Neon Genesis Evangelion

CitizenGeek said:
There's a raw for Rebuild of Evangelion out now.

Watch the first 5 minutes here, and then you'll have to download VeohTV to play the entire film! I'm not going to watch it, as I'd prefer to have subtitles and better quality for my first viewing of my anticipated movie ever! Enjoy!

LukasROAR said:
when's it out?

I think it's already out. But I'm not sure! There was a thread on EvaGeeks.org with lots of info on it, but I can't seem to find it now :[

Totally agree about waiting just that bit longer for a better quality and subbed version.

Really intrigued and excited about the new manga. Couldn't find anything on wiki about it though. What's it called exactly? would love to read it :D
Bring on 2.0

Found this on MAL linked from Animenetworknews or something like that.

Ladies and Gentleman we have a release date

On April the 25th the special edition DVD set of Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone will be released for 5,985 yen (55.97 US) The special edition will have a multitude of features, a full list of which can be seen here. The regular DVD will be released on May 21, retailing at 4,935 yen (46.57 US).

A US release is still up in the air as far as I know, but I hope it makes it this side of the Pacific.

There's a fansub of a camrip knocking around online - I have it, but I don't think I'll watch it!

Anyway, everyone must watch this amazing Evangelion AMV. It's absolutely perfect and holds my attention for the whole 6+ minutes every time I watch it (which is no small feat, as I usually find AMVs incredibly boring). Watch it now!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XWIPt8U106A&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XWIPt8U106A&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

CitizenGeek said:
There's a fansub of a camrip knocking around online - I have it, but I don't think I'll watch it!

Anyway, everyone must watch this amazing Evangelion AMV. It's absolutely perfect and holds my attention for the whole 6+ minutes every time I watch it (which is no small feat, as I usually find AMVs incredibly boring). Watch it now!

Hey, it's a little cold in here, isn't it, guys?

Ah. Well, I still don't get it - discussing something Evangelion in a Evangelion thread? What's wrong, or 'old' about that?

You need to find better things to do with your time than hounding me down every time I post something about Evangelion; we get the point: you don't like people being positive about Eva. Now, kindly move on, mmkay? ;]

I was simply stating the AMV is old as hell. I watched it back in the day, when I was well... let's forgot about them days. >_>

But yeah.

CitizenGeek said:
You need to find better things to do with your time than hounding me down every time I post something about Evangelion; we get the point: you don't like people being positive about Eva.
Okay.

CitizenGeek said:
Now, kindly move on, mmkay? ;]
No.

Nothing wrong with things that are old, I still love Laurel and Hardy/Carry-on films and most of those were made before I was born.

As for AMVs, I quite like this one...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cQw05e26I-k&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cQw05e26I-k&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

... and yes, i'm quite well aware how old it is.

Only just got into Evangelion recently, it's not perfect but I still loved it. Although I had a hell of a time tracking down an R2 copy of 'End of Eva'. Thought I'd never see the proper ending.

Wildcard said:
Only just got into Evangelion recently, it's not perfect but I still loved it. Although I had a hell of a time tracking down an R2 copy of 'End of Eva'. Thought I'd never see the proper ending.

What did you make of End of Evangelion? Were you completely blown away as I was?

CitizenGeek said:
Wildcard said:

What did you make of End of Evangelion? Were you completely blown away as I was?

Yeah, it was fantastic IMO. :D It actually managed to live up to the hype (particularly after the TV ending). It left me feeling quite depressed to be honest, but still I'm glad that everything in the series was resolved for better or worse.

Personally I too loved End of Eva, some really stand out moment, oh and not that its the end of the world of anything but there is a section for AMVs, would be cool if you made like an Eva AMV thread, just a suggestion.

Yep, End of Evangelion was amazing. It's my all-time favourite movie, I think! It's so powerful, often poignant, the music is superb, the visuals are stunning and the imagery striking. At the same time, it's very entertaining (Asuka destroying the MP Evas, for example!). It might not be perfect (though I can think of no flaws), but it's easily the best piece of cinema I've ever seen!

Outlawstar said:
Personally I too loved End of Eva, some really stand out moment, oh and not that its the end of the world of anything but there is a section for AMVs, would be cool if you made like an Eva AMV thread, just a suggestion.

Yeah, that is a good idea. Should we make it in the "Streaming AMVs etc." forums, yeah?

Lupus Inu said:
Asuka versus Mass Production EVA series was one of the best animu fights, EVAR. [In all seriousness, it was.]

Yeah, Asuka gives them a total ass kicking. That's why it really shocked me when at the end of the fight she get's absolutely slaughtered :eek: Great scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I'm hoping to watch Evangelion, but I wondered if it's worth watching the dub. I know alot of people have their preferences anyway, but I'm interested in your opinion on the Eva dub.

Maltos said:
Hey guys, I'm hoping to watch Evangelion, but I wondered if it's worth watching the dub. I know alot of people have their preferences anyway, but I'm interested in your opinion on the Eva dub.

I'm generally a fan of dubs, but Evangelion's dub is really something special. All of the voice acting is very, very memorable, much more so thanthe Japanese acting. I think Misato's voice is particularly outstanding and Rei and Asuka's suit perfectly and really add to the overall feeling of the series. The English dub has much more 'character' than the Japanese version.

That said, the Japanese audio is fantastic, too - Shinji's screams of terror are amazing from Megumi Ogata! However, the dub definitely stands out more and I enjoyed Evangelion much more dubbed than I did when I watched it in Japanese ;]

Most of the opinions you'll get on this issue from the internet will be pretty worthlss; the vast majority of online anime fans dislike dubs regardless of quality :/

Back