The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

fabricatedlunatic said:
Dracos said:
Urusei Yatsura Move 2
A wise choice, sir.

My first purchase of 2009 is the third volume of Sundome. Mmm, Kurumi.

I picked up the other films cheap from anime on line just before Crimbo but could not get movie 2, then I realised I think it was the one released by someone other than MVM so picked up a cheap copy from second spin.

I have a severe urge to read Sundome volume 4 even though other manga have been sitting waiting for me to read them longer.

Beautiful Dreamer was released in the US by CPM, but they had Animeigo do the translation and subtitles. I have no idea why they were only interested in that particular film, nor why MVM (or Anime Projects) never sublicensed it from them. Considering it's the best Urusei Yatsura movie, it's somewhat tragic that it's never been released here.

Sundome is a strange one. It's so mean-spirited, yet I can't help but derive perverse enjoyment from Hideo's suffering. And, let's face it, those camel toes are quite incredible... :twisted:

fabricatedlunatic said:
Sundome is a strange one. It's so mean-spirited, yet I can't help but derive perverse enjoyment from Hideo's suffering. And, let's face it, those camel toes are quite incredible... :twisted:

I don't know what there is about it but I seem to get drawn into the story deeper than so much else I read.

Was in town earlier today so i picked up volumes 19 and 20 of Berserk, and the second Hellsing Ultimate DVD, which i'll no doubt watch over tonigt or tomorrow.
On a random note, and probably not that amazing but hey, whilst in HMV getting Hellsing there was a whole group of people all getting animé as well, its normally nothing out of the ordinary, but i tend to usually just see one or two people there, not a group together.

i got in the post today Code Geass Part 2 Limited Edition, ive been meaning to get this since it was released end of last year finaly got around to it, the box that is comes isn't as sturdy as the first part its more like a throw-away box but i think ill just keep all of the little books and cds that come with it in them

heres a piccy still a lovely set tho

CitizenGeek said:
Aya-Kun said:

Wow, that's awesome! I hope we get Code Geass sets like that for the UK release :]

Bah!, i'm trying to keep within me budget, but now i see that i need to go buy it =/. Curse you impulse buying. So yeah, ordering Code Geass collection 2 LE. There goes me budget for the month, hah.

Back