The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

According to play my FLCL box set, that I ordered aaaaaages ago, was posted yesterday.

I'm so excited!

EDIT: Also tenchi muyo box arrived today. Cheers for the heads up peeps

Bought Samurai Champloo because although I hated the episode I saw once it seems to be vanishing everywhere slowly and I'm sure I will like it if I try again...

Got a load of anime from family recently so I haven't been buying much.

R

Been a while but this is all i got in past month or so

One Piece First Voyage
Case Closed Season 1
Case Closed Season 3
Fullmetal Alchemist Boxset Part 1
Naruto 2:1
Naruto 3:1
Naruto 3:2
Naruto 4:1
Naruto 4:2
Gasaraki Vol 1 to 8
Transformers Takara Vol 2 - Masterforce
Transformers Takara Vol 3 - Victory
Wild Arms Vol 1
Death Note Vol 1

Manga
Shaman King Vol 1 to 3
Bleach Vol 1
Blank Vol 1
Vaizard Vol 1
Muhyo & Roji's Bureau Of Supernatural Investigation Vol 1

chaos said:
Dan said:
Vampire Princess Miyu (OAV) Vols 1 & 2
Hey, I've seen the TV series, but not the OAV's, so what's it like ? have you seen the tv series? how does it compares to it?

I haven't seen the TV series, was thinking of buying it, still got one ep to watch I shall let you know in about 25mins but so far so good.

Edit: Really liked it. Gonna order vol 1 of the TV series.

Magic Knight Rayearth: Season 1

Although I'll most likely not rate it very highly, it was too cheap to resist going for the box set when Rayearth isn't available over here. Part of the reason I got it was to see what exactly the annoying white/black creatures that appear in Tsubasa and xxxholic are. If I hate it then, at the very least, I should be able to sell it and break even.

My Hime: Volume 4 (R1)

The same seller who was selling the Rayearth set was also selling R1 copies of volumes 3-4 of My Hime. I need R1 copies of Vol. 3-4 to help complete my R1 box set. Sadly for me, I only ended up winning one of the two because some bastard outbid me for volume 3. I now cannot watch volumes 1-4 to judge if the series is worth watching in full.

Hellsing: Ultimate - Volume 2

One seller had sealed copies of both volumes 2-3 for sale. Even though I want the R1 steelbook releases, I figured if I got R2 copies of the volumes I need for cheap it would allow me to watch the series on DVD before I grow a beard, so I went for them. I put in low bids of £3.77, expecting to either win both or win neither. I ended up only winning one, which leaves me unable to watch the series in full on DVD and with a messy incomplete collection... :/

In other news, my Gundam, Kagetora and Archlord books still haven't arrived. The seller told me on Sunday that he'd send them first thing on Monday (after I'd messaged him yet again)...but, of course, it just so happened to snow all night. It's looking like these bargain transactions are going to be a true test of my temper when the seller has, so far, only replied to one of the messages I've sent him since the 22nd. He's almost asking for me to hit him with 3x negative feedback.

I'm having similar issues with my Lament of Lamb books. I paid on the 25th, the seller left me feedback on the 25th and she marked the books as sent (via 1st Class Recorded). However, it's now the 3rd of Feb and still no parcel has arrived. She has also ignored my messages.

Maybe I've used up all my eBay luck? I hadn't been having any problems...

Aion said:
Magic Knight Rayearth: Season 1

Although I'll most likely not rate it very highly, it was too cheap to resist going for the box set when Rayearth isn't available over here. Part of the reason I got it was to see what exactly the annoying white/black creatures that appear in Tsubasa and xxxholic are. If I hate it then, at the very least, I should be able to sell it and break even.
Unfortunately then you may not like hearing that the entire reason why the Mokonas are... well, Mokonas is completely skipped and replaced in the anime. As for what Mokona is, that's dealt with only in the final volume of the manga (volume 6 or volume II-3).

Aside from a fight against a guy wearing a teddy bear mask (you read that right) towards the end, Afro Samurai stunk like the mice I had rotting under my floorboards in the past. It had a high budget and the only black man in Hollywood voice acting but NO sunstance whatsoever. Americanized anime isn't great. Watching the extras was painful because it was clear as day that none of the voice actors had actually watched any real anime.

Having had little interest in Afro Samurai previously, I watched some trailers when I noticed that the sequel was due for release. They were so self-consciously cool that I just couldn't help myself. Substance-free anime, much like fast food, is fine in moderation. Hellsing Ultimate doesn't have a whole lot of substance, either, but it's still great fun.

Compared to Afro Samurai, Hellsing is as deep as the ocean.

A black samurai (...) with an afro watched his daddy get killed in a battle to be #1 (think Highlander). He gets in a fight and kills his master because he has the #2 headband needed to fight #1 for some illogical reason. A friend of the soulless black guy sees him kill their master and swears to get revenge. The friend wears a teddy bear mask and fights to the death with the lifeless black guy. The black guy 'kills' #1 in the most anti-climatic fight ever. The 'dead' guy revives so there can be a sequel. The end.

...oh, there's also a group on perverred monks who want the #1 title for themselves and send a cyborg after the dull black guy. They all die.

Back