[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

The Big O is bloody first class, as far as I'm concerned. No caveats, either - I enjoyed season 2 as much as season 1. SOMEBODY GRAB IT FOR THE UK!!! And ALL of it, this time!

Been hoping for a HD Big O, I snagged some US DvD sets a while back before all the Bandai stuff disappeared.

Not sure about the Haruhi Movie, as I have Bandai's BD - doesn't seem worth it just to have it match my box set.

Definitely going to get Gosick as an upgrade to my DvD set.

For those concerned over The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya's cover art, the reversible cover will match the Ultimate Collector's Edition covers. The Blu-ray disc will also match the UCE disc art as well.

I understand why they went black and white, but since the logo has red, they should have gone tri-tone (ala Sin City) and kept the red aspects of characters. Mainly I don't like the lack of red hair for Dorothy. I'm surprised at the price. I doubt it'll be playable over here, but if it is, I'll definitely pick it up.

Edit: I don't know if its due to the watermark, but really the only part that is eye-catching is logo. It really draws attention away from the characters making them, especially Dorothy, nye unnoticeable.

1dcKHZa.gif

The entire list for Sentai's June 2017 line-up is up on my blog. I was busy at Uni when this came up so I just put it on my blog to save myself the time.

Various notes:
- The Big O collection includes both seasons, and will only be available on Blu-ray.
- Chivalry and School-Live! both receive collector's treatment and both also include OSTs and booklets.
- Kino's Journey is re-released under ADV's label.
- Norn9 is subtitled only.
- Ushio & Tora will be released in one complete set i.e. all 39 episodes together, Release Date ETA 2017.

I like that Sentai are doing standard BD/DVD releases alongside the collectors editions where possible.

I picked up one or two of the very early ones but I'm finding them to be slightly questionable value recently, so have skipped most of them. It's nice to have the option to go for a collectors set for a show that I really enjoyed though.

Back