Official PlayStation Thread (PSN stuff, discussion..etc)

MaxonTreik said:
Not selling well is more reason to bump up the price
That's actually a fair point, and usually the side of the argument that I'm on, but I still don't think £8 for downloadable versions of old games is going to get too many people moving. Some of the games are £4, which makes more sense.

Gonna presume this will work as "general Sony hardware discussion thread", too.

Anyone else getting a Vita? Mine should come tomorrow from Amazon, so I am just finishing up buying and downloading the games I want off the store (Escape Plan, SSD, MotorStorm from the UK store, Gravity Daze and ~stuff~ from the Japanese one) in anticipation.

Sony apparently made a nice cock up and people could download the full game of Uncharted by buying the DLC treasure map for 79p!

In a rare show of restraint, I am going to wait before I get a Vita. I want it, but I can wait, even though it has a new Katamari game on launch.

Yep, mine should arrive tomorrow (and be left on the doorstep, as is typical for the postman :roll: ).

It's PSP, yes, but Corpse Party is now on the download list as I only ever had a 256 MB card for the PSP.

So, I've only just managed to have a fiddle with the Vita.

It's nice.

They've improved on the 'turn off - sleep mode' function, now with it asking you if you wish to turn it off.

Now is the time to pray for no dead pixels.

4 PSPS? You had it rough, Mutsumi. My first one had a HUGE dead pixel right in the middle of the screen (it looked like a tick), happened a few weeks after the warranty ran out.

My second (and thankfully last), was okay. It was also that Final Fantasy VII 10 year anniversary one. Didn't realise there were so few made :eek:

Just had a big shock. Used Near and someone in my (EDIT: neighbouring) village has one (that and 8 other people in an 8 km radius). Near... it's fantastic.

Never thought that was going to happen.

I didn't have it that rough; all the problems appeared promptly within the first months, thus within warranty, and all the replacements were at Sony's expense. I even got two free PSP batteries out of it. :D

Max Takeshi said:
They've improved on the 'turn off - sleep mode' function, now with it asking you if you wish to turn it off.
Yup, copying the iPhone etc. was indeed the way to go for this. Sleep mode is very slick too, didn't seem to drain the battery at all having it sleeping for nine hours with a game paused, wakes up and straight back in game really quick.

Multitasking is excellent, very smooth to quickly back out of a game, change songs or check messages, zip back to game.

Media playback I'm loving, definitely going to replace my iPhone as my portable anime player.

Max Takeshi said:
It was also that Final Fantasy VII 10 year anniversary one. Didn't realise there were so few made
Tell me more! This is also the PSP I have - I still want to keep a PSP, but would be up for selling this one for ONE BILLION DOLLARS and buying a different one.

edit: oh yeah, I agree that near is pretty sick. Was surprised how many people within spitting distance of me showed up on it. Wifi triangulation has me living about seven doors down from where I actually am, though.

Re: Official Playstation 3 Thread(PSN stuff, discussion..etc

PSN: TAZdaKING if anyones interested. mostly play COD sometimes collect trophies

Re: Official Playstation 3 Thread(PSN stuff, discussion..etc

Does anyone have Mortal Kombat on the PS3 and fancy helping me do some trophy boosting at some point???

If so drop me a PM or add me on psn: zen_tattooist

Back