Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

Very nice. It's been a while since I've had a look at this thread and I realised it's been a long time since I had made an update on my complete anime collection (double-checking the last update was on 30th December 2017... well I have my reasons for the long gap between then and now). I can't do it right now, but I am hoping to offer an update before the end of the year.

In the spirit of this forum I will show of my humble collection.

View attachment 6230

Nadesico (soon to be upgraded to blu-ray through christmas sale at Anime Ltd), Bubblegum Crisis, Nerima Daikon Brothers (used to have US imports until this came out), Cowboy Bebop and Red Ash from the ill fated kickstarter (anime turned out quite good though).

View attachment 6232

On my shelf I have Dirty Pair Flash, Lupin the movie as I lovingly call it, Zone of the Enders Idolo, Excel Saga + Puni Puni Poemi, some Ghibi (Princess Mononoke and Ponyo), Tenchi Muyo, Chobits and the Persona 3 movie collection from last years AL christmas sale.

Not shown is my Dragonball yellow box collection from Manga Entertainment.

View attachment 6234

Bonus pic from my Berserk collection. (with some Nintendo Wii / U games sneaking in)

A year ago I joined these forums and posted my humble collection. I think for my anniversary here I should show an update. Things are a bit disorganised on the shelves atm since I am also moving to a new flat so please forgive that.

IMG_20191220_200311_resized_20191220_080734215.jpgIMG_20191220_200325_resized_20191220_080733936.jpg

Didn't forget the Gundam this time.
IMG_20191220_200335_resized_20191220_080733619.jpg

For comparisons between this current update and my previous ones, check the links below:

I also have a blog post here in case the images go missing.

It's been 24 months since my last major complete collection update. Stuff happened, but at the moment I have a new room with new shelving and more space. Repeating what I have said before, see the links above for the previous updates. Welcome to the 7th collection update. This collection spans at least 7 years. Video games aren't included since we split that in this forum a while back (and due to how much stuff had to be transported, the video games are still in my flat).

RsR1TUfh.jpg

3sRcDYOh.jpg

Kq7TmfXh.jpg

Since the last update, Funimation has been up and down on which title receives the limited edition treatment. I have toned down the amount of LEs for this distributor but at the same time, they have been choosing more and more of the titles that I want to own.

The new additions are:
  • And You Thought There is Never a Girl Online?
  • Assassination Classroom Season 2
  • Attack on Titan Season 2
  • Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody
  • Goblin Slayer
  • High School DxD HERO
  • How Not to Summon a Demon Lord
  • In Another World With My Smartphone
  • Keijo!!!!!!!!
  • My First Girlfriend is a Gal
  • OVERLORD II
  • OVERLORD III
  • Wanna Be the Strongest in the World
  • Yuri!!! on ICE
vIY0YCmh.jpg

Viz Media doesn’t really focus that much on limited editions like they used to, but I did pick up one for the collection. Sailor Moon is still up in the air but if the opportunity is there I may get the remainder of the Viz sets despite the video quality. Universal Pictures has finished distributing anime because they over-estimated the UK market but there’s one new addition for the collection. MVM, on the other hand, has a couple more titles for the collection, and I plan to add more titles from them in the future.

The new Viz addition is:
  • JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Set 1
The new Universal Pictures addition is:
  • Drifters
The new MVM additions are:
  • Armed Girl’s Machiavellism
  • Made in Abyss
  • Princess Principal
Ys9YSyih.jpg

Ol7stCVh.jpg

Aniplex of America and Aniplex of Japan remains to be one of the most expensive distributors for the collection. Surprisingly I have decided to tone down on getting titles from them in order to catch up, but I will still continue to keep consistency for some of the franchises. Positioned next to the Aniplex sets are a couple of anime sets from various distributors. Bandai Visual in both the US (Honneamise) releases and for the first time in my collection, a Bandai Visual Japanese release. Carrying over from the previous updates are the Pied Piper Time of Eve set and the Nozomi Nadesico DVD set.

