The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I remember starting Fafner when the US release started, thinking it wasn't that great but then being told that it got really good by the end of the series. Where did you order it from, btw?

Parlabor set + 4 other anime films

All wanted was the Patlabor set. It would've been a great bargain (considering stupid people pay stupid amounts for Ghibli films) if I didn't own everything else apart from Aeon Flux, which will suck badly if the live-action flick is anything to by, but I can sell the extras and turn the £6.77 paid into a few quid profit. The Patlabor set usually goes for around £5-6 on its own anyway...

Death Note: Another Note

In the past I refused to order it because £7 seemed a lot for a short novel. This time around I decided to order it since it still hasn't dropped in price. It's the last Death Note book I need to complete my collection and I want to read it quite a lot.

ilmaestro said:
I remember starting Fafner when the US release started, thinking it wasn't that great but then being told that it got really good by the end of the series. Where did you order it from, btw?

I've got it from ebay. Complete series was selling for 39, it's the madman release (This usually is a good thing).

i got Ghost Slayer Ayashi Part 1 Limited Edition Comes with a lovely artbox, vols 1 and 2, Manga Vol 1 and GuideBook 1. ~r1~

I see it trailered a while back and like the look of it so thought i would give it ago

also got Baccano! Vol 1 with Artbox ~r1~ the trailer for it looked interesting so gave it ago

Aya-Kun said:
i got Ghost Slayer Ayashi Part 1 Limited Edition Comes with a lovely artbox, vols 1 and 2, Manga Vol 1 and GuideBook 1. ~r1~

I see it trailered a while back and like the look of it so thought i would give it ago

also got Baccano! Vol 1 with Artbox ~r1~ the trailer for it looked interesting so gave it ago

I might have to get that I was not sure as it seemed a lot of money, but if it comes with volume 2 and that other stuff it might be worth picking up.

Postman just delivered:

Death Note Vol 4, role on 25th May for vol 5, might actually start watching it then.

I hate running out of eps to watch when your into a series.

chaos said:
ilmaestro said:

I've got it from ebay. Complete series was selling for 39, it's the madman release (This usually is a good thing).
Ah, ok, cheers. Would like to hear your thoughts on it when you get around to watching it.

ilmaestro said:
chaos said:
ilmaestro said:

Ah, ok, cheers. Would like to hear your thoughts on it when you get around to watching it.
Will do. Be warned that I have a tendency to like everything =)

Emma: Volume 1
Goth (Manga)
Kieli: Volume 1
King of Thorn: Volume 1
Socrates in Love

Emma has been of interest for awhile. I fancy some more realistic manga after finishing Genshiken and Emma came into my head, so I ordered the first volume to have a look. If I like it I'll forget my lack of money issue and order as many of the other volumes as I can.

Goth is a 5 chapter manga. With my lack of money, that alone made it tempting. It's supposed to be a very dark story about a serial killer. Going on the fact it's recommended to Death Note fans on MAL, I'm guessing it's how Death Note would've been with graphic death scenes and no supernatral elements.

I'm going to have a look at Kieli simply because it's a 2 volume series with high ratings. The plot doesn't really sound like its up my street but I'm sure if it's truly great then my taste won't matter very much.

King of Thorn sounds pretty good. I haven't read a horror manga yet, so I shouldn't get "Same old, same old..." feelings. I'm a little unsure about it because there have been a few negative reviews but I still thought I'd have a look.

Like Goth, Socrates in Love is a single volume story that was based on a novel. I'm a guy who seems to get something out of seeing lovers separated by the grim repear and I'm sure I'll like it, in my own depressive way.

There were a few other volumes I was looking at but I thought it best to leave me spending at £25. For now. It isn't like I'm short of reading material at the moment...

Dracos said:
Aya-Kun said:

I might have to get that I was not sure as it seemed a lot of money, but if it comes with volume 2 and that other stuff it might be worth picking up.

The cheapest i found it was axelmusic, i paid just under £29 with postage which is better than watch up1 or otaku have it listed for, tho i did notice its gone up to £29 with out postage -prob the exchage rate- but still better than every where else http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/669198803666

Ok i got them yesterday but still:

Berserk Volume 22
Hellsing Volume 2(manga)
Monster Volume 1 - this i was extremely happy about, it took me ages but i finally found it in store yesterday, so i'm looking forward to reading it later this evening.

Back