The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

melonpan said:
So yeah, keep us posted on how your hunt goes for the books if you do look into them. =)

Oh no, I'm not even going to try to hunt down Buddha! The releases of that series have been so screwed up! I have no idea where I'd start, so I'll just stick to Tezuka's other stuff first of all (can't wait for MW and Ode to Kirihito).

Buddha does have a legendary status, though, so I'd love to check it out sometime. Hopefully a proper release will come up again!

CitizenGeek said:
Buddha does have a legendary status, though, so I'd love to check it out sometime. Hopefully a proper release will come up again!

What do you think the chances of it being published a third time are? :?

EDIT: It's not actually a messed up release, the paperbacks can easily be found. I just want the hardbacks :/

EDIT 2: Actually it is messed up, apparently it's left to right format.

Lupus Inu said:
melonpan said:
It seems that all the hardback versions are out of print, and the paperbacks and hard to find now.

Srsly?

--Flees to local Forbidden Planet and buys them--

Unless Vertical releases things in the UK, I doubt you'd find them.

Then a thought popped into my head.. Forbidden Planet import =D

EDIT: Oh and something else I learned while looking through the Amazon marketplace for the two books that are out of stock/print now (5+6 - hardback version), that many of them that say they are selling new versions, actually have 'retailer marks', apparently that means they PUT A NASTY BIG BLACK MARK ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BOOK!

I mean, what the hell is the thinking behind that!? So what if they are sending them back to the distributors... they don't need to be marked like that!

Most stupid thing I've heard of in retailing....

melonpan said:
EDIT: It's not actually a messed up release, the paperbacks can easily be found. I just want the hardbacks :/

Ah, you are right. I just check the book depository and they seem to have all 7 volumes in sock ^_^ Collecting the whole thing would expensive, though :[

What do the hardbacks look like?

CitizenGeek said:
Ah, you are right. I just check the book depository and they seem to have all 7 volumes in sock ^_^ Collecting the whole thing would expensive, though :[

What do the hardbacks look like?

All the information/pictures, are on this page.

There are actually eight volumes :p

Woo! Got vol. 7 of the Evangelion manga today! :]

Voddas said:
Just bought She: The Ultimate Weapon Box Set on a complete impulse buy. Hope it's good. :s

Did you get it from Play.com? I did, and it was only €21! Haven't watched it yet, but the boxset is pretty! ^_^

CitizenGeek said:

Voddas said:
Just bought She: The Ultimate Weapon Box Set on a complete impulse buy. Hope it's good. :s

Did you get it from Play.com? I did, and it was only €21! Haven't watched it yet, but the boxset is pretty! ^_^
Actually I did get it from Play.com ^^ Haven't go it threw the post yet tho. Think they're still out of stock ¬_¬

Cheers for the heads up pneboy, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. =)

Voddas said:
CitizenGeek said:

Voddas said:

Actually I did get it from Play.com ^^ Haven't go it threw the post yet tho. Think they're still out of stock ¬_¬

Cheers for the heads up pneboy, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. =)

its £21 in HMV i know it might not be worth it for just £1 less but im just saying so you can get it quicker if you want

Just been pre-ordering a few more R1 DVD bits.

Negima! - Box Set

Noein - The Complete Series

CLAMP Movie Double Feature - Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE the Movie: The Princess of the Country of Birdcages/xxxHolic the Movie:

Mushishi - Vol. 6

Hell Girl - Vol. 4

Ninja Nonsense - The Complete Collection

Dracos said:
Chrimbo present replacement for my friend turned up in the post, Sanurai 7 box set from anime on line.

What form of package does this take?

There are so many different style packages out there, most of which aren't described in any form on the producers/retailers website, which is quite ridiculous really.

Actually, I'm thinking of compiling my own list of packaging styles!

melonpan said:
Dracos said:
Chrimbo present replacement for my friend turned up in the post, Sanurai 7 box set from anime on line.

There are so many different style packages out there, most of which aren't described in any form on the producers/retailers website, which is quite ridiculous really.

It is a 7 disc thinpack type box with MVM and Gonzo on the spine and product number MVD6022.

I may have to borrow it back at some point and see if there are any differences from the fullsized R1 set I have.

Dracos said:
melonpan said:
Dracos said:

It is a 7 disc thinpack type box with MVM and Gonzo on the spine and product number MVD6022.

I may have to borrow it back at some point and see if there are any differences from the fullsized R1 set I have.

Thanks! =)

I didn't know the R1 set was a full sized one either. That's unusual for Funimation, they normally do digipacks.

Not sure if I bought the R1 box set soon after it finished being released as single discs, sometimes do this if I think about getting something and it is near the end of its run. Though I think sometimes they do just stick the discs into the box if they have loads left, then release thinpacks and things a little later.

The funny thing is that because most of my collection is R1, I had not noticed the 15 certificate on the R2 now it really stands out to me.

Back