The new Aniplex of America additions are:
  • Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works] Box Sets 1-2
  • Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu
  • Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend Volumes 1-2
  • Tsukimonogatari: Yotsugi Doll
  • Valvrave the Liberator Seasons 1-2
The new Aniplex of Japan additions are:
  • Fate/Stay Night [Heaven’s Feel] I. Presage Flower
  • Fate/Stay Night [Heaven’s Feel] II. Lost Butterfly
The new Bandai Visual Japan addition is:
  • Love Live! The School Idol Movie
2bV7GYNh.jpg

fsu2Jmwh.jpg

mHVeUbJh.jpg

kY2ABQCh.jpg

The Anime Limited collection continues to grow strong with around 90% of its titles acquired already. Not going to go for every collector's sets for various reasons but the ones that I have picked up are the ones that I had wanted for the shelf.

The new additions are:
  • 009 Re:Cyborg 3D
  • Aldnoah Zero Season 2
  • Amanchu!
  • Charlotte Parts 1-2
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion I: Initiation
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion II: Transgression
  • ERASED Part 2
  • Expelled from Paradise
  • Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution 1: Renton
  • Fireworks
  • Grimgar: Ashes & Illusions
  • Hyouka Part 2 (housed inside Part 1's box)
  • Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
  • Kiznaiver
  • A Letter to Momo
  • Lord Marksman and Vanadis
  • Love Live! Sunshine!!
  • Lu Over the Wall
  • Lupin the Third Part IV
  • March comes in like a Lion Season 1 Parts 1-2
  • Martian Successor Nadesico
  • Mirai
  • Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Seasons 1-2 (Season 2 housed inside Season 1's box)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin I-IV
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Wing Parts 1-2 (Part 2 housed inside Part 1's box)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ Part 2 (housed inside Part 1's box)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
  • Momotaro Sacred Sailors
  • Napping Princess
  • The Night is Short Walk on Girl
  • Pigtails and Other Short Stories from Production I.G.
  • Princess Arete
  • Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Parts 1-2 (Part 1 housed inside Part 2's box)
  • Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers-
  • Snow White With the Red Hair
  • Sound! Euphonium
  • Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Parts 1-2 (Part 2 housed inside Part 1's box)
  • Sword Art Online the Movie -Ordinal Scale-
  • The Testament of Sister New Devil
  • The Testament of Sister New Devil Burst
  • Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
ajSyYHrh.jpg

MKemkCph.jpg

Much like Aniplex, I also eventually decided to tone down on Sentai's limited edition front. Fortunately, I now have pretty much every special release they have so far, outside of maybe one or two but they aren't a priority at this point. For NIS America, as the distributor has stopped focusing on anime I haven't bought anything new from them. As for Anime Limited's ultimate edition range, only one new addition has been added.

The new Sentai Filmworks additions are:
  • Chivalry of a Failed Knight
  • GATE
  • Infinite Stratos 2
  • Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
  • No Game, No Life: Zero
  • Sword Oratoria: Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side
The new Anime Limited addition is:
  • Perfect Blue
49SzIeFh.jpg

Moving onto the original shelf, I have changed the positioning around now that I have more space. However, this shelf is going to need a bit of a revamp in the future since I want it to focus solely on books and visual novels, so in the meantime, there are regular Blu-ray titles across the various rows.

The first row covers the light novels which I had been aiming to acquire more of over the recent years. The visual novels are primarily unchanged as I decided to switch focus towards console versions and when available the digital releases of the original games because the physical market went towards kickstarters in the most expensive fashion.

The new light novel additions are:
  • J-Novel Club
    • How Not to Summon a Demon Lord Volume 1
    • In Another World With My Smartphone Volume 1
    • The Magic In This Other World Is Too Far Behind! Volume 1
  • Seven Seas
    • ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Volumes 1-4
    • Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash Volume 1
    • How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Volume 1
  • Yen On
    • Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody Volume 1
    • Defeating the Demon Lord's a Cinch (If You've Got a Ringer) Volume 1
    • The Hero is Overpowered But Overly Cautious Volume 1
    • Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Volume 1
    • KonoSuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! Volume 1
    • Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Volume 1
    • The Saga of Tanya the Evil Volume 1
sBvJ3ach.jpg

p2FSxe2h.jpg

As I mentioned earlier there are a few PlayStation games here in this row, but I'll save that for the actual game collection update later.

Funimation and Sentai Filmworks regular releases don't exactly get that much for me personally. It's primarily due to the fact that they last so long to the point where there's no rush to buy them, and there are also other factors to take note of, such as the pricing and how the re-releases tend to be better in both disc authoring and/or for the shelf. The Studio Canal Ghibli collection is also another problem of not bothering much with the distributor because there's plenty of time to get their releases.

