Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Kids on the Slope 8/10
This was a rather sweet show. I really enjoyed the music (Which is a good thing since the musics a large part of the series). The amount of drama in this means I can't rate this any higher tough and it annoyed me that they didn't dub the singing for the english dub.

Dragonball GT season 1
7/10
While I will admit that this isn't a patch on Dragonball and Dragonball Z, i still found this series to be pretty fun.

First off I'll talk about what I did like: The animation here was, for the most part, pretty good! the animation was at it's best probably during the fight scenes. I also really liked the music! The Opening is without a doubt an absolute classic and is probably one of my favourites. The fight scenes were pretty decent aswell and surprisingly there were loads of them! Although they aren't nearly as memorable as the fights from Z, they still fun to watch. The best fights for me were Goku Vs Ledic, Goku vs General Rildo, Vegeta vs Goten and Gohan and Majuub vs Baby. The first season boxset contains the black star saga and baby saga (the first half anyway), and they are surprisingly good sagas! None of the arcs felt like they dragged on and the pacing is well done!

Now for the things I didn't like:

While the fights were good, they felt VERY simplistic in comparison to DB and DBZ. The fights in the previous two animes involved martial arts and energy blasts and was mixed fairly well. GT on the other hand mainly just consists of energy based attacks and not much hand to hand fighting. Another thing I didn't like was that, this didn't feel like it was Dragonball related. I know that sounds kinda weird, butit just never really felt like it was Dragonball to me. I don't really know how to explain it. Maybe it was because of all the REALLY weird looking new characters who looked out of place. I dunno.

Overall, Dragonball GT is flawed, but if you go in open minded and with low expectations you might just enjoy it.

Unico

It's ...Well very cute......if seen two movies and I'm thinking there was supposed to be more because at the end of the movie the wind takes unico away.....

It's innocent enough ....I think the first movie is my favourite tho.

7/10

Akira
5/10
Pretty overrated IMO

Even though I didn't like the movie all that much, I can see why people like it. The animation is INCREDIBLY well done and fluent. The backgrounds were very well draw. Many of them look like they could be computer wallpapers. Also some of the action scenes were good.

As for everything else, I didn't really care very much. The story was too complicated and the characters weren't really all that likeable. Also this is just me, but this movie dragged on way too long, but that might have been because I wasn't enjoying IT all that much. I hope no one takes this to heart. I'm not saying it's a bad movie, it's just I didn't in particularly like it all that much.

Overall, Akira is a beautifully animated movie, but animation alone can't save it.

sanji no 1 said:
Akira
5/10
Pretty overrated IMO

Even though I didn't like the movie all that much, I can see why people like it. The animation is INCREDIBLY well done and fluent. The backgrounds were very well draw. Many of them look like they could be computer wallpapers. Also some of the action scenes were good.

As for everything else, I didn't really care very much. The story was too complicated and the characters weren't really all that likeable. Also this is just me, but this movie dragged on way too long, but that might have been because I wasn't enjoying IT all that much. I hope no one takes this to heart. I'm not saying it's a bad movie, it's just I didn't in particularly like it all that much.

Overall, Akira is a beautifully animated movie, but animation alone can't save it.

Glad someone else is saying it as well. Now I just need someone to say GITS is overrated too.

Cactus said:
sanji no 1 said:
Akira
5/10
Pretty overrated IMO

Glad someone else is saying it as well. Now I just need someone to say GITS is overrated too.

