Studio Ghibli to form part of Film4's Christmas line-up

Ian Wolf said:
The first details about the films being shown are now coming out:

* Ponyo - 18.55 on 10th December.
* Princess Mononoke - 16.40 on 11th December.
* Tales from Earthsea - 16.25 on 12th December.
* The Castle of Cagliostro - 16.55 on 13th December.
* Little Norse Prince - 17.20 on 14th December.
* Laputa: Castle in the Sky - 16.05 on 15th December.
* Only Yesterday - 17.00 on 16th December.

Tales of Earthsea: Ugh. UGH!

Must remember to checkout Ponyo, LNP and Laputa though.

Ian Wolf said:
The first details about the films being shown are now coming out:

All around awesome times for me which ain't really going to clash with anything else, now hopefully I don't forget nearer the time to set the recorder

Well at least they are on in the afternoon. If it was morning showing I would be at work on the weekdays. As it is I will miss part of all but Ponyo and Princess Mononoke (it's not like I haven't seen them before though).

Ian Wolf said:
If you're worried there is always Film4 + 1 which shows the same films an hour later (not availalbe on Freeview).

Can't see me being able to watch any of them on the main TV (parents not into anime) so I'll have to make do with watching them on my TV - freeview only.

As I said before though, I have seen most of the Ghibli films already so it's no big deal missing the start.

mangaman74 said:
Wasn't Ocean Waves supposed to be on as well?

According to the press release from Channel 4 yes. However, I can't find TV listings that far ahead at the moment (I'm using DigiGuide).

I watched Ponyo the other day with my friend. I was in awe to hear Jame's from fallout 3 was playing the wizard Fuijimoto, and had to wonder if he was going to mention about "The Purifier" or "Megaton".

I'm interested in it's new film Arrietty, but am lost at the fact why they are planing to have a UK dub and USA dub, and how I go about getting one if I don't like the other? might they do both on 1 disc?

guess it's a wait and see measure

Otaku-san said:
I'm interested in it's new film Arrietty, but am lost at the fact why they are planing to have a UK dub and USA dub, and how I go about getting one if I don't like the other? might they do both on 1 disc?

guess it's a wait and see measure

I'm not bothered, but that's mainly because I always watch in subtitles anyway.

Anyway, you can get a bit of a taster of what Arrietty is like over Christmas as the BBC is broadcasting an adaptation of The Borrowers, which Arrietty is based on.

The full schedule has been revealed.

* The Cat Returns - 16.50 on 17th December.
* Kiki's Delivery Service - 16.30 on 18th December.
* Laputa: Castle in the Sky - 16.20 on 19th December.
* Pom Poko - 16.15 on 20th December.
* Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind - 16.00 on 21st December.
* Porco Rosso - 16.55 on 22nd December.
* Ocean Waves - 17.30 on 23rd December.
* My Neighbour Totoro - 17.15 on 24th December (Christmas Eve).
* Ponyo - 17.10 on 25th December (Christmas Day).

The main one for me is Ocean Waves - I've seen all the rest (and own most of them on dvd or blu-ray). If I have nothing else to do I might try to catch some of the others though.

I'll need to keep checking this thread so I can remind myself until my planner gets within range of the 10th+ of December.

Need to watch
Only Yesterday
* The Cat Returns
* Pom Poko
* Ocean Waves
* My Neighbour Totoro (yes yes I know, shocking)

Damnit! Why am I working so much this Christmas. I'd quite like to watch a few of those. Unfortunately the Sky HD planner doesnt go far enough ahead (as far as I can tell) so I'll need to bookmark them early December to make sure I catch them.

Back