[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Well I guess a Blu-Ray of that is a dead cert for Anime Ltd then. Still kinda confusing how it's ended up later than the main US set though - but maybe this plays into Anime Ltd's favour though so they can do a proper Haruhi Ultimate Edition of absolutely everything, and avoid another Eden of the East situation.

Well I guess a Blu-Ray of that is a dead cert for Anime Ltd then. Still kinda confusing how it's ended up later than the main US set though - but maybe this plays into Anime Ltd's favour though so they can do a proper Haruhi Ultimate Edition of absolutely everything, and avoid another Eden of the East situation.

It seems Manga still have Haruhi Season 2, Disappearance movie and Haruhi-chan/Nyoron shorts so I don't think it's possible.

Nagato Yuki-chan on the other hand seems to be possible though I suspect it could be released under Funi UK.

Glad it's finally been announced as we knew it was coming once we saw that taking the artcards out of the Haruhi CE leaves enough space for the movie to fit in so Funi must have knew they would be releasing the movie soon.

It seems Manga still have Haruhi Season 2, Disappearance movie and Haruhi-chan/Nyoron shorts so I don't think it's possible.

Nagato Yuki-chan on the other hand seems to be possible though I suspect it could be released under Funi UK.

I thought all of Manga's Funi licenses had expired (or were in the process of expiring soon?)

I thought all of Manga's Funi licenses had expired (or were in the process of expiring soon?)

I don't think they were a sublicense from Funimation, pretty sure they're from Bandi. Funimation only picked up the rights after Bandai folded, so I'm not entirely sure where that leaves the UK rights. Perhaps someone who knows a little more can chip in.

Discotek Media have acquired the Crusher Joe movie and OVA series.

15230715_1497301313632291_8325537709854888958_n.jpg

Blu-ray is planned for the film. Both film and OVAs are due for 2017.

I see that Magic Knight Rayearth finally has a release date, too! Although, worryingly, all the talk mentions Blu Ray exclusively. No mention of DVD. Really hoping that's an oversight.

I'm still big on DVD as it's easily importable, cheaper, and region coding is a cinch to deal with. Even if I could afford US Blu Rays in large numbers, I'm not paying for a multi-region Blu Ray player just to watch them.

Still, aparently Arcadia of My Youth had a similar announcement. There was no mention of DVD fr that either, but it's coming.

Is there any particular reason why AL couldn't get a sub-licence from Manga in exchange for a revenue split or something to make an ultimate edition? Or do it as a joint project of some kind?

D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DISCOTEK MEDIA NEWS/UPDATES:

aSDpc1M.gif

Discotek Media have made some new adjustments to their release schedule.

January 10th 2017:
Lupin III Part II: Collection 1 [DVD] - English & Japanese

January 31st 2017:

Beelzebub: Collection 2 [DVD] - Japanese
Cosmo Warrior Zero: Complete Collection [DVD] - English & Japanese
Eat Man '98: Complete Collection [DVD] - English & Japanese
The Galaxy Railways: A Letter from the Abandoned Planet [DVD] - Japanese (Blu-ray scheduled later)
Magic Knight Rayearth: Complete Collection [Blu-ray] - English & Japanese
Yowamushi Pedal: Grande Road: Complete Collection [DVD] - Japanese

February 2017:
5 Centimeters per Second [Blu-ray] - English (Bandai/Crunchyroll ver.) & Japanese
Actually, I am...: Complete Collection [Blu-ray] - Japanese
Actually, I am...: Complete Collection [DVD] - Japanese
Izumo: Flash of a Brave Sword: Complete Collection [DVD] - Japanese
Key the Metal Idol: Complete Collection [DVD] - Japanese
Kyousougiga: Complete Collection [Combo] - Japanese
Magic Knight Rayearth: Complete Collection [DVD] - English & Japanese
School Days: Complete Collection [Blu-ray] - Japanese
Star Fleet: Complete Collection [DVD] - English dubbed only version

The 20th Pokemon Movie (and the movie that will celebrate the franchies' 20th aniversery) is set to be a remake of the start of the long running anime's first season.

Trailer

Dubbed "Pokemon The Movie: I choose you!" The trailer and poster for the July release was revealed featuring Ho-Oh and Pallet Town as well as the first Japanese Pokemon opening (Aim to Be a Pokémon Master) and is set to release on the 15th of July.

And in Domestic News I think Jermome requires new trousers.

Funimation's March 2017 Release Slate ~ IT'S SO COOL SONUVABITCH

dxeSOvHm.jpg
XjX5M30m.jpg
0KKBSWNm.jpg

March 7th:
Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi: The World's Greatest First Love: Complete Seasons 1, 2 & OVAs - DVD - Japanese - $59.98
Region: 1 ~ Publisher: Kadokawa Pictures

STARMYU: Complete Season 1 - BD/DVD - Japanese - $54.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: NBC Universal Entertainment Japan

Wanna Be the Strongest in the World: Complete Series (S.A.V.E. Edition) - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $29.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: ?????

shkBUy7m.jpg
avfNqDAm.jpg
lg2HmiLm.jpg

March 14th:
Appleseed XIII: Complete Series (S.A.V.E. Edition) - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $29.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Production I.G.

Ben-To: Complete Series (S.A.V.E. Edition)
- BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $29.98
Region: A|B|1|2|4 ~ Publisher: ?????

Wolf Children (Collector's Edition aka The Hosoda Collection) - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $49.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: NTV

9VtWiBRm.jpg
IHliFTkm.jpg
bFnjEQ9m.jpg

March 21st:
Attack on Titan: Junior High (Limited Edition) - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $84.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Kodansha

Attack on Titan: Junior High (Standard Edition) - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $64.98

BlazBlue: Alter Memory: Complete Series (S.A.V.E. Edition) - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $29.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Showgate

yIUpWbZm.jpg
G3Xh1Ptm.jpg
ZYg0dKZm.jpg
ezOsWXNm.jpg
688c8tbm.jpg
y51uRLom.jpg

March 28th:
Fairy Tail: Collection 7 - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $54.98

Heavy Object: Part 2 - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $64.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Showgate

Inari Kon Kon: Complete Series (S.A.V.E. Edition)
- BD/DVD - Japanese - $29.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Kadokawa Pictures

Luck & Logic: Complete Season 1 - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $64.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Bandai Visual

Steins;Gate: Load Region of Deja Vu - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $34.98
Region: A|1 ~ Publisher: Kadokawa Pictures

Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar: Complete Series - BD/DVD - English & Japanese - $69.98
Region: A|B|1 ~ Publisher: VAP

Last edited:
Back