But back when they came out they was big names .....non of this school life ****......or Moe ****......they are mature movies .......And to be honest gits is my favourite out of the two but akira has great animation...took them years to make

sanji no 1 said:
Akira
5/10
Pretty overrated IMO

It's certainly a flawed movie in places, but it really does bare repeat viewing (as most classic films require) to truly 'get' it. I don't think it really started to sink in for me until about the third time watching it, and even now, I still pick up on new bits when I watch it. It's not the kind of film that can be digested and understood in just one sitting (as frustrating as that might be).

animefreak17 said:
Cactus said:
sanji no 1 said:
Akira
5/10
Pretty overrated IMO

But back when they came out they was big names .....non of this school life ****......or Moe ****......they are mature movies .......And to be honest gits is my favourite out of the two but akira has great animation...took them years to make

Lots of stuff are "big names", doesn't mean it's any good.. I remember thinking GITS was quite inferior to Appleseed back then. Akira just drags, the second half is sleep-inducing to say the least. And sure, I probably don't "get it", but I can see the greatness in Akira. You're quite welcome to love them, but I still think GITS is overrated. It might be just me. Not that I'm saying it's bad, it's just not as revolutionary as people make it out to be. GITS 2 was so-so, and I haven't seen any of the series.

Cactus said:
animefreak1 said:
Cactus said:
[quote="sanji no 1"
5/10
Pretty overrated IMO

Lots of stuff are "big names", doesn't mean it's any good.. I remember thinking GITS was quite inferior to Appleseed back then. Akira just drags, the second half is sleep-inducing to say the least. And sure, I probably don't "get it", but I can see the greatness in Akira. You're quite welcome to love them, but I still think GITS is overrated. It might be just me. Not that I'm saying it's bad, it's just not as revolutionary as people make it out to be. GITS 2 was so-so, and I haven't seen any of the series.[/quote]

Or maybe I'm over reacting.......gits was one of the anime movies that revolutionized the industry.....And was one of few to start coming out japan

Guys chill out. Whether the likes of Akira or GITS are great or not doesn't matter. Not everyone will like them. A film can be great and you don't like it and another can be rubbish and you do like it (the term 'guilty pleasure' anyone).

mangaman74 said:
Guys chill out. Whether the likes of Akira or GITS are great or not doesn't matter. Not everyone will like them. A film can be great and you don't like it and another can be rubbish and you do like it (the term 'guilty pleasure' anyone).

You want a guilty pleasure.....mines lucky star and squid girl

animefreak17 said:
mangaman74 said:

You want a guilty pleasure.....mines lucky star and squid girl

Can't beat Violence Jack or Shadow Skill.

A lot of what people consider 'classic anime' are things I haven't watched because they don't suit my taste. Doesn't mean I think they're bad or that I will never get round to giving them a go... just not my taste.

If someone doesn't like something, then that's fine. Not affecting anyone else. Would be boring if we all liked the same things :3

Yh I agree

But you have to appreciate what these oldies have done for anime of today...........I'm a sucker for old anime but there are only so few that I will watch

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun

It took a fair bit of persuasion to get me to even attempt something so ostensibly shoujo-esque and fluffy looking, but I'm glad I did in the end. Nozaki-kun is an extremely pleasant surprise, turning its unpromising premise, of the heroine inadvertantly becoming a mangaka's assistant, into something fresh and witty as the show raises genuine laughs from poking fun at the long established, yet utterly ridiculous, tropes of shoujo manga. All the more surprising is how well it succeeds in this without resorting to the usual anime comedy standards of blankly referencing other series or 'hilarious' visual innuendo. However much played for laughs, I did think the casual violence between Hori and Kashima was in questionable taste, but otherwise, it was a feel-good delight from beginning to end.

Lupin the 3rd the first series

To be honest I had mixed feelings for this series because. When I watch a anime I like to watch a story and lupin doesn't exactly have that....It's more of a steal of the week sort of thing.

Sometimes it was boring and sometimes it was fun.....I'm a fan of the lupin series and I'm glad to have seen this.

The animation has aged terribly tho

7.5/10

My beautiful girl mari

Ok the animation is unique to me I haven't seen animation like this because before....

But it's supposed to be a boy who meets a girl called Mari but that beariy gets any light......And I feel asleep near the 3rd act.

7/10

Apocalypse zero

This OVA reminds me of guyver but bad.

The character designs are ugly
The monsters are ugly

But Gore is awesome tho

It didn't caught my interest but it was ok

6/10

Back