Meanwhile on the UK side, a lot more focus has been placed on the Manga Entertainment collection as they have been improving their releases in recent years. MVM standards are also included but will be expanded upon soon. Funimation UK has a few more additions but their distribution in the UK has technically stopped for now but a final batch will be here in January.

The new Anime Limited addition is:
  • Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo
The new Funimation (US) additions are:
  • Ghost in the Shell ARISE borders 1 & 2
  • Ghost in the Shell ARISE borders 3 & 4
The new Funimation (UK) additions are:
  • Daimidaler: Prince vs Penguin Empire
  • SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist
The new KAZE UK additions are:
  • Nisekoi: False Love 2 Parts 1-2
The new Manga Entertainment additions are:
  • 5 Centimeters per Second
  • Assassination Classroom the Movie: 365 Days
  • Dragon Ball Super: Broly
  • Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo
  • Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society
  • Hellsing Ultimate
  • Mob Psycho 100
The new MVM Entertainment additions are:
  • The Asterisk War Parts 1-2
  • GOD EATER Parts 1-2
The new Sentai Filmworks additions are:
  • Is It Wrong to Expect a Hot Spring in a Dungeon?
  • MAOYU
  • When They Cry
The new Third Window Films addition is:
  • A Thousand and One Nights & Cleopatra
KDNnhsNh.jpg

This row mainly focuses on hardcover manga volumes, but I also placed my DVDs for Death Note and R.O.D. the TV as there wasn't anywhere else they could go.

The new manga additions are:
  • Viz Media
    • Junji Ito's Tomie
    • Junji Ito's Uzumaki
xPnIfMCh.jpg

eucStCAh.jpg

LPtwnvlh.jpg

ArJjGfsh.jpg

One major change to the collection is the vast focus on building the Asian Cinema collection throughout late 2018 and most of 2019. One of the titles, Shadow, isn't shown in the collection as I've placed it with the 4K Ultra HD group off-screen.

I've also placed the NIS America Premium Edition Longbox sets at this spot as there wasn't anywhere else for them to go, as well as the Darker Than Black Premium Edition Funimation Blu-ray set which is still a bad packaged release.

The new Asian Cinema additions are:
  • Arrow Academy
    • After the Storm
    • Departures
    • The Human Condition Trilogy
    • The Third Murder
    • Woman is the Future of Man & Tale of Cinema
  • Arrow Video
    • Audition
    • Before We Vanish
    • Black Society Trilogy
    • Blade of the Immortal
    • Dark Water
    • Dead or Alive Trilogy
    • The Happiness of the Katakuris
    • Lady Snowblood
    • Orgies of Edo
    • Pulse
    • Retaliation
    • The Ring
    • Street Mobster
    • Terraformars
    • The Villainess
    • Wolf Guy
    • Yakuza Law
  • BFI
    • An Actor's Revenge
    • Late Autumn
    • Rashomon
    • Tokyo Story
  • Criterion
    • Dreams
  • Eureka Entertainment
    • House
    • Jackie Chan's Police Story 1 & 2
    • Jackie Chan's Project A Parts I & II
  • Palisades Tartan
    • Lady Vengeance
    • Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
    • A Tale of Two Sisters
    • Thirst
  • Sony Pictures
    • The Mermaid
  • Studio Canal
    • I Saw The Devil
    • Ran
  • Third Window Films
    • Blue Spring
    • Dangan Runner
    • Lesson of Evil
    • Love Exposure
    • One Cut of the Dead
    • The Story of Yonosuke
    • Tetsuo: The Iron Man & Body Hammer
    • The Woodsman and the Rain
  • Thunderbird Releasing
    • Burning
    • Shoplifters
The new manga additions are:
  • Dark Horse
    • Gantz Omnibus Volume 1
  • Ghost Ship
    • Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Volumes 1-3
  • Seven Seas
    • Monster Musume Volumes 1-3
  • Viz Media
    • Black Clover Volumes 1-3
    • Neon Genesis Evangelion Omnibus Volume 5
    • The Promised Neverland Volumes 1-3
  • Yen Press
    • Sekirei Omnibus Volumes 1-2
jcl1rlNh.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent! Time to post some of my anime coll-
20200109_163119.jpg
20200109_163126.jpg
20200109_163130.jpg
20200109_163133.jpg

😭

Welp, that's the whole shebang up the new house, for my collection anyway. Damn, I wanna read some of that manga now but I'm not doing anything that'll take me up the other house atm...

just relished edit: claymore manga still isn’t up there

Last edited:
Aaand the most important thing is done!

