Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Steins;Gate 8/10
While watching the first few episodes I really didn't think I'd like this. I'm glad I watched the rest because the second half was great. Still, my dislike of the first half means I can't give this any more than an 8.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun: Funniest anime of the season for me. All the characters in this series are very unique and just brilliant for comedy. The episodic feel to the series also suits it well, hoping for a second season now... 9/10

Accel World

Once I got past the character design of Haru (being half the height of everyone else and looking completely out of place) I found I liked the show a lot. The overall storyline was enjoyable and most of the characters were designed well and likeable and the show was just fun to watch for the most part. The first half of the show was fantastic but the last arc, which took up the last twelve episodes did drag on a bit but the resolution was worth the wait.

Intrigued as to where the story could go, I see the Light novels are being translated, highly tempted to start picking them up.

7.5/10

Kuroko's Basketball Season 2 10/10
Even better than the first season, can't wait for season 3 now. Also made it into my top 3 Anime
Wish we could see more Aiomine though, Kagami vs Aiomine in the zone best episode of the series!

Last edited by a moderator:
One Piece: Strong world
8/10
Fun stuff :)

Not much in particular to say about the movie. It's your average shonen film. New bad guy comes along, main characters fight so on and so on. The animation was very good, some of the best I've seen in One Piece actually. The fights were also fantastic! Loads of explosions, loads of signature attacks and plenty of fists flying! The story was a lil weak but that's to be expected from a shonen movie.

My only problem with the movie was the villain. I couldn't for the life of me understand a WORD he was saying due to his accent! Plus his motive wasn't explained properly IMO. He wants to destroy East Blue. Why?

Overall, One Piece Strong world is the best One Piece movie you can buy atm, I definitely recommend this over the movie collections. Plenty of great action scenes and some wonderful animation and set pieces!

sanji no 1 said:
One Piece: Strong world
8/10
Fun stuff :)

Not much in particular to say about the movie. It's your average shonen film. New bad guy comes along, main characters fight so on and so on. The animation was very good, some of the best I've seen in One Piece actually. The fights were also fantastic! Loads of explosions, loads of signature attacks and plenty of fists flying! The story was a lil weak but that's to be expected from a shonen movie.

My only problem with the movie was the villain. I couldn't for the life of me understand a WORD he was saying due to his accent! Plus his motive wasn't explained properly IMO. He wants to destroy East Blue. Why?

Overall, One Piece Strong world is the best One Piece movie you can buy atm, I definitely recommend this over the movie collections. Plenty of great action scenes and some wonderful animation and set pieces!
I believe there was an anime only arc setting up purely for the movie so maybe it was explained in that. And I agree with you on his voice he sounds like a Jamaican. I couldn't understand a word so I had to change it too the Japanese dub.

tsubasa

this series is a light hearted anime that has a sorta kingdom hearts feel to it they go to different words so the main charecters can find a girls lost memories In the shape of feathers after the series was over the ovas got a bit dark and more intense then the light hearted tey went for but they was good...just wish they finished it off tho and the cliffhanger really pisses you off and the last over was a total rush job.

moneko was the cutest thing I hae ever seen and I want one .....I just love him.

also it was cool seeing some faces from different serie like card captor and holic which I find funny.

liked it butt wished they finished it

8/10

animefreak17 said:
tsubasa

this series is a light hearted anime that has a sorta kingdom hearts feel to it they go to different words so the main charecters can find a girls lost memories In the shape of feathers after the series was over the ovas got a bit dark and more intense then the light hearted tey went for but they was good...just wish they finished it off tho and the cliffhanger really pisses you off and the last over was a total rush job.

moneko was the cutest thing I hae ever seen and I want one .....I just love him.

also it was cool seeing some faces from different serie like card captor and holic which I find funny.

liked it butt wished they finished it

8/10

Mokona <3

I might be talking outta my butt, but I think it was meant to continue to there was some issues with the studio or something.

There are a few OVA"s about but they're much further into the Manga. I think the film (you can buy it in a double pack with the xxxHolic film) is stand alone but it's been many years since I watched it.

From what I heard CLAMP pulled the plug on it. To be fair, the studio did so much wrong I'm glad they were stopped! Bee Train >.< This series is a precious one to me and I'm glad it didn't get butchered further. The OVA's got the treatment the whole series deserved. Basically Production IG took over for the OVA's, that says it all I think.

