The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World DVD set. May as well scoop up some of these cheap anime bundles whilst the industry wobbles around.

And Nyan Tama from Macross F. I'm not sure why as I don't like Kanno and haven't seen Macross F, but the music I've heard so far brainwashed me - that's my excuse anyway.

R

I couldn't resist ordering all six volumes of Kurau: Phantom Memory from TSRI. With postage it totalled approximately the same amount for which I'll be able to pick up Funimation's cheapo re-release next year, but I wanted the box and booklets that are included with the singles. I just hope that it slips through customs unnoticed.

Today I recieved my Bleach boxset, episodes 1-20. I also got volume 1 of Trinity Blood and also volumes 1-4 of Serial Experiments Lain.

This was a shock for me. I bought the whole collection of Serial Experiments Lain on DVD, authentic from MVM, new and sealed, for £3.93 in total. They were selling each volume for 99P, which I thought was unreal.

Amray said:
Today I recieved my Bleach boxset, episodes 1-20. I also got volume 1 of Trinity Blood and also volumes 1-4 of Serial Experiments Lain.

This was a shock for me. I bought the whole collection of Serial Experiments Lain on DVD, authentic from MVM, new and sealed, for £3.93 in total. They were selling each volume for 99P, which I thought was unreal.

Good lad (girl ?) ! I've go that myself as well. I believe you might want to watch this thread here. People usually post the cheap stuff here.

panda z said:
Ah, what a bargain, less than £4! After reading that I couldn't resist getting Serial Experiments Lain myself, I've been wanting to see it for ages!
Go and do that now!

Also, I've got their club thing as well, with all oh my goddess for 1 quid and a few 2 / 3 quid ones and got me a nice applessed ex-machina dvd for free. The club is not worth if you don't like their cheap stuff though.

...And you were willing to spend £8.99 to watch another 45 minutes of this poor anime? I thought I had issues with wasting money.

You need to check MAL again. A score of 6 is "fine", not "poor". Just because you follow the video game magazine scoring system, where anything that scores less than 7 (or the equivalent) is garbage, doesn't mean that everyone else does.

6/10 is also only one step above average. I doubt you'd find many other people willing to buy 2/4 of a series they rate 6/10 brand new.

Didn't you also rate Yugo, a series you dropped after 6 or 7 episodes, 6/10?

Anyway, if you dislike it, feel free to send it to me as a Christmas present. I need Vol. 2-3 to watch my copy of Vol. 4, and I wouldn't object to getting a copy for free.

The first arc of Yugo was all right but I didn't see it getting any better; I watched the first half of episode 7 and the art & animation and had taken a turn for the worse. Hellsing Ultimate, on the other hand, has potential to improve, and I don't want to write it off after just one episode.

Buy a copy you cheapskate :p

I'm waiting for the pound to stop being a pussy or the R1 steelbook releases to appear on eBay. My collection will look messy with 2 Geneon steelbooks and 2 Manga plastic cases.

Talking of the pounds failings, a new SecondSpin code appeared today. The bad news is that this new code requires a minimum $30 spend, and that's not good at all when $30 is currently equal to £20 - £2 over the customs limit. No Law of Ueki Vol. 2-8 order for me...

Aion said:
Talking of the pounds failings, a new SecondSpin code appeared today. The bad news is that this new code requires a minimum $30 spend, and that's not good at all when $30 is currently equal to £20 - £2 over the customs limit. No Law of Ueki Vol. 2-8 order for me...

But $30-20% is safe. So long as you don't go over by much and so long as the pound doesn't continue to wobble around like this :( it's such a shame.

Re: fabricatedlunatic and Yugo 7, the new animation style and designs stayed for the rest of the series. I liked the later style more than the original one but the storyline was even stupider, so you didn't miss much. At least the first half had the attractive dancing girl occasionally.

R

Rui said:
..At least the first half had the attractive dancing girl occasionally.

Drooling over some belly dancer and want us to believe he is a girl... ;D I must say that I liked the first arc of Yugo better as well.

My Christmas anime shopping is complete...

Over the last few weeks I've received...

Tenchi Muyo GXP and Please Teacher, all of which were under £18 from Play.com

Ah My Goddess Season 2 which was £26 from DVD Pacific.

Yesterday I ordered Le Chevalier D'Eon from Play.com at £5.99 a disc for six discs.

And today DVD Pacific mailed out the Welcome To The NHK boxsets at £45 for the lot. (I'm willing to take the hit on customs for this one, considering that every package that has been over the limit in the past year has somehow snuck through unchallenged, it's only karma)

Back