The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Arbalest said:
Monster Volume 1 - this i was extremely happy about, it took me ages but i finally found it in store yesterday, so i'm looking forward to reading it later this evening.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but you are on the internet, correct?

If I'm correct with my above assumption, why the hell do you need to find it in a physical store and mostly likely pay the full RRP?

I wish I was as easily pleased as you, I really do.

My Berserk set just arrived from PlayUSA. I'm not impressed with the case - 6 discs are housed in a standard sized DVD case. And by standard size I mean the size of a normal single or 2 disc case. Size matters. The disc art is nice, though.

Aion said:
Arbalest said:
Monster Volume 1 - this i was extremely happy about, it took me ages but i finally found it in store yesterday, so i'm looking forward to reading it later this evening.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but you are on the internet, correct?

If I'm correct with my above assumption, why the hell do you need to find it in a physical store and mostly likely pay the full RRP?

I wish I was as easily pleased as you, I really do.

I think for me, buying off the internet is a bad idea at the moment to be honest, mainly because if i was to start buying something online, i can see me spending over my budget, where as i don't get that much time to go into town because of uni work, so when i do, i buy the odd volume of this or that. It works out better for me, to be honest. I buy less, so i spend less.

Arbalest said:
I think for me, buying off the internet is a bad idea at the moment to be honest, mainly because if i was to start buying something online, i can see me spending over my budget
I hear that. Go on amazon or play or somewhere for one DVD, come away with a couple of DVDs and a couple of books = not good.

ilmaestro said:
Arbalest said:
I think for me, buying off the internet is a bad idea at the moment to be honest, mainly because if i was to start buying something online, i can see me spending over my budget
I hear that. Go on amazon or play or somewhere for one DVD, come away with a couple of DVDs and a couple of books = not good.

3rd

i went to simply order Ah my Budda for £13

and ended up adding Code Geass (£25)
and DBZ Saga 8 (£35)

DAMN U UP1!!!

Got myself a manga called "Keili" vol. 1, just because it sounded interesting, especially since it's a horror/romance from the sounds of it (with some action).

Yesterday
I ordered Solty Rei volume 2, and Slayers Next volumes 1, and 2.

Today
I Ordered Hellsing Ultimate vol 3, and pre ordered Hellsing Ultimate vol 4, and Death Note vol 5.

Went to London to visit Dad and my little brother and went a bit crazy after a stressful month at work. It helped that FP's manga sale section is getting more bloated by the second and some decent books can be found for 50-99p if you're lucky.

Manga:

Gintama 8, 10
Monster 17, 18
Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei 1
Nana 14
Gundam Ecole du Ciel 2, 3, 5

DVD (courtesy of my HMV voucher):

xxxHolic 2 (I hate Clamp but was surprised how much I liked part 1)
Death Note 4 (since Manga decided to make 5 a double I put my money where my mouth was)

Also got Watchmen on the same voucher because one of my friends keeps nagging that I should read it. And some mitarashi dango later :)

Then I got home and placed a new order for FMP: Fumoffu at Asda on the offchance they'll honour it this time, as well as Gintama 9 which I somehow forgot to pick up.

R

CitizenGeek said:
Aion said:

Have you read the manga adaptation of that? It's really not that good, despite it's reputation.

Yup, that's why I ordered the novel -- I liked it quite a lot (9/10 rating given) and want to see if the novel is different and/or better.

My one issue with the manga version was that it didn't last long enough. There wasn't enough time to get a feel for the relationship because Aki became ill straight after they did the rabbit thing. If it had been a two volume story then I might've given it 10/10.

I'm a romantic at heart and always feel a little bit of emotion during love stories like Socrates in Love. I wish there were more short love stories in manga form...

---------------

Battle Royale: 1-8 (Manga)
Battle Royale: 9-15 (Manga)

I was prepared to pay £3.50 per book because it sounds like the series has the sort of story that makes you think how you'd act in the same situation -- like Death Note. But in the end, I only paid around £2.06 per book.