However, that all being said, the music and voice acting (sub) get no complaints from me. I do wish there was a chance at a full remake but pretty positive that will never happen.

Tsubasa is the kind of show that'd benefit a great deal from a remake. Personally, I've always preferred xxxHolic as it felt more intellectual, and Yuko is such a brilliant character, but the opening episode of Tsubasa is a lot of fun - it's kind of the lynchpin that the rest of the CLAMP universe hangs on.

The dream of a production studio taking on both Tsubasa and xxxHolic :cry: I see a lot of criticism around for both, but if they were animated to their full potential I imagine a lot of people would come round.

I appreciate a lot of people don't like the complicated nature of the two, but honestly, it's not that bad. It's just hard to follow without the manga. I did dedicate myself to Tsubasa with it being my obsession for 2 years so I cooooould be bias :L

Chobits 9/10
This was a really sweet series. I enjoyed the whole series and this is definitely one of my new favourites. (Though I could be kinda biassed since I'm a huge fan of Clamps work)

Berserk. 10/10.

I am SO happy I bought it when it was the DOTW and finally got around to it. The animation didn't bother me at all and I LOVE it. Almost everything about it was perfect. The one con was clearly the duration. That was not enough episodes and I really wanted to see more. It's the only ever anime ending that really bothered me and p*ssed me off. I now get how my bf feels as he's annoyed with a fair few anime endings whereas all others left me content but this, not impressed at all. There's so much material on the Manga! I have a feeling the 3 films aren't going to give me anymore of a new fix either although I can see me ordering (and pre ordering) this momentarily. I've heard they're planning on making more films but the idea of the wait for these makes me feel ill!

Going to snoop around Manchester library and see if the have the Mange as I NEED more! I just cba buying all the Manga as it's a total waste of money for something I'll read once that has so many volumes!

Dannielle

iv seen all of it...the movies the ovas and the whole series.........I thought the series was very light hearted but when the ovas came around s*** went down and was like it grew up abit

Lutga

I liked holic and I too like yoko..I thought she was awesome I like her character shes so mysterious but at the same time has a sort of attitude on her .......the way they was draw didn't bother me ......I saw it as unique....I also found it funny too

PandoraHane I found tsubasa enjoyable to watch and the ovas got me in to it even more but its a shame they didn't do t like the ovas, more intense and a bit grown up.........sakura was a freaking champ in the 3 part ova ...I mean she took a beating and wasn't just a pretty smile or needed to be rescued ....poor thing
holic was great to watch but I wish they released the rest of the series tho

Yup, Sakura was pretty much epic from the Infinity arc onwards in the manga! Gosh, I loved the Infinity arc and always found it strange how it and Fai's past were skipped for the OVA in Japan. The OVA's were stunning. I re-watch them all the time on Funimation's YouTube channel.

Read the manga AF, seriously! I bet you'd love it.

Cute note, when I chose my name for here the 'Hane' was in reference to Tsubasa, I'm sad :L

PandoraHane said:
Yup, Sakura was pretty much epic from the Infinity arc onwards in the manga! Gosh, I loved the Infinity arc and always found it strange how it and Fai's past were skipped for the OVA in Japan. The OVA's were stunning. I re-watch them all the time on Funimation's YouTube channel.

Read the manga AF, seriously! I bet you'd love it.

Cute note, when I chose my name for here the 'Hane' was in reference to Tsubasa, I'm sad :L

not really ...if you love something that you named something after it then its all cool.

il have to look it up and put it on my planner. and tthat got me too....I was completely clueless when they showed us a bit of fais past and skipped it...........they should of shortened the less important arcs and made the better arcs.

I mean sakura is a f****** champ

I hate and despise the Tsubasa anime with a passion. They sucked all the life out of the manga and made Sakura into a useless wimp. I'd love an FMAB style remake done by a different studio.

st_owly said:
I hate and despise the Tsubasa anime with a passion. They sucked all the life out of the manga and made Sakura into a useless wimp. I'd love an FMAB style remake done by a different studio.

Agreed. If everything had been done to the quality of the OVA's we could have had one of the best anime going (in my opinion).

I have a fondness for the first season as it's what got me into anime but the second season >.< ahhhhh!!

I just imagine Production IG continuing (or ufotable!!) it would be the best thing ever!

Then someone needs to grab Pandora Hearts for me and give it the same treatment. All my favourite series get the shoddy treatment :cry:

Back