The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Well, that sucks. It had be one of the two I already owned that PlayUSA are selling for £13. There's no way I'm paying £18 x 2.

Play.com sent my copy of Death Note: Volume 1 today. Back in-stock it is, collect the series I will. Play also sent the Tenchi Muyo OVAs set I ordered om a whim.

i got today yu yu hakasho season 1 from playusa for £14.99 aslo got darker than black vol 1 with artbox from there the other day as well =) for £15.99 the cheapest i could find it.

Oh i might have to get my last vol oh hellsing unlimited from playusa if its that cheap then its the only one that i need =)

Just pre-ordered the limited edition of Code Geass Part 3, as well as the manga We Were There 2, Love*Com 10 and Tsubasa 20.

Just a question about PLAYUSA. Do they ship from within the UK, or from the US? I'm just wondering as a lot of you guys seem to be buying things that are near or over the £18 limit, and I'm wondering if you've been stung by customs?

Caved and put in a pre-order for Wolf's Rain Perfect Collection at £17.99 from PlayUSA.

At that price it's impossible to resist. And apparently Bandai got a new replicator for their discs. The only issue is whether it will be possible to get the discs out without snapping them in half.

Akaihane said:
Just a question about PLAYUSA. Do they ship from within the UK, or from the US? I'm just wondering as a lot of you guys seem to be buying things that are near or over the £18 limit, and I'm wondering if you've been stung by customs?

Some stuff is posted from in the EU but unfortunately normally the more expensive bits are sent from the US, so duty can bite. As for stuff under £18 if they can keep it under £18 they will, so some bargains can be had as postage is included and they ship items individually, I've managed to pick up a few bits at £17.99 that are over £20 elsewhere.

Today I got. Naruto Uncut LE box Set 12 and Aria The Natural Part 1 Box Set. Unfortunately due to the possibility of getting hit for duty I bought them from UP1 as it would work out slightly cheaper than paying the duty.

So first thing this morning the postie knocks on the door and hands me a box and an envelope from Play USA. In the box was the limited edition of Hellsing Ultimate 1, with the figure, a pleasant surprise since I though I'd ordered the steelbook-only version. Hellsing Ultimate 4 was in the envelope, and that is just a steelbook, which probably explains the lower price.

Just need the other two now. After that, I'm not buying anything else ever :?

Vol. 9 of Genshiken. I need it to complete my collection and, since I've already gone through the first 10 chapters, I thought it best to order it early.

In other TBD related new, 3 more books arrived from them today. 1 is mint, 1 needed the top of the spine pushed up to hide the white underneath and had a bit of cover loose (common manga damage it seems) and the other had a bit of the cover ripped/loose on the bottom right of the spine. It's becoming annoying how rare it is to receive perfect condition books for £5-6 each, and I really should be when I'm paying for new. I'd feel silly typing up a complaint for over and over for minor damage but it's certainly becoming a problem. Most of my TBD orders have had minor imperfections and, of course, my Naruto box set arrived with the mother of all knocks to a corner.

Play usually just guess with their release dates. PlayUSA are probably the same.

These Berserk (was pushed back months because it was a week late), Wolf's Rain (pushed ack because of DVD authoring issues?) and Gundam 08th (ditto?) may take a long time to be sent.

Back