The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

CitizenGeek said:
melonpan said:
CitizenGeek said:
Just ordered vol. 1 (Kapilavastu) of Osamu Tezuka's Buddha ^__^

So you're going the paperback route then?

Yeah, I am :/ Tracking down all the hardcover volumes would be too much work and works out as being more expensive, too ... and even if I did get the first few volumes in hardcover, there's no guarantee that I'll be able to get the later vols. in hardcover, too; with the paperbacks, I don't have to worry about that! Are you still trying to hunt down the hardcover copies?

I'm still trying to track down a collection of the hardbacks, to be honest.

The largest amount I could still find was on Amazon a few months back, where they had all but volume 5 still available in hardback, and of course if I can't find that there's no point in starting the collection, and that's been the motto from the start with Buddha. I've had absolutely no luck finding volume 5 though, and now volume 6 is gone from Amazon too, so the dream of having them all in hardback is fading.

I've looked on many websites as well, for finding out of print books and whatever, and had no luck there either. Likewise for the Amazon marketplace, which either sells them for massively inflated prices, or sells them for normal prices but has a remainder mark on, which really really sucks!

I'll be checking Ebay from time to time though to see if any luck comes my way.

^ Well, good luck with it, anyway, melonpan! I sure hope you do manage to find them all in hardback, but aren't you worried it'll work out as very expensive? I'll let you know if I come across them on eBay or wherever! Plus, once I've finished MW, I know I'll want to read more Tezuka, so I can't really wait for the hardcovers to come my way! :p

CitizenGeek said:
^ Well, good luck with it, anyway, melonpan! I sure hope you do manage to find them all in hardback, but aren't you worried it'll work out as very expensive? I'll let you know if I come across them on eBay or wherever! Plus, once I've finished MW, I know I'll want to read more Tezuka, so I can't really wait for the hardcovers to come my way! :p

I'm sure it'll be incredibly expensive, but it's worth it!

I'd actually like to know what makes Vertical choose whether or not to publish a title in hardback.

They did MW in hardback, but Ode to Kirihito and Apollo's Song in paperback. Odd.

got death note volume 2 dvd wondering if there is a online shop that sells black seethrough dvd cases like on death note dvd cases my case is violently broken and cant be bothered to send it back to america to get another one

Hmm...my Trunks/Bardock double feature DVD came today.

Doesn't work on the PS3 even though it's coded for region 2, and every other DBZ DVD/blu-ray does.

LAME.

melonpan said:
I'm sure it'll be incredibly expensive, but it's worth it!

Yeah, I think it definately will be worth it. MW is hardcover is pure joy ^__^

They did MW in hardback, but Ode to Kirihito and Apollo's Song in paperback. Odd.

It is quite odd, actually. MW didn't have the acclaim of Kirihito or Apollo's Song, but they didn't get hardcovers ...

Fighting Spirit collection 2
Paradise Kiss 3 (fourth time I've ordered it, hope it arrives this time around)
Gunbuster 2 (preordered)
Le Chevalier D'Eon 4, 5, 6

Should keep me busy a while...

R

Anime:
Death Note Vol 3 LE
Clamp Double Feature

Manga/Manhwa:
Wild Adaptor Vol 4
Chibi Vampire Vol 7
Archlord Vol 4
Chunchu The Genocide Fiend Vol 2

I bought One Piece Unlimited Adventure for the Wii. I know it's a game, but it's based on the Anime tv series/Manga comic.

One Piece Volume 11
Dragonball Volume 2
Spirited Away (What a film!!!)
Princess Mononoke (Looking foward to this one too - it was either between this or Grave of The Fireflies)

Back