The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Lady Snowblood - 1-4
Crying Freeman - 1-5

I can now finally witness for myself, (some of) the epic works of Kazuo Koike. I've been interested in obtaining his works from when I used to listen to AWO, where they seemlessly worshipped the guy...

Me-Mania said:
Lady Snowblood - 1-4
Crying Freeman - 1-5

I can now finally witness for myself, (some of) the epic works of Kazuo Koike. I've been interested in obtaining his works from when I used to listen to AWO, where they seemlessly worshipped the guy...
AWO?
Anyway, have you seen lone wolf and cub? Crying Freeman and Lone wolf are my favourite koike's work. I never finished lady snowblood though.

chaos said:
Me-Mania said:
Lady Snowblood - 1-4
Crying Freeman - 1-5

AWO?
Anyway, have you seen lone wolf and cub? Crying Freeman and Lone wolf are my favourite koike's work. I never finished lady snowblood though.

Anime world order, an anime podcast, I recommend you give it a try...http://animeworldorder.blogspot.com/

One day in my lifetime, I'll give Lone wolf and cub a go, but its pretty long and doubt there are scanlations...(Im in no position (financially) to start collecting it). If I enjoy CF and LS I'll try get my hands on Wounded man. I heard it was terrible...

Me-Mania said:
chaos said:
Me-Mania said:
Lady Snowblood - 1-4
Crying Freeman - 1-5

AWO?

Anime world order, an anime podcast, I recommend you give it a try...http://animeworldorder.blogspot.com/

One day in my lifetime, I'll give Lone wolf and cub a go, but its pretty long and doubt there are scanlations...(Im in no position (financially) to start collecting it). If I enjoy CF and LS I'll try get my hands on Wounded man. I heard it was terrible...

I shall give this podcast a try, as for Koike stuff, I've read cf and lone wolf completely, but didn't finish lady snowblood. Never heard of wounded man though.

chaos said:
Me-Mania said:
chaos said:
Me-Mania said:
Lady Snowblood - 1-4
Crying Freeman - 1-5

AWO?

I shall give this podcast a try, as for Koike stuff, I've read cf and lone wolf completely, but didn't finish lady snowblood. Never heard of wounded man though.

If you get around to listening to early AWO podcasts, I think they dedicate a whole podcast to him! I may be wrong cause I last listened to them in the summer. Any AWO listeners on hear that can clarify?

Got an email from Sendit saying there were cancelling my FMP: FUMOFFU order which sucks but hey at keast Azumanga and Neon Genesis both turned up. Don;t know if Aion or anyone else got their Fumoffu set.

I also had One Piece Vols 1-5 arrive from Maltos, thanks again for the sale.

Ok lets see i went a bit mad today

A boxset of azumanga R1 £19.99
martian successor Nedisco R2 £17.99
and Moon phase boxset R1 £13

:3 im quite chuffed with the moon phase one, though my mum in't to pleased

Otaku-san said:
Ok lets see i went a bit mad today

A boxset of azumanga R1 £19.99
martian successor Nedisco R2 £17.99
and Moon phase boxset R1 £13

:3 im quite chuffed with the moon phase one, though my mum in't to pleased

Can you link the moon phase to me, please?

Ordered Genshiken vol. 7, 8 and 9.
I'm reading 1 a day at the moment, so i'll have run out by saturday. At least I can complete it when these get here.

Went out into town today and got a few things:

Anime:
Hellsing Ultimate volume 3

Manga:
Fruits Basket volume 9 - finally! sheesh, it took me ages for FP, or anywhere around here in fact to get this back in, so there was no way i was missing out picking it up
Berserk volume 23
Hellsing volume 3

Doesn't it hurt you paying so much for Berserk? Dark Horse are a joke with their prices. £7+ for a paperback comic? No thanks.

Talking of Dark Horse, I picked up volumes 1, 2, 3 & 7 of Hellsing on eBay for roughly £3 each. I was trying to win volumes 1-7 but I was outbid for volumes 4-6. £3 each isn't bad when, because Dark Horse are the Beez of manga, it's rare to see their releases sell for less than £7.

I've also picked up a couple of other things on eBay over the last few days:

Appleseed: Geneon's Steelbook Release
DBZ: Season 2

Maltos said:
I'm reading 1 a day at the moment, so i'll have run out by saturday. At least I can complete it when these get here.

I had the same battle plan. I found it hard to do because, although it's a great series, the lack of any real plot connecting the chapters made it difficult to get in the mood for the next volume if I waited 24 hours. I had no issues reading the books once I opened 'em, though.

Aion said:
Maltos said:

I had the same battle plan. I found it hard to do because, although it's a great series, the lack of any real plot connecting the chapters made it difficult to get in the mood for the next volume if I waited 24 hours. I had no issues reading the books once I opened 'em, though.

It's a quality plan, hahah.
I'm managing good so far. I've read the first 5 volumes before, and i'm still enjoying reading them again. It's a great series. It's got the interesting characters which are necessary for a slice of life series.

I went into Brighton today and I got:

Anime figures:

Kaname Chidori and Teletha 'Tessa' Testarossa from Full Metal Panic

Suoh Takamura from Clamp School Detectives

Manga:

Tokyo Babylon volumes 4-5
Ouran High School Host Club volume 1

I got these from Borders as they had a 3 for 2 offer on manga

Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles volume 17

I got this for £1 from the shop I got my figures in as it was in one of their bargain bins

Back