It's highly rated and has adult content, so I'm expecting it to be 8.5/10 worthy at the very least. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

Negima: 11-12 (Manga)

Another couple of cheap volumes of Negima, taking my total to 11 volumes. Will I ever read them? Only God knows.

Aion said:
CitizenGeek said:
Aion said:

Have you read the manga adaptation of that? It's really not that good, despite it's reputation.

Yup, that's why I ordered the novel -- I liked it quite a lot (9/10 rating given) and want to see if the novel is different and/or better.

My one issue with the manga version was that it didn't last long enough. There wasn't enough time to get a feel for the relationship because Aki became ill straight after they did the rabbit thing. If it had been a two volume story then I might've given it 10/10.

I'm a romantic at heart and always feel a little bit of emotion during love stories like Socrates in Love. I wish there were more short love stories in manga form...

---------------

Battle Royale: 1-8 (Manga)
Battle Royale: 9-15 (Manga)

I was prepared to pay £3.50 per book because it sounds like the series has the sort of story that makes you think how you'd act in the same situation -- like Death Note. But in the end, I only paid around £2.06 per book.

It's highly rated and has adult content, so I'm expecting it to be 8.5/10 worthy at the very least. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

Negima: 11-12 (Manga)

Another couple of cheap volumes of Negima, taking my total to 11 volumes. Will I ever read them? Only God knows.

If only I had bid a bit more...
Congratulations on winning it Aion, I expected it to go for so much more. I've seen it go for £55+ previously. (btw, I bid max price £10 on both sets)

Sorry I have nothing to contribute to the thread but hopefully I will soon; as long as Aion doesn't outbid me again. :lol:

How come you only bid £10? I'm glad you did but those bids were a bit cheap. :p I was kinda surprised that the next highest bidder only went up to £10.50, but it wasn't totally unexpected because the seller didn't list the books in the manga section. Battle Royale isn't a big name like Naruto, so not a lot of people found the listings.

-----------

Credit cards are lovely things -- they allow you to forget what you actually have at the time and make you feel safe spending constantly. Together with the internet and eBay, it can force people into debt.

Having a credit card is why, only 1 day after winning another 17 volumes of manga, I won another auction for a further 10 volumes of manga. When I most likely won't get through the huge amount of books I have for ages, I wouldn't spend so much if I was only allowed to spend what I have on hand.

Monster: 1-10 (Manga)

I paid more than £2.06 per book this time (something like £2.89) but that's still excellent value for money when Monster is such a highly rated series. I liked the anime and it's going to be a lengthy period before I own the anime, so getting 10/18 of the manga instead is good.

It was a pretty half-assed bid. Unfortunately, my parents realise how much damage I would do with a credit card, so I have to wait till I'm 18, (16 atm).

I have to admit that there have been cases where I bid on items to push up the price to squeeze people for a bit more cash (on my own accord as opposed to assisting the seller). Sometimes It has backfired on me but only once or twice.

Congratulations on the Monster lot, I was watching it but was out when bidding ended. I've seen you win quite a few lots I've watched like the Ecole du ciel one. Did that arrive?

Aion said:
Monster: 1-10 (Manga)

I paid more than £2.06 per book this time (something like £2.89) but that's still excellent value for money when Monster is such a highly rated series. I liked the anime and it's going to be a lengthy period before I own the anime, so getting 10/18 of the manga instead is good.

I knew it had to be you when the price started jumping so dramatically as i was bidding and i was right, congrats on beating me to the punch :p

I was a bit more lucky with another win though

Genshiken Vol 1 - 9

Ironically i went after this based on Aions review in another thread so fair is fair

Also picked up Cromartie High School Vol 1 - 4 on DVD from Play at £3.99 a pop. £15.96 for the whole series isn't bad.

SendIt seemingly went mad again the other day as they dropped the price of a few anime boxsets down to under £13 each. Last time all 4 of my orders got cancelled. This time i just got confirmation that 2 of my 3 DVDs have been dispacthed.

Azumanga Daioh: Complete Collection @ £12.89
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Ultimate Tin Collection @ £12.89

Just waiting on seeing if Full Metal Panic FUMMOFFU will be honoured

Back