Revenge of the Simulwatch!

We touched on this a little bit in the chat the other week, but I never got around to posting it, so here it is:

Simulwatch. Nadia: Secret of Blue Water. Any takers?

It's a longer show than most of the ones we've done before, but I know a fair number of people have picked up the recent box set and it's also available on a legal stream, so I feel it's worth a shot.

I like the idea of a simulwatch, I'm not sure about the choice of show though. I did like Nadia when I watched it recently but I did watch it fairly recently so it's not high on my re-watch list. Also, while I did like it I wouldn't say I loved it and I think the episodes vary a bit (though maybe that's a good thing for this kind of idea so you get more mixed feedback).

Still, if you go ahead then I'll probably try to join in. I should be able to keep up most days, though might occasionally be delayed to post any thoughts.

I may jump in although I did watch recently... Being unfamiliar with such things what is the expected rate to progress through it? 1 episode a week? 1 a day? 2 a day? 5 a day?

At 39 episodes it'll take a while to watch the whole thing, especially if it's less than one episode a day. More than one episode a day would probably be tough for most people to commit to (I'm fairly sure I'd struggle, I do want to watch other things too).

I guess a simulwatch marathon could be fun for a weekend or something.

By the way, where is Nadia streaming?

Don't know if it might be overcomplicating things by proposing a two-tier system for viewing, whereby we aim to do one a day and post a little bit about each ep as we go, but do a bigger post after every five episodes. That way, hopefully anyone who can't make a daily post or just wants to watch in chunks could also follow along by just posting once every five days?

With Nadia there is also that chunk of infamously awful filler in the latter half which I think is probably skimmable, if not skippable outright, but we can deal with that when/if we get there.

Also streamy: http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Na ... ater/Watch

The island episodes are legit skippable, but eh it's been a while. I think the two-tier idea is not bad actually, there will definitely be times where I would rather watch five eps in a row and post about them than do it daily.

Well I am currently watching devil lady ... but o should be finished with kill la kill by monday.... also I just got the movie to nadia so I'm all set

I should be fine to start next week.

I have to admit, I don't remember much about the island episodes. Maybe that's for the best.

Should we be specifically watching the sub or the dub or does it not matter? I'd probably watch the sub (erm... no pun intended) but would give the dub a go if that's the general preference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome :)

I'm not certain if both the dub and subbed versions are streaming (might just be the subbed one), but I'm sure everyone's free to pick whichever they prefer.

Back