The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Me-Mania said:
I have to wait till I'm 18, (16 atm).

Congratulations on the Monster lot, I was watching it but was out when bidding ended. I've seen you win quite a few lots I've watched like the Ecole du ciel one. Did that arrive?

You're making me feel old. I'll soon have to stop using anime boards like most others do once they're out of their teen years. :)

I'm never looking at the auctions when they end. I simply enter my max bid into Gixen and let it enter my bid 3-5 seconds before the end. It's less stressful than getting into bidding wars and saves me money.

My Gundam, Archlord and Kagetora books (all from the same seller) did eventually arrive. However, another auction I won, for Lament of Lamb 1-5 (I wanted to read it...), never arrived -- it seems the seller was the mother of the owner of the books and the daughter didn't want to sell for the price the auction ended at.

Rog: I saw that auction. I was annoyed that just after I'd won volumes 1-8 for £2.50 each and paid £5-6 for a new copy of volume 9 that an auction appeared, starting at 0.99p, in the wrong section for the entire series. But, in the end, you paid near enough the same amount I paid for the series.

I'm glad someone bothered to read my rubbish, and it pleases me that what I typed up made someone want to buy the series. It was annoying me a little that, even though I put in hours of effort, I only had one person comment on my review, and that was on the more dead UK Anime Net forum.

As for the misprices (again), I saw the first email straight away, ordering Azumanga, FMP: Fumoffu and Rahxephon. However, because of me trying not to use the net so much, I missed the email about the NGE set dropping in price...and, since you had an Eva set sent, it seems I missed out big time. On the plus side, my Azumanga and Rahxephon orders have been honoured -- I'm just waiting to see if my Fumoffu order is also going to be honoured.

Anime:
Code Geass Part 3 LE
Shattered Angels Complete Collection
Ouran High School Host Club Part 2

Manga:
Princess Resurrection Volume 5
Rosario + Vampire Volume 5
Triniy Blood Volume 9

Aion said:
Rog: I saw that auction. I was annoyed that just after I'd won volumes 1-8 for £2.50 each and paid £5-6 for a new copy of volume 9 that an auction appeared, starting at 0.99p, in the wrong section for the entire series. But, in the end, you paid near enough the same amount I paid for the series.

Yea shipping was a bit of a jip, especially now they arrived today. First off they did arrive in great condition and were fine however all he did was wrap them up in some brown paper and put LOADS of parcel tape around it, plus it only actually cost him £4.20 to send it. Guess paper and tape cost £2.80 nowadays. But still happy to have got the whole series in one go.

Aion said:
I'm glad someone bothered to read my rubbish, and it pleases me that what I typed up made someone want to buy the series. It was annoying me a little that, even though I put in hours of effort, I only had one person comment on my review, and that was on the more dead UK Anime Net forum.

Actually i always read your reviews (im more a lurker so rarely post) as you always seem to put so much attention into them, i feel they deserved to be read at the least. I knew of Genshiken and was intrigued by it but never enough to go search it out. Your review tipped me over the edge to get it.

Aion said:
As for the misprices (again), I saw the first email straight away, ordering Azumanga, FMP: Fumoffu and Rahxephon. However, because of me trying not to use the net so much, I missed the email about the NGE set dropping in price...and, since you had an Eva set sent, it seems I missed out big time. On the plus side, my Azumanga and Rahxephon orders have been honoured -- I'm just waiting to see if my Fumoffu order is also going to be honoured.

I was just lucky, i just happened to be messing around on FindDVD when i saw the Fumoffu set for £12.89. I then went hunting round SendIt for the sets that were cheap last time to see what else was back on and grabbed Azumanga and NGE. I did actually re-check FindDVD after ordering and the NGE set wasn't showing up there under SendIt, the cheapest was Amazin at £55 i think, which was strange as FMP and Azumanga both were.

My Fumoffu set is still awaiting stock pick as well, so hopefully it goes through ok.

Aion said:
Battle Royale: 1-8 (Manga)
Battle Royale: 9-15 (Manga)

I was prepared to pay £3.50 per book because it sounds like the series has the sort of story that makes you think how you'd act in the same situation -- like Death Note. But in the end, I only paid around £2.06 per book.

It's highly rated and has adult content, so I'm expecting it to be 8.5/10 worthy at the very least. I hope it lives up to my expectations.
**** sucks bro, this is coming from a big Battle Royale fan, though there's a lot of gore and nudez in there for you to fap to... if you're into that sort of thing.

Parasyte volume 6 (Was reading it before I got home.)
Fairy Tail volumes 3-5

Was gonna buy some Vampire Hunter D figures... but I think I'd rather keep my money.

Dan said:
I thought this was a sticky topic has someone changed it? or I am imagining it?

Imagining it I believe :p It has an attachment icon, maybe that's why you were confused? Or perhaps you were mistaking it for the Viewing Journal thread? D:

Yagami said:
Dan said:
I thought this was a sticky topic has someone changed it? or I am imagining it?

Imagining it I believe :p It has an attachment icon, maybe that's why you were confused? Or perhaps you were mistaking it for the Viewing Journal thread? D:

Perhaps you right, its also probably coz a lot of people post here so its usually at the top but it was about half way down when I saw it :)

miscs said:
Elfen lied boxset got dispatched today!

I can't believe it sendit just sent me an e-mail for 10% of everything I could have saved £1.70 :(
Worse things could have happened, I suppose.
At least watching Elfen Lied will help you take your mind off financial concerns.

Back