My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic...why do guys like this?

All i can say is that this thread is getting very silly.

But if people of an older age want to watch my little dogfood then so be it, as long we who dissaprove it come round to their house to tut loudly at them.

Soubi-Hurt said:
All i can say is that this thread is getting very silly.

But if people of an older age want to watch my little dogfood then so be it, as long we who dissaprove it come round to their house to tut loudly at them.

Got my shoes on, who's house are we going round to tut at first?

I am gonna Pony this thread up something terrible when I get to a desktop computer.

Of all people here, am I seriously the only one who will admit to really liking this show? And how many of you dismissing it have actually watch past the (admittedly twee) scene setting pilot? It gets *loads* better after that. Watch "Party of One" and tell me you didn't laugh even once. I won't believe you.

Does this count as ponying up this thread
m1850030a_99060203105_Unicorn_445x319.jpg

No, that's obviously a horse. There are differences, y'know (but either can be unicorns, that's okay).

ayase said:
Of all people here, am I seriously the only one who will admit to really liking this show? And how many of you dismissing it have actually watch past the (admittedly twee) scene setting pilot? It gets *loads* better after that. Watch "Party of One" and tell me you didn't laugh even once. I won't believe you.

I'm afraid that I hated every single character, so watching a second episode was beyond me.

If it helps, I think it's cool you like it? :D

R

Since you're obviously using your own judgement rather than any uninformed stereotyping, I respect your right to your opinion, Rui.

As you didn't like the characters, I would be interested to know what you think of this statement by the show's creator, and the article that inspired it. After watching an entire series I thought the leads were all really good, multi-dimensional strong female characters, but perhaps we're not looking at it from the same angle?

ayase said:
As you didn't like the characters, I would be interested to know what you think of this statement by the show's creator, and the article that inspired it. After watching an entire series I thought the leads were all really good, multi-dimensional strong female characters, but perhaps we're not looking at it from the same angle?

Even though I didn't personally like the characters, that's absurd, haha. Rainbow Dash was one of the less annoying ones by far.

I'm hoping it's sarcasm but the fixation on racism in cartoons which always seems to pop up in the US drives me barmy. None of them come very close to approaching an actual human skin colour <_<

R, who is going to have weirdly colourful ponydreams now

ayase, saying you should watch something to form an opinion is flawed logic. Everyone has things they will choose not to watch just because they don't like the look of it and not everyone has time to watch everything. If you say you don't do this, you are flat out lying. Let people decide to watch it or not and stop being so butthurt.

This show is one (fairly good from all accounts) thing, it's fandom is utterly nuts.

But when you get stuff like this sometimes a bit of insanity is a good thing;
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WcNiLHtKqT0?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WcNiLHtKqT0?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Maxon said:
ayase, saying you should watch something to form an opinion is flawed logic. Everyone has things they will choose not to watch just because they don't like the look of it and not everyone has time to watch everything. If you say you don't do this, you are flat out lying. Let people decide to watch it or not and stop being so butthurt.
I don't expect people to watch things they don't think would interest them. But if you're going to express an opinion of something, it should be backed up by experience. Film critics don't write reviews without seeing films.

"I don't like this because I find X wrong with it" is an entirely valid opinion I'm happy for people to express, and if fact would encourage them to do so. It stimulates discussion and debate. "This is bad because I don't like the look of it and people who like it are wrong even though I haven't experienced it myself" isn't a valid opinion at all. It's exactly the kind of groundless, opinionated view espoused by tabloid newspapers every day.

ayase said:
Of all people here, am I seriously the only one who will admit to really liking this show?
I would probably like the show if I watched it, as pointed out by me and others though there are reasons to dislike the show other than simply disliking it.

Err, you know what I mean...

ilmaestro said:
ayase said:
Of all people here, am I seriously the only one who will admit to really liking this show?
I would probably like the show if I watched it, as pointed out by me and others though there are reasons to dislike the show other than simply disliking it.

Err, you know what I mean...

they runied Gundam Wing?

Yeah i just watched an episode of this on boomerang to day and quite enjoyed it. i feel kinda wierd about it though since its meant to be a little girls show and i feel like a pedophile 8)

ayase said:
Maxon said:
I don't expect people to watch things they don't think would interest them. But if you're going to express an opinion of something, it should be backed up by experience. Film critics don't write reviews without seeing films.

"I don't like this because I find X wrong with it" is an entirely valid opinion I'm happy for people to express, and if fact would encourage them to do so. It stimulates discussion and debate. "This is bad because I don't like the look of it and people who like it are wrong even though I haven't experienced it myself" isn't a valid opinion at all. It's exactly the kind of groundless, opinionated view espoused by tabloid newspapers every day.

I've not watched it and nor do I intend to. Doubtless I'm sure it's a good show for who it's aimed at, but I will say this:

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3ImFrTq3hNg?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3ImFrTq3hNg?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Though obviously if you want to watch it I can respect that. So long as you acknowledge it as what it is i.e. a children's show. Nothing wrong with watching children's shows, just so long as you don't make out that they're shows everyone can enjoy because... well see above video.

daichi383 said:
Yeah i just watched an episode of this on boomerang to day and quite enjoyed it. i feel kinda wierd about it though since its meant to be a little girls show and i feel like a pedophile 8)

I like how you added a cool face there

Following suite! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back