The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Bought a few manga today:

Berserk Volume 14
Fruits Basket Volume 7
D-Gray Man Volume 2

I tried to find the first volume of Maison Ikkoku, but no matter where i looked, the closest i could find was volume 5 =/ so shall take another look again when i next get the chance.

Arbalest said:
I tried to find the first volume of Maison Ikkoku, but no matter where i looked, the closest i could find was volume 5 =/ so shall take another look again when i next get the chance.
I've been having trouble with this as well. I don't imagine they'll be reprinting it any time soon, from what I gather there were hardly any of the last couple of boxes printed as it didn't sell well. Paying over the odds for second hand boxes doesn't benefit the creators either (someone's already bought them once) so I just have the fansubs. Don't feel all that great about it, but until the DVD's are reprinted I don't see what else I can do.

ayase said:
Arbalest said:
I've been having trouble with this as well. I don't imagine they'll be reprinting it any time soon, from what I gather there were hardly any of the last couple of boxes printed as it didn't sell well. Paying over the odds for second hand boxes doesn't benefit the creators either (someone's already bought them once) so I just have the fansubs. Don't feel all that great about it, but until the DVD's are reprinted I don't see what else I can do.

Ahh so the anime is also hard to find then? I think my best bet at the moment would be to stick to finding the manga then see about the anime.

Arbalest said:
ayase said:
Arbalest said:
Ahh so the anime is also hard to find then? I think my best bet at the moment would be to stick to finding the manga then see about the anime.
Yes, I realise now I got sidetracked and just talked about the anime, didn't I? Yep, they both seem pretty hard to get hold of, low sales and no reprints seem to be to blame for a lack of both.

Yeah, the manga appears to be out of print as well. United Publications can still supply the US books, of which only v.8 is currently OOP, but with postage they're not cheap.

Just ordered the Magical Witch Punie-Chan DVD.

Anime:
Naruto Guardians Of The Crescent Kingdom
Ramen Fighter Miki Complete Collection
My Santa
Tsubasa Volume 9

Manga:
Trinity Blood Vol 8
Chibi Vampire Vol 11
Alice On Deadlines Vol 4
The Tarot Cafe Vol 7

I ordered Millennium Actress and Read Or Die together with Welcome to the NHK: Vol. 4 in order to avoid P&P charges. Annoyingly, Vol. 4 had already increased 40p in price when I ordered, meaning I could've avoided P&P charges anyway.

After finding myself impressed by the volume long high school sexual harrasment story told in Vol. 2, I've just ordered Vol. 4-6 of Confidential Confessions from TBD. I'm a little worried since part of my last TBD order never arrived (it seems their records are inaccurate) and my copy of Vol. 3 (of Confidential Confessions) arrived a bit tatty/used looking...as did the replacement they sent. I'm sure it'll be fine though, TBD are always happy to replace or refund.

Aion said:
Millennium Actress
Great film (which means you won't like it). But I recommend watching the English dub because, unless Manga re-released the film subsequent to my purchase, the UK DVD is lumbered with a hard-of-hearing subtitle track and nothing else. It's rather annoying when subs pop up describing sounds that we can already hear.

Post man just delivered

Neo Tokyo & Spirit Warrior Collection, these two were hard to get hold of, at reasonable price anyway :lol:

fabricatedlunatic said:
Aion said:
Millennium Actress
Great film (which means you won't like it). But I recommend watching the English dub because, unless Manga re-released the film subsequent to my purchase, the UK DVD is lumbered with a hard-of-hearing subtitle track and nothing else. It's rather annoying when subs pop up describing sounds that we can already hear.

Since Perfect Blue, Tokyo Godfathers and Paprika didn't rock my world, I doubt I'll be giving it 9-10/10. I don't seem to like Kon's work very much. The only Kon effort that I got a lot out of was Paranoia Agent, and even then the experience was ruined by the weird goings on at the end. You saying you think it's great makes me even more doubtful. :p

I won this auction on eBay today: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0288693886

The seller confirmed over messages that it's the R1 LE release, it's sealed and comes with the art book (and outer box). Providing the seller sends it, I've got myself quite a bargain when I paid £10 for a used copy of the steelbook release of Vol. 1, with no extras included.

That is a bargain. The seller might have gotten more interest had he listed it under the correct category.

Today I received the eighth volume of Welcome to the NHK, completing the series. Hooray.

It works out better for me if sellers list in the wrong section, put the wrong region, don't mention it's new/sealed and don't point out that it comes wth the extras. I wouldn't have gotten Now and Then, Here and There sealed for a tenner if not for people listing incorrectly. :D

Did buy NHK 7 & 8 new? They're over £6.50 new atm..

Back