20200112_171926.jpg

The cabinet is back up, in the spare room of the house up the street. Spent time filling it and pretty much anything I'd watch is in, but there's no room for manga.

Perhaps someone moving up for a while with a big bookcase will lend some space
Stares at The Brother

Of course, we might be planning to have the spare room as some small library

I've been seeing a lot of plastic sleeves in peoples collections, what sort of protection do they offer? Shouldn't anime just remain in good condition if you keep it on your shelf, what can happen if you don't put your collection in these sleeves?

I've been seeing a lot of plastic sleeves in peoples collections, what sort of protection do they offer? Shouldn't anime just remain in good condition if you keep it on your shelf, what can happen if you don't put your collection in these sleeves?
It seems like quite a personal thing - I don’t use sleeves myself since the only reason I’d have to care about dust or fading would be if I’d bought something as an investment and wanted to preserve its value for later resale. Given that the only reason I buy media is to keep and use it however, I don’t really see the point.

Others do seem to like keeping things pristine though - I guess it brings them a certain sense of satisfaction to have mint copies, and far be it for me to disagree with whatever makes them happy.

Dust, definitely a lot of dust regularly comes to be my enemy. Sometimes with grains, so moving can cause scratches. Another reason (more so for books rather than anime) is prevention of oxidation and thus yellowing. Also it helps to prevent contents to just tumble out of the box. Or keep it together in the first place with no damage. Sometimes JP releases come with paper sleeves, which unlike the AL or Funi ones aren't smaller than the backcover, they be even go over the bottom face into the cover face (kinda half an obi). They are too big to put into the box (some parts would stick out, and thus the edged get scruffed in no time), having it outside is literally it flying around loosely and sometimes they have extra artwork, you don't want to throw away nor fold. Having bag to hold it all is useful.

Aniplex' bags are also having this shiny sticker, dunno, just feels like it gives it extra sense of authenticity on top of all.

(Also helping against sticky, fatty, sweaty fingers of visitors.)

I cover everything. Depending on size, I'll use either plastic box protectors or bags; for larger CE/UE/LE boxes I'll leave the shrink wrap on the box and just slit a door on the open side to get the anime out. Keeping your collection pristine means more money and a quicker sale if/when you decide to resell anything. Plus, I simply don't want to see dust, scratches, and worn spots from handling and shelf wear on any of my anime; I paid a fortune for it, so I'm keeping it nice for me and my guests to admire. And yes, visitors are notorious for recklessly pulling out anime from your shelf to examine it and then shoving it back into the row without any caution. If you're a collector, the packaging is almost of more significance than the anime itself.

(Also helping against sticky, fatty, sweaty fingers of visitors.)
And yes, visitors are notorious for recklessly pulling out anime from your shelf to examine it and then shoving it back into the row without any caution.
What kind of obnoxious visitors do you guys get who go touching your stuff without permission or with grubby hands? Perhaps it’s a British thing but I’d never, ever do anything like that at a friend’s house and would be pretty aghast if they did it at mine.

Most of my sets arrive damaged anyway so I'm not going to go out my way to "protect" them, I'm far too lazy to go through the effort of selling them even if I wanted to so they'll sit there collecting dust until I die and then someone else can deal with them lol.

I'm selling some stuff and keeping other stuff upstairs I don't want to sell but I don't want downstairs on show (like Bleach). Aiming to out my AL CE's, DVDs etc downstairs once my units build and having the Ultimate Edition of FMA sat on the top with my Spike Spiegel figure.

Wondering if I'm gonna shame myself going alphabetical? - would I go alphabetical all in on per class like CE, DVD each sorted separate but alphabetical? lol

What kind of obnoxious visitors do you guys get who go touching your stuff without permission or with grubby hands?

My anime collection is on shelves in a public area - along the basement walls in my movie theater room. So when I have guests over for Movies nights I can have 8-10 people there browsing my anime collection, so it can be hard to police them all at once!

What are these "visitors" you speak of? Never have people come over so don't have that problem.

I'm a very social Lad so I have friends coming over all the time to hang out and party. There's even four of us going out to the theater together tomorrow night to see Weathering with You. Since you don't have people over, want I should give you a hug instead, Dd? You're a little too far away for me to come visit... 🤗

Last edited:
Back