The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Grabbed all of Noein from Zavvi's meltdown sale for £11.99 (thanks to a kind stranger showing me a cheaper set when I picked it up). I'm not even sure I'll like it but I can live with the risk at that price.

Bought because everyone suddenly started mentioning it recently and it made me want to give it a try.

R

Rui said:
Grabbed all of Noein from Zavvi's meltdown sale for £11.99 (thanks to a kind stranger showing me a cheaper set when I picked it up). I'm not even sure I'll like it but I can live with the risk at that price.

Bought because everyone suddenly started mentioning it recently and it made me want to give it a try.

R

I'm going into town tomorrow so I'll definietly try to pick up Noein from Zavvi :)

Rui said:

R

Even though it would've been hard for even me to resist buying it at that price, it would've been better to get the R1 set for a few quid more. The R1 set has proper subtitles (the R2 set is supposed to have only dubtitles) and the R1 set is full-sized, meaning it looks more expensive than a thinpack set.

The Noein dub isn't very good. I tried watching it dubbed for an episode or two before quickly switching back to listening to the wonderful Japanese voices. A number of the English voices don't match the characters (adult Isami for one) and the highly intelligent quantum physics person has an awful accent that makes her sound like a $20 per hour whore.

-------

Aside from FINALLY managing to get GotF on eBay and also picking up Batman: Gotham Knight for cheap, I haven't paid for any anime. My drive has gone.

I have, however, paid for a few volumes of manga - Vol. 1 of A.I. Love You, Vol. 2 of Tsukihime and Vol. 7 of NHK - but I also have no manga reading drive atm. I got two just to complete my collections and the other because I enjoyed reading Vol. 1.

Aion said:
Even though it would've been hard for even me to resist buying it at that price, it would've been better to get the R1 set for a few quid more. The R1 set has proper subtitles (the R2 set is supposed to have only dubtitles) and the R1 set is full-sized, meaning it looks more expensive than a thinpack set.

Yeah - because I'm not too sure whether I'll like Noein it would never have been bought if I had to do it premeditatedly (i.e. online). As a cheap impulse buy I can live with crummy Manga UK quality. If I like it I might upgrade...

Though I do really like thinpacks in my tiny house.

And I'll be skipping the dub ;)

R

Looked in Zavvi for cheap anime, but unfortunately they had blocked off the upstairs (where the anime normally is), and I looked around downstairs, but they didn't have any anime, except an overpriced "Dead space" dvd ;_;

Gantz volume 1 - Skimmed through this, looks really stylish and looks like something I'll definietly enjoy; If I do, I'll go back next week and get volume 2! (or order online :p)

Also got latest neo mag with a whsmith gift card I had been given over christmas :d

Rui said:
Phoenix (complete collection).

R

I was enjoying that around crimbo but the last couple of episodes on my first disc are corrupted I tried the disc in several players but it is the same in them all. It was pretty cheap so I am not too bothered but may try to track down a cheap disc one to replace it. If you watch it soon let us know if your discs are okay.

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage, vol 3

also some manga-

Berserk vol 21-22 - Still addicted to this.

Battle Angel Alita vol 1 - figured I'd give it a go after seeing some of the OVA.

Wildcard said:
Battle Angel Alita vol 1 - figured I'd give it a go after seeing some of the OVA.
Guess you liked it then =) There's a James Cameron movie coming soon.... ish.

BTW, I'm guessign you got yourself the manga, right?

Just bought the rest of Tetsujin 28 from Secondspin as I realised it's probably not a priority to be finished over here and it was super cheap.

Dracos said:
I was enjoying that around crimbo but the last couple of episodes on my first disc are corrupted I tried the disc in several players but it is the same in them all. It was pretty cheap so I am not too bothered but may try to track down a cheap disc one to replace it. If you watch it soon let us know if your discs are okay.

Ouch! Just bumped it up my backlog to check and skimming through it looks as though my disc is fine. Hopefully you can replace your faulty one and it was a one off...

I'll watch it properly over the next few days and post again if there's any weirdness.

R

Back