The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Searched around my town for copies of Akira vol.3 but alas non were found. One last place to check tomorow because I'm sure i've seen it somewhere. But i don't even own vol.1 or 2 yet ~ Just trying to get vol.3 from somewhere while i still can.

Ordered Yotsuba&! vol.3, Death Note vol.13(How to Read) and Death Note: Another Note.

Maltos said:
Searched around my town for copies of Akira vol.3 but alas non were found. One last place to check tomorow because I'm sure i've seen it somewhere. But i don't even own vol.1 or 2 yet ~ Just trying to get vol.3 from somewhere while i still can.

Yeah, it's pretty impossible to find Akira vol. 3 any where :/

It really does seem that Dark Horse have stopped printing Akira, and it doesn't seem like they're going to do another printing run.

I think it did pretty well, though, because it was on the fourth printing run on the volume I saw in Waterstones (volume 1 I'm talking about), which was pretty beaten up and I'm sure was quite old. It was either the fourth run or the eighth.

I'm pretty sure Dark Horse will release a second edition version of Akira at some point in the future. Akira is too much of a money maker for them to let go. Plus, they have a good reason for doing a second edition version because the firsts were left-to-right format, and as seen with a few other titles (Masamune Shirow manga titles) that Dark Horse are releasing as a second or third edition they are now released right-to-left.

I'd like to see GitS get done properly in right-left [like the new 1.5 volume]. I really hope they do release Akira again. I'd hate myself for missing out on this classic if they didn't.

melonpan said:
I'm pretty sure Dark Horse will release a second edition version of Akira at some point in the future. Akira is too much of a money maker for them to let go. Plus, they have a good reason for doing a second edition version because the firsts were left-to-right format, and as seen with a few other titles (Masamune Shirow manga titles) that Dark Horse are releasing as a second or third edition they are now released right-to-left.

a little remake coming out next year may well see the reprinting of the manga. look at how most major(no dc or marvel) comic book films come out nowadays. 30 days of night comes in a SE with the comic; hellboy was issued with the first volume of the GN in a limited edition version.

I envisage a Limited edition version of the akira dvd with either volume 1 of the manga or a hefty LE with volumes 1-3 and the same being done for the second movie.

hehe; yeah I thought hefty was befitting. I'd love new hardback versions to coincide with the live action movies.

Anyway; just ordered Tsubasa/XXXholic movie double feature.

Buddha is one I'm definately going to have to collect soon!! I stare angrily at volume 2 in every shop when they never have volume one.

Yesterday I bought: Bleach vols 7, 8, 9, 11, 12 and Death Note vol. 6 :D Sadly they didnt have any lower vol. of what I was looking for, but I am gonna order Basilisk online :) (it looked quiet good)

I also got Bleach for the DS, and oooooh boy its good. :D Yesterday was a Bleach day :D

Maltos said:
Buddha is one I'm definately going to have to collect soon!! I stare angrily at volume 2 in every shop when they never have volume one.

I hate it when that happens with manga -- And, oddly enough, vol. 2 is the one volume that's not available from the Book Depository :/ I'll have to hunt it down on Amazon or something when it's time to buy it!

melonpan said:
CitizenGeek said:
Just ordered vol. 1 (Kapilavastu) of Osamu Tezuka's Buddha ^__^

So you're going the paperback route then?

Yeah, I am :/ Tracking down all the hardcover volumes would be too much work and works out as being more expensive, too ... and even if I did get the first few volumes in hardcover, there's no guarantee that I'll be able to get the later vols. in hardcover, too; with the paperbacks, I don't have to worry about that! Are you still trying to hunt down the hardcover copies?

CitizenGeek said:
Maltos said:

I hate it when that happens with manga -- And, oddly enough, vol. 2 is the one volume that's not available from the Book Depository :/ I'll have to hunt it down on Amazon or something when it's time to buy it!

Which release? The Vertical paperpack edition was in stock at least when I looked just now: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/WEBSITE ... 1932234578

Well maybe they'll restock for you soon :) (If you never find it, you could buy my extra copy haha). I have all the out of stock books I want on my saved items list, so it's not too hard to keep checking if they're still out or not. Ofcourse some will probably never be restocked *misery* but the BD is still my favorite shoppe of all.

Got volumes 1-3 of The Land Of The Blindfolded for some cute shoujo to tide the way between muchos gory-ousness.

Paparika arrived but all the Excel Saga DVDs are "On special order from our supplier".

I wonder how long that'll take...

EDIT//After posting this i checked my emails and it appears that Excel Saga 1, 2, 5 and 6 are in the post :D 3 and 4, however, are still on special order :(

I got Battle Royale: 2 disc special edition in the post today! ^_^ I know it's not manga or anime, but I'm really, really happy I finally have this awesome movie! 8D

And Mushi-Shi vol. 3 has just shipped from Play.com ^__^

Back