The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

After not having won anything on eBay since the 24th, I went on a mini-eBay rampage today due to lots of interesting auctions ending. If not for an annoying bastard outbidding me for R1 Bleach and Haruhi box sets, I would've spent even more.

First of all, I won 8 separate auctions for volumes of manga (same seller): Negima 1-5 and Tsubasa 5-7. The total came to £15 + £5.70 postage.

Then, later, I finally won an auction for the Shana box set. I didn't mind paying £21 for it when, with the current exchange rate, I'd have to pay £30 and get hit by customs for it new. However, the win was soured by an annoying person beating me to the other 2 sets the seller was selling (he'd paid £30 for a Shana box set previously, so the only reason I won it was because he had it).

I followed that up by winning an auction for lots of DVDs together, including Negima Vol. 2-3, the SE of Negima 6, Gantz 8 & 10, Tokko 1 & 2 and other DVDs, some I already own. I didn't think it was bad to win all that for £13.50 since I kinda want to collect Negima.

And, finally, I finished off by winning a Gundam box set with 3 movies for £9 and .hack//roots: Vol. 1 for £3 (same seller, so might get small P&P discount).

...eBay addiction is a bad thing. I only had a £270 CC bill the other day!

Mixed bag due to LAC etc.

Marimite season 2 box
Boys Over Flowers manga vol 30
Maison Ikkoku manga vol 5
Gorgeous Blade of the Immortal artbook

R

I don't even know anything about the Gundam films included: I won them simply because they'll make new additions to my collections. >:D

Link me to what you paid £18 for. I wasn't aware there was another, cheaper set - All I knew was that the set I won is OOP.

Shana may very well be ****, but it's a shounen (I think?) and it's a Geneon re-release, so I might end up happy with it. If you watched Law of Ueki you'd probably say that's crap just because it's a shounen. :p

This. The DVDs are the same but the packaging is different (that is, cheaper).

The films are edited together from the original Gundam TV series and are supposedly an excellent starting point for anyone getting into the franchise.

Getting into UC Gundam you two? Good stuff... though something tells me you won't take to the original Gundam films Aion. They are a good starting point, but some of the ideas of the original series are better realised (if a little messily exectued IMO) in Zeta. I wish they'd release the Zeta movies over here.

ayase said:
Getting into UC Gundam you two? Good stuff... though something tells me you won't take to the original Gundam films Aion. They are a good starting point, but some of the ideas of the original series are better realised (if a little messily exectued IMO) in Zeta. I wish they'd release the Zeta movies over here.

I could of sworn i heard rumblings that Bandai were going to release the Zeta Gundam: A new transaltion films in the states but nothing's materliased yet. Besides i would much rather if there was some other Gudnam releases first (like After War Gundam X)

BlackWolf said:
That will haunt you forever Black. I'll make sure of it. :lol:

I asked Andrew about the Zeta films in the Beez thread. He said it was something they were looking into but had other priorites.

ayase said:
BlackWolf said:
That will haunt you forever Black. I'll make sure of it. :lol:

I asked Andrew about the Zeta films in the Beez thread. He said it was something they were looking into but had other priorites.

I've made that kind of mistake about four times tonight...man my typing skills are slipping . Speaking of that we never did find out what other gundam show he was looking at (i'm hoping it wasn't the obvious answer of 00, would of been nice if it was MS IGLOO)

We're running the risk of causing another Gundam derailment Black... I just tried to turn Messenger on and the bastard's locked up on me! Fate doesn't want me to talk about Gundam in real time! :cry:

ayase said:
We're running the risk of causing another Gundam derailment Black... I just tried to turn Messenger on and the bastard's locked up on me! Fate doesn't want me to talk about Gundam in real time! :cry:

:lol: the curse of Gundam

Confidential Confessions 4-6 arrived today, with none of the problems I had with Vol. 3.

So, since I planned on ordering NHK 7-8 if my CC volumes arrived fine, I went to do so just now...and it's gone out of stock. It's even out of stock on Amazon. This is a bit of a problem when the Book is only available from importers at present, with Vol. 7 not due out until April next year in the UK official. :/

I ordered Vol. 8 anyway, but it's going to be a pain to get Vol. 7 so I can read it. I wish I'd ordered straight away now...

I'm too unmotivated to commit to getting it anything. I've had loads of anime on DVD and my HDD for months, never touching most of it. It's really quite random when I watch anything.

I'll probably watch the Gundam DVDs because they shouldn't last too long. It'll be like watching a short OVA series if all 3 are adaptations of the original Gundam anime.

---------

I won a sealed copy of the Macross Plus box set today for £3, together with a bootleg copy of Macross II. I'm quite happy about getting Plus sealed because, as far as I know, it's OOP now.

Back