Revenge of the Simulwatch!

I did pick up A Certain Magical Index and haven't watched it yet, I don't know how many other people would be in that situation though and it doesn't seem to be streaming. I'd definately be up for watching Usagi Drop even though I've already seen (maybe because I've already seen it) but it doesn't seem to be streaming either. Kokoro Connect is available streaming but I don't think the OVAs are included, I'd be up for that one too though (and I do have the OVAs).

I'd also be up for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, I still haven't got around to watching it. I thought there was some issue with the episodes on Netflix, maybe some of them being missing but I might have imagined it (or it might have been a while ago). I guess the fact that it's Netflix might make it less accessible for some people though. I'd also be okay with the original version, though I may have lost one of the discs from the old DVD release. The Funimation Blu-ray release is region A only isn't it?

Regarding the Ghibli films, I guess we could plan to watch them a little while after When Marnie Was There is released over here. That'd give people time to try and pick some up then join in with whichever films they have. Asking for a few of them for that end of year gifting event that's approaching might be worthwhile (plus, I think they're more likely to be cheaper and in Amazon's sales over the next few months). I suppose it's possible that Film 4 will show a bunch of them again (maybe likely closer to the new release) so people could maybe record them then (do people still record things?).

I think we're going to struggle to find a show everyone's happy with. The MyAnimeList Top 50 could not be less inspiring if it was actively trying, so how's about we all do a stupid simulwatch of the entire Fate/ series, Minus that pervy one with the 12 year old girls...

(As an aside, is One-Punch Man really the 44th greatest anime of all-time?)

Personally, I just watched Fate/Zero not so long back and I don't want to watch UBW until the dub comes out so that would be off for me. Also, pervy one? I have no idea which one that is. Do you mean Illya? I haven't seen it but I don't think it's an ecchi show...

I think our best bet would be to gather a few sensible options then putting them in a strawpoll to see which is the most popular then going with that.

Fate was not a serious suggestion.

By all reports Prisma Ilya is about 50/50 split between interesting magical girl and creepy 12 year old make-out sessions.

Back