The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I hope you enjoy Tenjho Tenge I did it is similar to Ikki Tousen story wise in as much as it is about an age old fighting competition but I think the story is handled better. However they do just sort of leave the story hanging at the end of the series. Does anybody know if more has been made in Japan or whether there are any plans to.

I absolutely love the BookDepository.co.uk online book store! The manga is cheap and always delivered on time!

Today, I ordered from them:
- D. Gray Man vol. 1 + 2
- Osamu Tezuka's Apollo's Song

Considering next year is the year that Tezuka would have turned 80, I'm going to make an effort to read lots of his work.

Dracos said:
I hope you enjoy Tenjho Tenge I did it is similar to Ikki Tousen story wise in as much as it is about an age old fighting competition but I think the story is handled better. However they do just sort of leave the story hanging at the end of the series. Does anybody know if more has been made in Japan or whether there are any plans to.

Yeah, there was an OVA made of two episodes, called "Ultimate Fight", which was according to Wikipedia - was licensed by Geneon, but was never released or set to be released. I have the collection of the TV series upstairs but I can't be bothered to check. If it ends on episode 24 then there's definately no OVA. There was also a DVD special called "The Past Chapter" that according to Wikipedia just puts all the flashbacks of the second half of the TV series into one movie style thing. So yeah.

The manga is also ongoing so who knows if they'll ever release another OVA/TV series.

I really hope that somehow CMX's offices burn down, so another publisher can license rescue the manga. What a shame that some comapnies feel the need to edit something to suit a lower age.

I was in town today and I bought Golgo13: The Professional on DVD for €15 (was intending on buying R.O.D, but it was sold out :[)

Also got volumes 4, 5 and 6 of the Evangelion manga in the post today! 8D And I got my Ichigo phone strap, at last!

I'm addicted to the BookDepository! I just ordered vol. 7 and 8 of the Eva manga, and vol. 3 and 4 of D. Gray-Man (even though I haven't received the first two volumes from them yet!).

Went to Liverpool early in the morning to buy **** & avoid crowds.

Bought Mushishi volume 2.

And literally HOURS after finishing the series I bought this.

carlspics002.jpg

£17.00 I was gonna buy a Dix Neuf figure, but then I saw that and just instantly bought it.

Neither anime nor manga, but still Japan-related: I just bought my first Gackt album from iTunes. I love "The Sixth Day ~ Singles Collection" so far! I think I might pick up Gackt's Gundam album, is it any good?

I'm buying less and less anime and more and more manga nowerdays...
I was in forbidden planet so i picked up a few books:

Hellsing vol.4
Bleach vol.10
Negima vol.10
Fullmetal Alchemist vol.4

Finally ordered the Castle of Cagliostro DVD for €10.99 from Play.com! Very much looking forward to watching this classic at last!

Lupus Inu said:
And literally HOURS after finishing the series I bought this.

Wow, that is one awesome figure! I wish there was a shop that sold stuff like that near where I live :[

Back