Relationships and Romance

@RadFemHedonist That's a very impressive number of episodes!

I wish I could get myself to be more focused on watching anime. Sometimes I get into a nice rhythm of watching three episodes a night, then I just end up not watching any at all for months and months and all the new shows are building up on Crunchyroll and all those DVDs and BDs I've amassed over the years are still taking up space and AHHHHH! 😅

Still going strong with all the goals stuff - it's the 4th day of Week 8 of the year and I've already done everything for Week 9 and some of the stuff for Week 10! I also managed to grow as a person in that when I kinda started an argument with an ex that my history is very complicated with that I'd thought maybe I didn't really wanna be friends with anymore but I knew that maybe that was mostly/all due to stuff in my own head rather than anything to do with what they actually were or weren't doing or saying, I thought a lot about what to say before replying after they understandably got upset, and then actually discussed things with them instead of like, giving up, telling them to leave me alone and blocking them, and I think now that they and I understand each other a lot better and I understand more about myself as well and they and I are actually talking and our conversations are more enjoyable and organic - it's not like I constantly do this to people and nor am I saying it's always a good idea to be friends with exes, but I know for sure that I'm really glad I actually worked through things with this person and now our friendship is better - I have no desire to be with them romantically I just really value friendship a lot and I'm glad they and I are still friends partly cuz I made the choice to talk things out instead of running away - I'm proud of myself! :) I generally feel a lot more at peace and am enjoying my friendships and hobby goals, though I'm also stressed cuz one of my disability benefits is being reassessed and my mum's about to visit and I love her but she can be really insensitive and tactless sometimes with the things she says :(

@RadFemHedonist That's a very impressive number of episodes!

I wish I could get myself to be more focused on watching anime. Sometimes I get into a nice rhythm of watching three episodes a night, then I just end up not watching any at all for months and months and all the new shows are building up on Crunchyroll and all those DVDs and BDs I've amassed over the years are still taking up space and AHHHHH! 😅

Hashtag superrelatableanimefanthings XP

I am starting with stuff that has a good dub, then when I run out of that I'll switch to subbed but two episodes a day instead of four, I'm also focusing almost exclusively on my physical disc backlog as I don't really do streaming for the most part :)

good effort putting time to talking to your ex

I will not lie... I could not think of anything worse!!! I would not enjoy ever seeing any single one of my ex in the street!!!

at least if it did happen they can see i am dressing better than they are jejejejeje

I'm not ace and unsure if the person who made this is or isn't but regardless I hope I find love this deep one day romantically (there's a video in the spoiler tag that's what I'm referring to). I do have a friend who is really sweet to me like this (we have had sex but he's never made me feel like an object) and I'm really glad to have him - we're not a couple but we're very special to each other and consider each other to be like family :) I hope everyone here is doing ok :) <3

Last edited:
I'm really trying to reconnect with my inner child atm for healing from the traumas of life... I hope everyone here is having a lovely day, it's raining heavily where I am atm. I'm not a hardcore devotee but some of the ideas of the romanticise your life and slow living movements resonate with me a great deal as well :)

I'm making plans to meet a man who's in an open (as in he and his wife are non-monogamous by mutual agreement) marriage and I'm actually really excited cuz I'm def non-monogamous myself and this guy is just so cute and sweet and lovely and sexy OMG, he chats to me loads online and I'm just super psyched to meet him! Also I think I wanna try dating women again as well but not sure how to go about it, all I know is they're gorgeous and I want them in my life in that way. I'm a lil obsessed w Kylie Minogue atm tbh she's just amazing, but I do actually find women I know around me attractive too so it's not just like a celeb crush thing :)

@RadFemHedonist Sorry to go slightly off-topic, but that reminded me that I had a Kylie Minogue advent calendar once! 😅

(Poor quality/possibly NSFW image of a "foiled for freshness chocolate countdown calendar "under the spoiler)

KYLIE_MINOGUE_KYLIE-227434b.jpg

Congrats on your plans and I hope you get to meet Kylie too!

@RadFemHedonist Sorry to go slightly off-topic, but that reminded me that I had a Kylie Minogue advent calendar once! 😅

(Poor quality/possibly NSFW image of a "foiled for freshness chocolate countdown calendar "under the spoiler)

KYLIE_MINOGUE_KYLIE-227434b.jpg

Congrats on your plans and I hope you get to meet Kylie too!

I'm weird I was never really that into her when I/she was younger but now I'm like "dayum" about her at 55 shrug 😅

Cool calendar though!! :)

Honestly, I didn't like her at the time either - I've got absolutely no idea why I had that advent calendar (probably because there wasn't an Avril Lavigne one), but still... 😅

I mean I loved some of her music but I didn't have a crush on her and now I'm like "OMG she's so pretty such mature beauty etc etc." she was always beautiful objectively but my tastes are what they are also I always found the way everyone talked about her butt kind of crass tbh I loved when some male comedian said "I don't really understand, she has one obviously if she didn't she'd fall in the toilet" like they weren't being mean about her body just calling out the extent to which she was being objectified in the media I think :)

Avril Lavigne bless her what's she up to these days? :)

Here's a fun pop punk song I really like :)

I got engaged last night! Yeah I'm really engaged man. I mean, I know this is were the journey really begins, but that's what's so exciting. It was so nice how it happened, because neither me nor her actually made any proposal! Seriously, it just somehow...happened. It was like "hey, whoa, we're engaged now! Whaaaaaaat!". We have been together in a relationship for a year and a half though, and I've known for ages that she's the one I want to grow old with, the one I want to still make smile or sigh sweetly when she's 70 years old with my still stupid nonsensical jokes and inane whimsy. She's just the best. Every time I see her I just become the goofiest silliest truest version of myself, she makes me so happy I some times cry for no reason when I'm with her. She says when we live together I can wear her t shirts, which I'm looking forward to because she's got some cool t shirts I've been eyeing up. She looks better than me in my old favourite shirt but it's now her favourite shirt. Oh, and perhaps most importantly of all hehe, she loves Trigun too! She drew my avatar!

Congrats @Vashdaman I’m pretty bad at being sincere about such things due to my horrendous cynicism which has only plummeted since the first page of this thread 12 years ago, but if there’s anyone who deserves some happiness in this sphere after all the heartache of the past, you do. And I do mean that sincerely.

Edit: I may also get a slight kick out of people seeing I made the most recent post in this thread only to unexpectedly find something pleasant.

Last edited:
I got engaged last night! Yeah I'm really engaged man. I mean, I know this is were the journey really begins, but that's what's so exciting. It was so nice how it happened, because neither me nor her actually made any proposal! Seriously, it just somehow...happened. It was like "hey, whoa, we're engaged now! Whaaaaaaat!". We have been together in a relationship for a year and a half though, and I've known for ages that she's the one I want to grow old with, the one I want to still make smile or sigh sweetly when she's 70 years old with my still stupid nonsensical jokes and inane whimsy. She's just the best. Every time I see her I just become the goofiest silliest truest version of myself, she makes me so happy I some times cry for no reason when I'm with her. She says when we live together I can wear her t shirts, which I'm looking forward to because she's got some cool t shirts I've been eyeing up. She looks better than me in my old favourite shirt but it's now her favourite shirt. Oh, and perhaps most importantly of all hehe, she loves Trigun too! She drew my avatar!

So happy for you! I wish you both all the best!! 🥰

Back