Neon Genesis Evangelion

I've been kind of drawn away from dubs because of alot of opinions that all dubs are evil!!.

I wondering whether to watch the second series of GitS dubbed aswell, even though i saw the first one subbed.

One of the main reasons for asking is because often, the quality of the subs on dvd is sub par to your much hated fansubs. But hey, i grew up on anime watching fansubs, so i'm kind of used to the decent quality font, etc. When i see the dvds the font is always blocky and nowhere near as clear, even though it is done by proffessionals.

Maltos said:
I've been kind of drawn away from dubs because of alot of opinions that all dubs are evil!!.

I wondering whether to watch the second series of GitS dubbed aswell, even though i saw the first one subbed.

One of the main reasons for asking is because often, the quality of the subs on dvd is sub par to your much hated fansubs. But hey, i grew up on anime watching fansubs, so i'm kind of used to the decent quality font, etc. When i see the dvds the font is always blocky and nowhere near as clear, even though it is done by proffessionals.

I definitely recommend the dub for the 2nd series of GitS, the subtitles are atrocious and make it almost impossible to follow the story the first time around :x That said, apart from being clearer it's also an excellent dub, one of my favourites.

The Evangelion dub for me wasn't too bad and had some great moments (particularly with the End of Eva) but I ultimately favour the subs.

so, anyone got any ideas for what might happen in rebuild 2.0? theres already been a lot of speculation on the net and it's never too late to join in!^_^(unless of course you join in AFTER the film comes out)

some info to start with(que "next episode" themelol):
apparently there are only thirteen angels in rebuild
a mysteriouse white giant on the moon with a sachiel mask
"coffins" on the moon
two new evas (5 and 6)
some thing(s) called "Adams"
and of course "glasses girl"

I see that the new movie 1.0 has already been ‘revised’ and is to be released on DVD (in Japan) as 1.01 and have a cinema re-release.

Is there no end to the cashing in on EVA? It wouldn’t surprise me that if and when it’s released over here that we won’t be treated to two separate DVD releases. “There’s gold in them there EVA’s!â€

I've decided to leave this new series of movies alone because after reading into how many Japanese feel about the state of post war Japan I've gained more respect for what the original series and End of Eva represents through Shinji. Besides that I'm just really not excited or have any interest at all in seeing them. I guess that'll save me about £100 anyway.

I'm fairly excited about the films, but doing yet another re-release? 1.01?! Too far. I'll buy the film when it eventually reaches the UK, but there is a limit to how far you can keep rehyping something.

I've had my copy of the rebuild limited edition dvd on order for about a month now and i really can't wait to see it!i know what you mean about them milking the franchise though, especially with eva@school.

Eva 1.01 apparently has 226 "enhancements", so I reckon it'll be quite a different movie. Like I've said before, directors and companies improving their products is a good thing, not a bad thing (if they didn't do it, we'd still have that hideously large original Nintendo DS). Besides, I really can't see any DVD besides Eva 1.01 being released over here, anyway!

quick question for citizen geek that's been bugging me for a while:are you on evageeks?i am sure i've seen your name somewhere before and i just read that info on their forum!^_^

evangelion rocks said:
quick question for citizen geek that's been bugging me for a while:are you on evageeks?i am sure i've seen your name somewhere before and i just read that info on their forum!^_^

Well, I was on EvaGeeks, but I got a temporary ban. I think I was banned for having an argument with a popular member in PMs, but I was never properly told why. Generally, I was kind of ... eh, over zealous with my opinion over there. I really, really hated the whole mentality that Yui the best thing about Eva, and that Anno had planned it that way. Some of them believed that Kaworu was, in fact, female. And that all the other Angels were female. A lot of that stuff just really annoyed me (which it shouldn't have, but I was fresh from watching the series at that point and extraordinarily passionate about it) and there were many arguments and stuff. And so I was temp banned; I'm sure they still occasionally mention my name over there, I think I built up quite an unenviable reputation over there.

What's your username over there? :]

This has probably already been discussed but i've been awol lately with uni work and really can't be bothered to look back over the posts. I was just wondering what those of you who have seen 1.0 thought of it?

I enjoyed it but i feel watching it on a cam rip really ruined 'new' feel for me and will definitely be getting it on dvd to see it in all it's glory. The film itself I enjoyed but for people watching NGE for the first time i think it seriously lacked a lot of character building that is key to links between the characters. Anyone else think that?

to citizen geek:I'm eva unit 04 over there but i don't really post often!^_^

havent seen the film yet as i am waiting for my dvd so i can watch it properly,but have heard bits and pieces about it and am looking forward to dicussing it here!

Tasker said:
One thing I will say... If they don't do a US/UK simultaneous release then i reckon that the UK sales are going to really suffer.
I can see why, but there's no rush, considering we've seen it all before... and just as I type this in the EVA thread Rei I comes on, on WMP. =/

NGE has to be the best Mecha anime i have seen.

It gets very deep at points. This was the first mecha anime i ever watched and will be a favourite for a long time.

Every anime forum i have been on always has a really long thread about it! this is because its so rich in everything everyone wants from anime!

out of interest, is there many people here who hated it?

Kendarr said:

It gets very deep at points. This was the first mecha anime i ever watched and will be a favourite for a long time.

Every anime forum i have been on always has a really long thread about it! this is because its so rich in everything everyone wants from anime!

I love it, but I've certainly heard a lot of negative opinions on it as well. Some people seem to find the characters annoying, another argument I heard was that it over does the 'monster of the week' thing. It was stuff like that which put me off watching it for so long, when I finally did I was kicking myself for overlooking it.

I really know what you mean, one of the reasons i don't post very often is because of the genreal feel they have over there like "I don't care what your opnion is,more people think that this is right,therefore you are wrong" or something to that effect.It's deffinately not as friendly as our forum ^_^.

but enough eva geeks bashing,how long is it going to be before 2.0 comes out?I read last year it would be out by now or summer but if that was the case a trailer would surely have been shown at the recent tokyo anime fair.

Kendarr said:

There as not many people who 'hate' it, just quite a few who think that it is not as good as other series. Mecha or otherwise. Thing is to some diehard fanboy's this is sacrilege of the highest order and those slandering Eva's good name is a sin worthy of being burnt at the stake

Back