General TV Discussion

Bah, Just watched that How HipHop Changed The World program on 4. I knew it was gonna be a bit dodge when I saw N-DUBZ on the advert but still I'm pretty disappointed. I love both HipHop and Elba and am far from proper stuck up "HipHop head" but the blasted election of Obama being the no.1 biggest moment in the history of Hiphop :( dont even play that homie, do not even play that. That's the corruption of HipHop right there, taking a music that has been used for uprising, rebellion, true expression and then turning it into a cheap campaign/propaganda for a presidential candidate! They should have shown footage of Dead Prez's anti Obama campaigns of the time instead....

Paradox295 said:
ayase said:
Jaymii said:
I liked that, and I like Beavis and Butthead but I can't help but think they such a product of the '90s. The JS clip was **** hilarious though.

Also, Firefly is coming out on BD in the UK.
I honestly don't think cultural eras mean anything any more. There is no 2010's culture - it's just a mish-mash of every era that went before to different degrees for each individual. We've come to the end of cultural history and I blame (thank? blame-thank?) the internet.

I like Firefly and will certainly buy the BD, but (without wishing to go all Chandler on your asses) could that Blu-ray bar be any more obtrusive?
That's most likely just for the Slipcover. The actual case won't have it.

However, I do agree that it's terrible :lol:

I really do hate dem blu ray bars, especially the triple-play ones on paramount blus, they's nasty >=(

A bit of a random thing to mention, but he did this once before. Bill Bailey appeared on QI earlier in the week, with a Naruto t-shirt on. He did it about a year or so ago with a Dragonball t-shirt, but i just found it a little surprising to see again. So thought, why not share with everyone.

BaileyNaruto.jpg

The Story of Film - An Odyssey

Presented by Mark Cousins. If you have any interest in films watch this. Every episode has been brilliant and there is a focus on cinema from around the globe. I knew Mark Cousins was very knowledgeable about film but he's also a brilliant presenter - very lucid and informative.

Today I watched the first episode of the new big bang theory season it was great as usual. Outside of football this week I gave the channel 4 drama top boy a watch I didnt expect much going into it but it blew me away with how gritty and enthralling it was.

The only thing I'm really watching these Days is Young Apprentice (Some of them need slap round the head) & The Walking Dead which I still have episodes building up in the Sky Planner.

TheLasersharkKH said:
The only thing I'm really watching these Days is Young Apprentice (Some of them need slap round the head)

I'd say they all should be givena slap round the head, and whoever commissioned the programme should have a gun to his head.

I'm not a fan of soaps, however, I remember on Christmas Eve, me, my Mum, my older brother and his girlfriend went over to the neighbours, who had their family over. We kept on going on about how much we hate EastEnders but ended up watching it anyway.

If anything, I was just trying to predict when the end credits would start.

There are also some small details I hate about soaps, aside from the general poor writing, the terrible acting and the dreary sets. Why does someone always have to die at Christmas? Why not like, have Christmas be okay, then have a major character death in the middle of the year when no one expects it? And that leads to my other point - newspapers spoil plotlines as if they're actual news. Imagine how otaku would have created if Japanese tabloids had "Code Geass: Lelouch dies at the end!" on the front page.

I remember though, how one time Mum actually complained to Ofcom about an episode (It was back during the storyline with Lucas). Ofcom's reply could be summed up as "It's a soap; s--- happens".

Last edited by a moderator:
Back