Revenge of the Simulwatch!

I wouldn't mind doing another simulwatch, not sure I have any good ideas for what to watch though.

I picked up the Bubblegum Crisis set recently since they added the option to get it without having to worry about customs. I'm not sure it's a good option since it's got fewer episodes than most series and they're (mostly) longer than standard episodes but I haven't seen it before and it might be interesting to watch along with both people that have seen it and those that haven't (assuming anyone else blind bought it and hasn't watched it yet). I don't think it's legally streaming anywhere though so that's probably going to be the biggest issue.

I'd be tempted to suggest Shirobako, although it hasn't been so long since it was first on (well, I guess it started a year ago now). I think it could be a good one for a simulwatch (and it's available on Crunchyroll) but maybe it's a bit too soon.

Natsume's Book of Friends/Natsume Yujin Cho could be interesting, although it's longer than Nadia if you watch all four seasons. I suppose it's the kind of show that maybe doesn't have such a wide appeal though, you really have to be up for some slow paced and thoughtful stuff. In a similar vein Mushi-shi could be fun but I don't think the first season is available streaming at the moment.

Space Dandy is only on Netflix just now right? I think it could be an interesting option since each episode is fairly different.

I suppose if we're talking about more episodic shows then Cowboy Bebop might be an obvious one. Maybe too obvious (and again, I don't think it's streaming).

I'll have to give it some thought, watching something I haven't seen would probably be more interesting but then that also makes it harder to tell which ones could be good options.

As much as I was insanely disappointed by it, I think people could have some interesting discussions about Psycho-Pass. Same with Gatchaman Crowds, even though I hate that show, those that love it go on about how political and amazing it is...

I'd be up for watching Evangelion but with it being OOP and not being available for streaming i doubt many people would be able to.

Psycho Pass would be a good one, been meaning to watch it for awhile.

One that we could do in a few months would the original Gundam as AL are releasing it on blu-ray soon.

I'd also like to throw K-On out there however I doubt many would be up for that. With a complete collection of Monster coming out soon in Australia I think that could also be a good one. I know it's a show I've wanted to watch for absolutely ages.

I wouldn't say no to bubblegum crisis or monster (although at 75 eps, the latter might be a bit of an undertaking), but I think it might be easier for people to join in if we can stick to something readily streamable.

I'm actually intending to review Madoka Magica over on Youtube at some point. I could definitely go for a re-watch. It'd help me to organise my thoughts on the show.

animefreak17 said:
Can I help can I help please.... by giving my views.
Thing is I'm watching the movies

Gah! I don't have those as yet.

I'm probably not going to bother with the first two - but I'll be all over Rebellion come the next paycheck!

Back