Official PlayStation Thread (PSN stuff, discussion..etc)

chaos said:
added ppl in here. Lately the onlyonline game I'm playing is tekken 6

What are you guys playing and why should I get it too?

Woo at last! You'd been 'friend request pending' for months!

Get Bayonetta because it is fun.
Get Modern Warfare 2 because it is also fun, and is multiplayer.

I should play you at Tekken 6 sometime. Maybe get a room set up for several of us one night?

I'm afraid I've only got Wed evening free. I've got a play tonight, dinner with some workmates on Thurs and a party on Fri.

Saturday maybe?

Got a question that maybe you guys could answer-

My HDD is basically full now, and I need ways to condense the space so I can fit Heavy Rain and FFXIII on. So here goes the questions;

Redeem Codes - If I have a voucher to DLC (Heavy Rain/Dragon Age) and I redeem it on my User profile, will it still carry over my Dad's profile? And visa-versa.

Game Data - I know that games make seperate saves depending on your profile, but does it save the 'Game Data' twice as well? Also, what exactly is game data? A small bit installed for faster loading or something?

Also, if I delete game data, will I keep my saves? Or will it take the saves off too?

DLC - I bought FFVII and some other games - If I deleted them, do I have a limit on how many times I can redownload it?

So finally then, would it be smartest to just delete mine/my dad's user account to save space? (Bare in mind, I don't really wanna do that. It means having to transfer all of my/his friends over to the other account, and, some games don't allow multiple profiles =/

So yeah, your thoughts please :) Also, if there is a way to back up old data (external hard drive/usb drive) that could save space, i'd appreciate to know it.

Thanks guys.

Lacking a PS3 of my own, i can't answer that all, but will answer what i do know.

Game Data is your saves, your unlocks, etc etc. So by deleting that, you get rid of your saves and all the work you've done. It has no affect on loading times or anything like that, its just your saves, unlocked and in the case of the 360, i believe its has the DLC there too.

The only thing that makes the game load faster and such is installing the game itself.

I would imagine redeeming codes is the same on the 360, as such, i believe it's a one time only thing. When i look at the DLC for something like...say Dragon Age, the Stone Prisoner is still there for 1200 points, yet i got it for free. So i believe its a one off.

DLC on the other hand which you have paid for can be re-downloaded. I don't know if there is a limit to how many times you can do so, but i do know you can re-download it.

Arbalest said:
Game Data is your saves, your unlocks, etc etc. So by deleting that, you get rid of your saves and all the work you've done. It has no affect on loading times or anything like that, its just your saves, unlocked and in the case of the 360, i believe its has the DLC there too.

Ah, but I have a seperate folder entitled "Save Games". That's seperate to "Game Data".

I would imagine redeeming codes is the same on the 360, as such, i believe it's a one time only thing. When i look at the DLC for something like...say Dragon Age, the Stone Prisoner is still there for 1200 points, yet i got it for free. So i believe its a one off.

DLC on the other hand which you have paid for can be re-downloaded. I don't know if there is a limit to how many times you can do so, but i do know you can re-download it.

I'm more worried about the Heavy Rain DLC. It's the OST etc. and that's HMV Exclusive. I dont know how i'd re-download that.

WRT to re-downloading. AFAIK, I've re-dl the same things several times. I know of people who shares their ps store to share what they get.

Chun Li said:
Arbalest said:

Ah, but I have a seperate folder entitled "Save Games". That's seperate to "Game Data".

Right, how big is the Game Data bit then? Since i can probably hazard a guess from there

Chun Li said:
I'm more worried about the Heavy Rain DLC. It's the OST etc. and that's HMV Exclusive. I dont know how i'd re-download that.

From what i remember, the Heavy Rain DLC includes the first of a set of new chapters to be downloaded as well, which apparently is available to those that Pre-order. That DLC will be made available later, but again, once you have redeemed a code, it can't be used again. All redeemable codes are one of if i remember, and some have a date to use them by.

You say the OST is DLC as well? Is that via redeemable code?

Just done some googling, and apparently Game Data is just a chunk of the game that's installed to make the game run faster and have better graphics.

Also, just noticed that it gives me the option to redownload the Heavy Rain DLC in my History thing, and apparently the OST has had problems being distributed. I gotta contact Sony for a new code, but I do have the Premium Theme + Madison Chapter thing. :)

I'll just start deleting old Game Data and keeping the Saves.

I think with Final Fantasy XIII upcoming most people might overlook this title.

I do plan on getting White Knight Chronicles after finishing FFXIII and heard it has a good online play, wonder if anybody on here is going to give it a try as well?

I will add the rest of you guys on PSN I haven't got, I'll be up for some online gaming depending on what you have :D.

PSN: Charlestouchdown

Add or don't, your call. I'm in for the exclusives, so I won't be on much until I get my hands on Uncharted or Infamous.

Back