Relationships and Romance

Speaking as a 35 year old, it's honestly not as bad as you think, I'm actually having way more and better encounters than I did in my 20s! :)

But I totally get what you mean about how much effort you typically have to put into finding a romantic relationship, it can be very frustrating, and while I'm really glad that dating apps exist (I met most of my best friends on them), I think one of the unfortunate aspects of them is that it becomes a reason you're "not allowed" to just give up on dating and do other things, which is sad IMO, we've kind of forgotten how many different routes there are to happiness perhaps? :)

That's kind of what I've been hoping for - my 30s should be more fun as I have a stable job and more disposable income than I did in my early to mid 20s. Your 30s are the new 20s!

I've been on Hinge in the past and that seems like one of the better dating apps in terms of the kinds of people on there and what they're looking for, so perhaps I'll try that again at some stage. I've also joined a book club recently, not to try and meet anyone romantically, but to just try and expand my social circle beyond my 4 immediate friends 😅

I think it's important not to rely solely on someone else for your happiness, I think I've made that mistake in the past. I'm definitely content and happy in where and who I am at the moment, which I think should be a positive thing for anyone that happens to come my way in the future. There's multiple routes to happiness and they all don't involve a romantic relationship - in fact, I think you have to go on some of those paths just to mature and develop yourself before you can think about letting someone else into your life in that way.

Onwards and upwards!

I think it's important not to rely solely on someone else for your happiness, I think I've made that mistake in the past. I'm definitely content and happy in where and who I am at the moment, which I think should be a positive thing for anyone that happens to come my way in the future. There's multiple routes to happiness and they all don't involve a romantic relationship - in fact, I think you have to go on some of those paths just to mature and develop yourself before you can think about letting someone else into your life in that way.
Hiya, dude. I don't believe we've crossed paths in the time you've been here on AUKN.

For what it's worth coming from a random stranger on the internet, you sound like you have a very wise head on your shoulders, and a really practical outlook. I reckon those are real strengths for you.

Your posts above were really interesting to read, so I wanted to reply here, as someone who's posted in this thread in the past during some lean times. I feel like I get where you're coming from, and I think it's great that you're making little moves to broaden your horizons and open up some more opportunities for yourself. I reckon that's all you really need to do right now.

Onwards and upwards for you indeed, I hope. 🤞

Hiya, dude. I don't believe we've crossed paths in the time you've been here on AUKN.

For what it's worth coming from a random stranger on the internet, you sound like you have a very wise head on your shoulders, and a really practical outlook. I reckon those are real strengths for you.

Your posts above were really interesting to read, so I wanted to reply here, as someone who's posted in this thread in the past during some lean times. I feel like I get where you're coming from, and I think it's great that you're making little moves to broaden your horizons and open up some more opportunities for yourself. I reckon that's all you really need to do right now.

Onwards and upwards for you indeed, I hope. 🤞

Hey! Thank you for the kind words.

I only started getting active on this forum late last year after I took more of an interest in physical media, so that's probably why!

For sure, I don't want to force or rush anything, one step at a time. It's just that milestone birthdays like your 30th, always make you take stock and look back on your life so far.

I actually have fallen for my lovely girl friend now and it's mutual! I think I just needed more time to get there but I'm really happy now, was revisiting a song I listened to a while ago when I had an unrequited crush on someone else, and I'm so glad I'm not in that place anymore :)

Back