Official PlayStation Thread (PSN stuff, discussion..etc)

Re: Official Playstation 3 Thread(PSN stuff, discussion..etc

So Deadly Promotion: Directors cut out this year for PS3 and Xbox. Should be interesting if you liked Journey or "art games" in general.

I'm still waiting for the PS3 I was promised for Christmas. My step-dad knows a guy who does lot of shows and such and they have to replace their units every so often, so he sells the old ones for cheap.

Still waiting on it though...

I was left pretty unimpressed by the PlayStation 4. The stream itself was boresville, but I didn't want to see fancy promotional videos, I wanted to see gameplay and I hardly got any of that.

I also don't feel like, aside from power, that my gameplay experience will be any different playing a Wii U and I'm a guy who definitely prefers gameplay experience over visuals. The ability to play games as I download them is cool though.
It does have one advantage over Wii U though:
developers.jpg

EDIT: Watch_Dogs has just been confirmed for Wii U and 360 too.

Trololol

I quite liked what I saw, would of liked to know if Europe was getting it this year though seeing as their's rumours already that Japan and America will get it in November and Europe has to wait till 2014...........

I can go along with the social stuff (streaming needs Twitch added though) but the games were no different to what we have now aside from looking prettier. That said, me still wanty Watchdogs.

I hope it is a simultaneous global launch, or as close as makes little difference like with the Wii U, which in my opinion is the perfect example of how to globally launch a console.

Lack of backwards compatibility is a shame, but I'll get over it. I'll be buying a PS4 to play PS4 games, of course; the PS3 can stay set up to cover PS3, PS2 and PS1 games, giving me 4 generations of Playstation covered by 2 machines. Not too bad.

GRCC said:
but the games were no different to what we have now aside from looking prettier. That said, me still wanty Watchdogs.
And this is why I'll stick with my PC for the time being, I bought a PS3 and only have five games for it, might actually get around to buying some of the other PS3 exclusives now.

One thing I don't like is that it looks like you won't be able to play your older PS1/2/3 games on the 4 physical media but via their cloud service. If they can do it so I don't have to pay to play them, that will be better than not playing with my discs but I'm not going to pay for a service so I may have to keep my hands on my 1st gen PS3.

And yes, I want Watch Dogs. I watched the other video released yesterday and I want it now!

It was late, so I blame that, but the French Ubisoft employee's accent made it sound like he called Watch Dogs 'Botch Jobs' at one point. After the final quarter of ZombiU, I'm scared to believe it...

Also did Yoshinori Ono make a joke about calling his brother his sister or something?

The thing that gets me is how many lies and how much ******** Sony tell at these things. The entire conference was a mix of buzzwords, marketing cliches, tech demos that weren't games and some company reps that had nothing to do with what was being shown. First of all, I do not buy into tech demos at all. They are not being used in the context of a video game environment. Anyone can knock up a fancy looking old man's face (which for the record, didn't look human at all). Pixar were doing that 10 years ago. Anyway, they are not being used in the context of a video game environment, so those kinds of details and physics are not yet possible for console hardware. Just look back at the PS3 demos. The PS3 has yet to do anything they showed in any demo. As for the buzzwords and marketing cliches, I seriously hope they know that they aren't fooling anyone. Every syllable that dribbled out of every company rep's mouth lacked confidence in the hardware.

Ranger Ryu said:
robot monkey said:
What was up with them not letting anyone see what it looks like?

Got to save something to reveal at E3.

Though as what my mate and I discussed, was it's appearance being "A big, black box"

*stabby stabby*

They can't do any worse than the design philosophy they seem to have gone with for the PS3 -

20070329231538!Playstation_3_Barbecue.jpg

Wii > 360S > 360 > PS3

Wii was the least ostentatious of the bunch, 360S in matte black is the most beautiful thing in the world, 360 at least looked something like a snazzy DVD player when horizontal and the PS3 was just this ginormous behemoth of a thing. In fairness though it did look very sleek...from five miles away.

GRCC said:
Wii > PS3 > 360S > 360

Fixed.

The Wii, we agree, is a wonderful design. PS3 is sleek but large. 360S is alright. Original 360 is an unsightly grey mess with a glowing red ring.

Back