The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

chaos said:
Wildcard said:
Battle Angel Alita vol 1 - figured I'd give it a go after seeing some of the OVA.
Guess you liked it then =) There's a James Cameron movie coming soon.... ish.

BTW, I'm guessign you got yourself the manga, right?

I think it was the news about the James Cameron movie that made me look up the ova on youtube. Really liked what I saw, but it seems it's unavailable in R2 - so yeah, it's the manga.

25 volumes of Urusei Yatsura TV and the rest of Saiyuuki Reload Gunlock. My wallet is going to be hurting for some time but it will make the end of my shelving look incredible to see all of UY in singles close to all of YYH in singles. That's my excuse.

I feel stupid for not buying it when the dollar was better but I'll feel worse if I let it all become more expensive and rare without picking it up. Gunlock is already going for crazy prices on Zshops despite being pretty mediocre.

You can all thank me for tempting fate when they both come out in thinpacks at a fraction of the price.

R

Rui said:
25 volumes of Urusei Yatsura TV
Blimey. I should thank you because those thinpaks will be coming now, and I'll have them ;)

I have been mostly buying Genshiken economy collection (wanted the art box but balls to paying double for that version) and the second volume of Darker Than Black.

Rui said:
25 volumes of Urusei Yatsura TV.

I feel stupid for not buying it when the dollar was better but I'll feel worse if I let it all become more expensive and rare without picking it up. Gunlock is already going for crazy prices on Zshops despite being pretty mediocre.

You can all thank me for tempting fate when they both come out in thinpacks at a fraction of the price.

R

I feel the same about Urusei Yatsura. I have the first 14 and kept putting off buying anymore as other things kept making their way further up the list. Until the dollar thing I had intended to do a big buy the next time no new series I was interested in came along. I am still hoping they may release some UY box sets generally, as the ones I saw before seemed to be direct from the distributors and you could not get them delivered out side the US otherwise I would have had the years ago.

Bought anime:
Blood+ Volume 4.
Darker Than Black Volume 2.

Truered said:
Negima, my-HiME and Escaflowne collections from playusa
Be careful when removing the My-HiME discs. There were a lot of reports at Anime On DVD from people who snapped the sixth disc clean in half while attempting to prize it from the vice-like grip of its Scanavo hub. It's one of the reasons I haven't bought it yet.

Here's the relevant thread.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Truered said:
Negima, my-HiME and Escaflowne collections from playusa
Be careful when removing the My-HiME discs. There were a lot of reports at Anime On DVD from people who snapped the sixth disc clean in half while attempting to prize it from the vice-like grip of its Scanavo hub. It's one of the reasons I haven't bought it yet.

Here's the relevant thread.

Ah thanks.

More then once I've spent five minutes (or more) trying to get a DVD out (so far only anime). Guess I'll have to be careful...er. (Have slight OCD, and hate even faint fingerprints on the DVD :oops: )

Azumanga (Complete Collection)
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu (Complete Collection)
Guyver (Complete Collection)
Last Exile (Complete Collection)
Negima! (Complete Collection)
Noir (Complete Collection)
Rahxephon (Complete Collection)

...and 8 (1 from each store) orders for 'IT'.

I couldn't resist ordering so much when anime tends to be so expensive in the UK. I'll have to do a fair bit of selling at some point if most of the above are sent because I own a lot of individual volumes.

I'll cry manly tears if my CC company does what they've done in the past and declines all the transactions due to the number. The last time they did they never even phoned to check before declining the transactions...

Najica Blitz Tactics
Full Metal Panic - Complete Collection
Hellsing - The Collection
Last Exile - Complete Collection

missed Negima though :(

Back