Studio Ghibli to form part of Film4's Christmas line-up

Ian Wolf

Harem King
AUKN Staff
Ponyo and Ocean Waves are to make their UK TV premiers as part of the Christmas line-up on Film4.

The films are forming part of the line up which also includes films made prior to the formation of the studio. These include Little Norse Prince and the Lupin the Third film The Castle of Cagliostro.

Source: Channel 4 Press Office

Nice, the free view recorder that came free with my new PS3 shall finally be put to good use!

I'm gonna have to keep an eye on these forums for the times because knowing me I will forget.

ilmaestro said:
Yup, as a bare minimum something like Tokyo Godfathers would be an especially good choice for the Christmas schedule.

Totally watching that come xmas. It's quite unusual too in that it's a Christmas movie that's not really about Christmas.

Obviously there are movies SET at Xmas which aren't about xmas, Die Hard and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang to name but two, but I wouldn't call them Christmas movies, like I would with TG, sincethey tend not to have any Christmas themes, while TG does; hope, miracles, babies (kinda), family.

The first details about the films being shown are now coming out:

* Ponyo - 18.55 on 10th December.
* Princess Mononoke - 16.40 on 11th December.
* Tales from Earthsea - 16.25 on 12th December.
* The Castle of Cagliostro - 16.55 on 13th December.
* Little Norse Prince - 17.20 on 14th December.
* Laputa: Castle in the Sky - 16.05 on 15th December.
* Only Yesterday - 17.00 on 16th December.

Back