Official PlayStation Thread (PSN stuff, discussion..etc)

Tachi- said:
Is GTA IV worth getting? i was tempted to buy it at the weekend, but ended up buying Lost Planet 2 instead.

depends how much you like sandbox games and whether you enjoy shades of brown

GTA was always one of those games where i had to "be in the mood" to play it.

I rarely followed the storylines (i've completed san andreas and the psp one, vice city or something.... i just remember helicopters) but for the most part its a open world where you run/drive/fly around not doing much, going on murderous spree's and then evading the law... once you've got to the highest star wanted level and manage to survive over 10 mins it becomes boring.

999 trophies now :p feeling proud of myself for something that won't actually change or do anything in life... just nice to know i didn't lose all my trophy data on the sync up :)

I kinda disagree, GTA's work because they have a nice variety of missions, fun characters and clips driving them and enjoyable gameplay. People do get distracted by the "let's get as many stars as possible" stuff but that isn't what brings me back to 'em really.

Tachi- said:
Hmmm, i guess it was a good idea to buy lost planet 2 instead.
Monster Hunter with guns is cool in theory but you should've went with GTA:IV IMO and I thought Lost Planet 2 was decent.

Lupus said:
Tachi- said:
Hmmm, i guess it was a good idea to buy lost planet 2 instead.
Monster Hunter with guns is cool in theory but you should've went with GTA:IV IMO and I thought Lost Planet 2 was decent.

Well i may have to try it out anyway, can't knock it till i've tried it right?

Thanks for the responses all,

Yeah i noticed :p you lucky sod, you must have put in hundreds of hours doing that.

(my first run through as a noble dwarf took 60 hours)

2 trophies away from Assassins creed brotherhood plat and my ps3 YLoD.

1 trophy away from ratchet and clank plat and it wouldn't recognize me going back through the game on hard mode.

Guess i'll have to replay them on the new system and have em completed properly this time lol

My first character took my about 70 hours, a mage. Must have spent over 200 hours by now, but what a great game it is though. :D

Yeah i can't agree more lol. Yet to play the second one though, its meant to be set at the same time the first game is having the fight where duncan( if memory serves) dies.

Posted on 22 June, 2011 at 11:27 am by KC-alpha-14
Is the DLC free to keep forever?

Posted on 22 June, 2011 at 12:03 pm by James Thorpe
Currently all game add-ons we offer are yours to keep forever. unless we specifically state otherwise. Cheers

Hopefully this aids people unsure on if add on content expires when your months playstation + does.

Playstation Home - Welcome Back Content

Nice to see some anime in there, £65 worth of items for free is alright, i might even set to logging back into home abit more often and just doing up my "pad"

Feels like sims too much though, if i was a little cartoon bloke running around a city then i'd be alright with that. The lack of the ability to jump is my main bugbear, i'm one of those gamers who enjoys to randomly jump in the vain attempt to move forward faster than i can walk.

Inpatient to the end.

Ha, I should have guessed you were a jumper. I think Home could be effective if it was the actual start-up screen. It loads a room where all the games, settings, etc are and you go out the door if you want to connect to the internet. This way, opening a new application to uhm, not do a whole lot is kind of weird.

Might check this stuff out if I remember about it, cheers.

lol inpatience, but effective when i get to the battle :p

No Problem, btw the "anime room" is a mecha fans sort of room, hopefully the furniture is a tad more diverse.

Jaymii said:
I think Home could be effective if it was the actual start-up screen.
Effective at making me never, ever use the PS3, sure.

Almost without doubt the worst idea Sony have ever had, and they didn't even implement it well within that context!

Back