Official PlayStation Thread (PSN stuff, discussion..etc)

ilmaestro said:
Jaymii said:
I think Home could be effective if it was the actual start-up screen.
Effective at making me never, ever use the PS3, sure.

Almost without doubt the worst idea Sony have ever had, and they didn't even implement it well within that context!

PSHome is great, but they should do more with it. It begs for some big open areas to explore, and a jump function.

Home is okay for say the minigames from bowling to pool with strangers, but other then that the other spaces you can buy is pointless for people to visit unless you bug your friends to come, no different to poking on facebook.
That nDreams party pack, what a waste, who on earth will attend a virtual party?

...it took a few years but *cough*....i finally went and did it...i bought myself a PS3 320gb slim :D

Got Resistance 3, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood & Call of Juarez as the initial games with the package which also included a HDMI cable

Bought Final Fantasy 13 and Gran Turismo 5 as extras

Now i can finally watch some of my blurays on the downstairs tv :D

Any recommendations for RPG's like in the Final Fantasy mold?

Resonance of Fate is supposed to be good but I haven't played it myself. Everything else (Enchanted Arms, Star Ocean 4, Eternal Sonata, Ar Tonelico Qoga) is mediocre. Valkyria Chronicles is nothing like Final Fantasy but it's the best RPG on the system and you should buy it anyway. Oh, and Atelier Rorona and Totori for the cute girls. Er, and the combat and the alchemy and stuff.

For something more traditional that's actually good, um... Tales of Graces F is out next year.

So, I heard a report that PS3s are multi-regional with DVDs. Well, mine isn't. Me = 1 Wikipedia = 0.

When Mum bought Fifa 12 for my little brother, she got a £10 PSN voucher for £5...she gave it to me, and I turned it into Final Fantasy IX...yay!.

Joshawott said:
So, I heard a report that PS3s are multi-regional with DVDs. Well, mine isn't. Me = 1 Wikipedia = 0.

When Mum bought Fifa 12 for my little brother, she got a £10 PSN voucher for £5...she gave it to me, and I turned it into Final Fantasy IX...yay!.

You should have asked us here, we could have told you that. PS3 is multi-region for games only, not movies.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Resonance of Fate is supposed to be good but I haven't played it myself. Everything else (Enchanted Arms, Star Ocean 4, Eternal Sonata, Ar Tonelico Qoga) is mediocre. Valkyria Chronicles is nothing like Final Fantasy but it's the best RPG on the system and you should buy it anyway. Oh, and Atelier Rorona and Totori for the cute girls. Er, and the combat and the alchemy and stuff.

For something more traditional that's actually good, um... Tales of Graces F is out next year.

I actually really enjoyed Eternal Sonata, but then I'm also a music guy too. Given the age, back when I played it on the 360 about 4-5 years ago, I remember thinking it looked pretty good too.

Star Ocean 4 was decent enough, but nowhere near where it should have been, and the difficulty curve on that last boss....an hour to LOSE. Grrrrrrr...

Looking forward to Tales though :)
I actually have Resonance, and its kinda marmite. I went off it after finding the combat system a bit of a bitch as it gets more complicated; its one of those games I might go back in a few years and enjoy though.

Shame VC2/3 are PSP only, I still think that was a massive mistake.

Also putting myself in the 'Home could have been awesome, but turned out to be a bit of a waste of time' group.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Everything else (Enchanted Arms, Star Ocean 4, Eternal Sonata, Ar Tonelico Qoga) is mediocre.

Heyhey hey now...I resent that. Sure they may not catch the attention like FF or the Shin Magami Tensi series, but they have some fantastic music, artwork and devised language

I must confess that I haven't played it myself. But someone I know on another forum loves the first two and really doesn't like Qoga, and that's a sentiment I've seen echoed elsewhere.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I must confess that I haven't played it myself. But someone I know on another forum loves the first two and really doesn't like Qoga, and that's a sentiment I've seen echoed elsewhere.

Ok I'll take your word on it since I've not played it either, but it sits nicely on my shelf. Though I do urge Gust to make a Mana Khemia 3

Just in case you didn't know. PSN are having a new sale item every 2 days until Christmas, plus a free game for PS+ users.

This week is Little Big Planet 2 + 10 DLC

Additionally, you can now select English (UK) from your language settings (As part of the 4.0 firmware)... Better late than never?.. it only took them 5 years....

JamesX said:
Additionally, you can now select English (UK) from your language settings (As part of the 4.0 firmware)... Better late than never?.. it only took them 5 years....

Well I guess that leaves five years off hearing schedule pronounced right

I didn't even realize they were doing PS2 games on there now! They should be a fiver though, not £8, Maximo is ten years old, and God Hand is five years old and didn't sell well in the first place!

Back