Manga Entertainment need to take a chill pill

Joshawott said:
Can someone translate that into English for me?
The latter part is because they're releasing the movie (which has a dub), but not the TV series (which does not), for a long-running shounen show that isn't as popular as Bleach or Naruto.
Which makes them bad, bad people.

Shiroi Hane said:
Joshawott said:
Can someone translate that into English for me?
The latter part is because they're releasing the movie (which has a dub), but not the TV series (which does not), for a long-running shounen show that isn't as popular as Bleach or Naruto.
Which makes them bad, bad people.
Makes them thick is what it does.

We had the Patlabor films (first from Manga, then from Beez) without the series. We had the Gundam films from Beez long before we had the series. I fail to see the difference. Credit (and criticism) when and where it's due. Criticising Manga for anything and everything they do doesn't make your criticism more audible, it just turns it into background noise.

Poor reaction to legitimate criticism is what initially turned the spotlight on Jerome's Twitter antics and rightly so, but I doubt any reasonable person would condemn him for retaliating when people are just being pricks, regardless of whether that's thought of as being "professional" or not (whatever that even means - if it means having to take sh*t from people and not being able to dish it back out even when they deserve it then professionalism can kiss my ****). Do unto others as they do unto you will always be my mantra of choice.

Yes, but Patlabor has a history from previous releases and pedigrees to back that one up. I could probalby sell more 'labor by use of the words "From the makers of Ghost in The Shell" than Gintama with "Uh, this is some random movie we're paping out yeah, have fun".

I mean if this was part of a campaign with CR to get people watching Gintama on there that would at least make sense (and, really, they should be doing that more, first exposure is the most imporant, after all). Otherwise this is all a bit "Look at us, throwing money away on no win bets cuz we are desperate to get our hands on whatever crack is powering ADV's post death insanity"

I'm fine for calling out the twit having a go at Manga for everything (for one thing that's MY job godamnit) but Manga does not get off from thier own fresh face brand of utter nonsense as a result of being called out by a twat.

The trouble with the Gintama movie, from what I read, is that it sifts out an early manga storyline from the comic filler and creates a movie from that TV material.

But the random comic filler is the good stuff in Gintama.

Well I can say that when I saw it at Leeds Film Festival I enjoyed it as a standalone product, without having previously seen or read any other Gintama material. If anything it made me want to see more.

Jeremy Graves who is the podcast host is now the 'Community Liaison' for Manga and is now handling the Twitter and Facebook.

Jeremy introduces himself in a couple of tweets...

"Hi everyone, Jeremy Graves here. (Manga UK Podcast host.) I'm the Community Liaison for Manga UK so it'll be me handling the twitter &... "

"...facebook pages. I look forward to conversing with all of you!"

And the Jerome responds to an earlier whinge about P&S

"Lee, I am still on here and I kindly ask u to be less prickly with ur questions. It's Sunday for crying out loud!"

"What r we supposed to do about P&S DVD until tomoz? Wait until then. Thanks for being so patient. I'm being sarcastic BTW. "

I'm still confused. Are we sure the "I am still on here" is coming from Jerome saying he's still in charge for today, or Jeremy pretty much saying "Yes, I am still on here on a Sunday" kinda thing?

It's obviously two different people. Can you imagine someone on Twitter who doesn't use abbreviations, and uses 'conversing', instead of 'chatting' or 'talking' then using words like 'ur' and 'r' and 'tomoz' in the next tweet?

Just Passing Through said:
It's obviously two different people. Can you imagine someone on Twitter who doesn't use abbreviations, and uses 'conversing', instead of 'chatting' or 'talking' then using words like 'ur' and 'r' and 'tomoz' in the next tweet?
From what I've seen on the internet in the past, I would not be surprised.

But still...
Nyoro~n.jpg

"What r we supposed to do about P&S DVD until tomoz? Wait until then. Thanks for being so patient. I'm being sarcastic BTW. "

Alright, any sympathy I had for Jerome's twitter activities is now gone. The guy is a div, and he knows he's being a div, he's not even trying.

They really need to change the password or something to stop him from coming back and making a fool of himself again.

vashdaman said:

Alright, any sympathy I had for Jerome's twitter activities is now gone. The guy is a div, and he knows he's being a div, he's not even trying.

They really need to change the password or something to stop him from coming back and making a fool of himself again.
Isn't that Jeremy's tweet since he took over??

Back