The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I've bought 'The Girl who Leapt through Time' yesterday from HMV. Nice cover and art cards.

Watched the dub today and I love it as much as I do with the sub. It's still a very lovable and excellent film, which gives me the same feelings as it has done a few months ago and still shows me 'anime isn't tosh' nowadays.

Aion said:
I won a sealed copy of the Macross Plus box set today for £3, together with a bootleg copy of Macross II. I'm quite happy about getting Plus sealed because, as far as I know, it's OOP now.
That's not a bootleg. It's a Kiseki release, though, so it might as well be (they were not known for quality DVDs).

Ammy: What do the TGWLTT art cards depict? Character art or scenery?

I assumed it was a bootleg with a PG sticker stuck on since it looks like it has a Hong Kong image in the top right. :) If it's a proper UK release, that makes the £3 spent even sweeter.

I'm about to get into more debt by ordering Vol. 1-2 of Confidential Confessions: Deai. I read all but the final chapter of the first series last night, going through Vol. 4-6 after re-reading Vol. 2-3. For a series that deals with hard-hitting issues in a realistic way, it's very easy to read for hours... I suppose the main reason it's so easy is that the endings of the stories are happy rather than sad.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Aion said:
I won a sealed copy of the Macross Plus box set today for £3, together with a bootleg copy of Macross II. I'm quite happy about getting Plus sealed because, as far as I know, it's OOP now.
Ammy: What do the TGWLTT art cards depict? Character art or scenery?

Art Card 1 - The DVD cover of PAL TGWLTT
Art Card 2 - Makoto leaping in the air, blue sky in the background
Art Card 3 - Those horrible animations of horses.
Art Card 4 - Makoto floating in a... sea background kind of thing? It's the part where she first fell on that walnut kind of thing (would explain, but spoiler) and she went through sceneries.

That's it =P

Martian Successor Nadesico Perfect Collection. On a total whim at 3am. Probably shouldn't have, but then I've been especially cheap with Christmas presents this year so it shouldn't stretch the old finances too far.

Just got the Gundam Wing: Complete Remastered Edition today in the post. Not seen this in years, looks very nice with its art booklet (I love the smell of new books) i'll be interested to see just how improved the show looks with it being remastered :)

Moribito Vols 1 & 2 + Art Box
Lucky Star Vol 4 LE

I am not happy though both got hit for duty when at their prices a few weeks back they would have got through.

Dracos said:
I am not happy though both got hit for duty when at their prices a few weeks back they would have got through.

This is what has stopped me importing anything now. It's pretty dire.

I hope at some point in the forseeable future importing will be like it has been for the past year or so.

melonpan said:
Dracos said:

I hope at some point in the forseeable future importing will be like it has been for the past year or so.
Yeah, I wanted to import the Macross boxed set, but if that gets stung by customs at the current exchange rate... ouch.

We'll just have to hope the US economy does worse than ours... On that note America's Car & Banking Industries are now fighting it out for the same bailout money. I predict they give loads to the car manufacturers who piss it all away and don't leave enough to stop the banks going down. We won't have these problems 'cause we don't have any industry anymore. I'd never have thought there was an upside to Thatcher but there you go...

I'm hopeful (with no basis - I don't understand what would be required for the value of the pound to rise) the pound will be stronger by the end of next month, which is probably when SecondSpin will reactivate the "heynow" code, but I'm not holding my breath. There are quite a few Geneon DVDs I'd like to order from them for cheap during their next sale...

I'm not too bothered by imports no longer being cheap due to me being an eBay bargain hunter who spends too much on bargains. Really, I only ever ordered a few Anime Legends sets and PS2 RPGs over the last for years from America, so it's only the free shipping + 20% off sales SecondSpin run every 2 months that's hitting me.

---------

R.O.D.: TV - Vol. 1-7 + art box (R1) - £26.00

3 x £7 = £21
1 x 5 = £5

In my mind, that's how I worked it out before bidding. I have no problem paying £3 per DVD and putting a little extra on top when bidding for complete Geneon collections. I paid £25 to the same seller for his Melody of Oblivion set, and R.O.D.: TV is supposed to be a much better series than that.

A.I. Love You - Vol. 2-8 - £10.49

Since I'm running low (or rather, out of cash), I only bid £2 per volume, with £1 on top. I won the auction for £5 less than my bid, paying £1.50 per volume. I now just need to find a copy of Vol. 1 to get a complete collection for VERY cheap.

Full Metal Panic! (manga): Vol. 1-4 - £9.49

My limit for most second-hand manga is £2.50 per volume, so this was just under my limit. If the volumes are described, I'll be happy.

*sigh* eBay addiction is bad. Pretty much everything I win is bargaintastic or close to it, but it does add up win you keep winning. The three auctions above alone add up to nearlt £50! >_<[/url]

melonpan said:
Dracos said:

I have now got to the stage of going back to playusa and have started using up1 for stuff as they are now competitive on price with buying direct from the US. Playusa are good as anything they can keep under £18 they do, and include postage. up1 now seem to have prices that are just under what you would pay from the US including duty, so less risk and you know what you are paying upfront.

A question for anyone that uses UP1. How good are they at getting the 7-10 stuff out?

Manga:
Blood + Vol 4

Anime:
Claymore Vol 2
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time R1 LE

Over the past week (and this is it until Soul Eater volume 7 comes out in Japan, next year):

Darker Than Black volume 1 + artbox (I'm really only getting this volume, lol).

Japanese imports: Soul Eater volume 4 first pressing w/ a ridiculous amount of awesome extras.

Rozen Maiden shinsoban volume 7 w/ THE MOST GORGEOUS BOX. I'm not joking, this package is the most sexy thing I've laid my eyes on, the actual manga book slipcover is gold embossed all over, with the actual book covers being purely gold coloured, the inside of the box (that holds the previous 6 volumes) it has some stunning artwork and the whole of the inside is holographic/metallic. And it comes with a little collection of cards and stickers and a gold foil embossed art card.

I SO don't regret preordering this all those months back, and I'm so glad I didn't cancel it, as much as the cost of it pains me.

Maka-Maka v.2 (GN)
Two hot girls do naughty things to/with each other. Yay.

Solanin (GN)
Highly-rated slice of life story about two graduates who don't know what to do with their lives. Sounds like my kind of thing.

Back