Official PlayStation Thread (PSN stuff, discussion..etc)

Tachi- said:
Spyro201 said:
Tachi- said:
Z4C-22

and i'm already friends with Ayase, spyro and Afoia.

btw if anyone likes Disgaea...the third game is out now on ps3

I noticed this too but, IGN say it sucks.

the graphics looked ps1 at best on the back of the case.....not sure thats a good thing for a ps3 game ;)

You don't go into Disgaea for the graphics, however. If you do, you are a fool(my opinion anyway). Also, i'd say don't trust reviews, even though yes i'd go for IGN over gamespot ANY day. My brother tells me otherwise on how good it is, each chapter is longer in respect to its previous installments, there is an Afro Prinny from screenshots i've seen, and the gameplay mechanics stick to the basics, but have a fair few new additions too. Not sure for the story though, not been home to see it. There is going to be DLC for it here as well, old veteran characters appearing for 1 and 2, and no doubt other NiS games too. The only fault apparently with it which is worth mentioning is less Prinnies in general.

That said, i'd very much like to get a go on this..its just i'm stuck n edinburgh.

Played the Watchmen demo lastnight.....it looked alright.. i liked the way it went from comic to actual game....the characters look good (nite owl looks like a rip of of batman)..it reminds me of Sin City (if the film was ever made into a game) but in all honesty i thought the demo was plain boring, simple and doesn't have any qualities that bench it above the normal standard.....nothing to make me go "wow this is badass" so all in all check it out and have your own opinions....but i found it crap.

Tachi- said:
Played the Watchmen demo lastnight.....it looked alright.. i liked the way it went from comic to actual game....the characters look good (nite owl looks like a rip of of batman)..it reminds me of Sin City (if the film was ever made into a game) but in all honesty i thought the demo was plain boring, simple and doesn't have any qualities that bench it above the normal standard.....nothing to make me go "wow this is badass" so all in all check it out and have your own opinions....but i found it crap.

Probably the wrong place to talk about it but there's a reason why nite owl looks like batman :p back in the 80s Alan Moore was going to use more recogniseable characters for the Watchmen graphic novel but DC said no. The rest is comic history :p

Hokum said:
Who was Silk Spectre "based on" then? I guess DR M was Superman?

I'll have to find the atricle again as there was another group of heroes that at the time DC had abosrbed for some reason (i think they bought someone out) and a few of them Alan would have used. If i recall right, your correct about Dr M.

I played the demo for five minutes, then saw I had another 25 and gave up because I wasn't committed to see it through, I wanted to go do something more worthwhile than play a game. It looked good visually, and the voice acting was commendable but nothing more than a PSN game.

Happy at the fact, that even though its a brawler, Watchmen has some form of light entertainment. I probably won't buy it, but for some reason, I could see myself flicking it on for five or ten minutes here and there just to be an Batman who can't get the girl.

Crash Commando's

Okay i've been wondering this for a while...its a 2d platform based shooter.....reminds me of a cross over of Worms and a RTS. although it looks okay (as in i'd play it with friends but wouldn't bother with a single player) has anyone downloaded it and has a mini review on it??

Haven't posted here for a while, but I got a PS3 last weekend and today just got a headset as well :D.

PSN: RobertDuskin

Haven't done much online apart from LittleBigPlanet, games I have LBP, Killzone 2, and Resistance 2.

Good goin mate :thumb:

if you like large open scaled wars....Warhawk is a game i'd recommend.

Pro's:
Upto 32 players on one map
A range of modes..CTF, Team DM, Cores, Zones, Hero.
Drive jeeps, tanks and planes.
A range of devastating weapons,
Trophies,
You'll never be stuck for a game...there's always atleast 80 games going all the time.
Host or join a game, you decide.
Headset enabled.
One of the very few games that you can listen to your music from the ps3 whilst playing.

Con's:
Could be frustrating when you first start...there's a few elite gamers on there.
The elites aren't all from japan...there's actually a collective brawl where all the top gamers fight it out....if your caught in that....just hide :lol:

Duskin said:
Haven't posted here for a while, but I got a PS3 last weekend and today just got a headset as well :D.

Haven't done much online apart from LittleBigPlanet, games I have LBP, Killzone 2, and Resistance 2.

Feel free to add me for some LilBigPlanet fun.

Spyro201 said:
Duskin said:

Feel free to add me for some LilBigPlanet fun.

Sorry for late reply, Added.

Also gotten Worms for some grenade fun, but I'm finding it hard to find an online match due to disconnects, anyone have this problem? and does anyone else play the PSN Worms game?

Back