[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

The GATE set my be quite pricey as its 2 cour I'd probably wait & see what MVM do with it, the Outlaw Star set by Funi is fugly and our version is much nicer.

Ah that's a shame (I asked because I thought our box was slightly different from FUNis one). I kinda hope Anime Limited do something with it and give us a box something like the 1st seasons anyway.
I think the UK spine was different. White lettering instead of shiny grey. An improvement if you ask me.

Idk if someone post it but JP Gundam Wing Bd Box 1 and 2 are going to be rereleased in June at a slightly lower price. The same goes for the movie. But it seems they will be missing the outer boxes.

wkwt8Hj.gif

The entire list for the Sentai Filmworks July 2017 line-up is up on my blog. I was busy at Uni when this came up so I just put it on my blog to save myself the time.

Various notes:
- The greatest show of all time gets a collector's edition set.
- GATE also receives a collector's edition set, both seasons are together hence the higher price-tags.
- Rin-ne Season 2 is a complete collection set rather than split into two collection sets.
- Valerian & Laureline is English audio only; this is a French/Japanese co-production.
- Gatchaman Fighter is the next title from the old Tatsunoko license deal.

Im very tempted by that GATE set its pricey though I will wait an see what its up for on WOW HD
The Monster Musume set is a bit disappointing IMO, not sure why it just seems like a jumble of cards to me so I will wait for the MVM version.

On another note Sentai seem to be running out of 'big' shows with only Food Wars left.

Last edited:
That Monster Musume set is full of nose bleed inducing images...... Not my cup of tea though.

GATE looks good. Who has it in the uk? The French AL release looks adequate.

Looks like I'll be picking up Gate and Monster. I'm kinda disturbed that a collectors edition of Monster would basically mean doubling up or more on price, might have to save my pennies for other items.

I guess having the choice is nice but I do miss being able to buy a Funimation art box for £3-4 extra as the most extravagant option.

Back