General TV Discussion

Been watching Sherlock, definitely preferable to the entertaining but not quite as good Ritchie version.

I have to say though I was disappointed with the predictability of tonights episode. I'd twigged from the moment Sherlock started wigging out and John didn't that the hollow was gassed so it was a bit painful that it took Sherlock himself so long to figure it out, however, it was a nice twist on the original story instead of the "ghost" hound not being a ghost at all, but a real dog, the hound was ficticious all along, just a "ghost" Not entirely sure what was going on at the end with Moriarty in what looked like Sylar's cell from Heroes but maybe that'll be explained next week...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Taka88 said:
Just watching Star War the clone war season 1.

I'm really not sure how I feel about that show... it has some really great eps but a lot of only ok ones. I prefer Clone Wars, the traditionally animated, non-cgi series.

I have agree with you. I not sure which target to audience because some episode look dark but other episode is children show. My friend say to me season 2 better than season 1

Other show i watch is ashes to ashes series 2 ! Gene Hunt is best character :)

Taka88 said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Taka88 said:
Just watching Star War the clone war season 1.

I'm really not sure how I feel about that show... it has some really great eps but a lot of only ok ones. I prefer Clone Wars, the traditionally animated, non-cgi series.

I have agree with you. I not sure which target to audience because some episode look dark but other episode is children show. My friend say to me season 2 better than season 1

Other show i watch is ashes to ashes series 2 ! Gene Hunt is best character :)

Yeah... it's a schizophrenic demographic show like that heh. CW seemed to balance it about right, plus it had epic fights every episodes. TCW has good fights when they happen but that's not all that often. I'd say that Season 3 is the best, but only the later half with the Dathomir stuff. 2 is probably best overall but I can't really remember it too well. I can't say I'm really dying to see the next season.

Just got done watching Twin Peaks on Netflix. Holy never-to-be-resolved cliffhanger, Batman! Some of the subplots in the second series are absolute ********* (James), but it was worth slogging through the lull in the middle for the last 5 or 6 episodes. At its best Twin Peaks is up there with the best television I've ever seen.

KU4xW.png

fabricatedlunatic said:
Just got done watching Twin Peaks on Netflix. Holy never-to-be-resolved cliffhanger, Batman! Some of the subplots in the second series are absolute ********* (James), but it was worth slogging through the lull in the middle for the last 5 or 6 episodes. At its best Twin Peaks is up there with the best television I've ever seen.
tumblr_ljrvjm4czg1qaodtzo1_500.gif

When I grow up, I want to be juuuuust like Agent Cooper. He has to be one of the greatest characters ever created.

And there's no doubt he was the inspiration for this guy (and the show the inspiration for the game).

Haha, yup. :) I remember being pretty excited for that when it was annouced as "Rainy Woods" and looked even more like Twin Peaks: The Game. Never ended up playing it though as it took so long to be released, shame.

I, too, have just finished Twin Peaks.

The odd thing with this series is that I knew a lot about it beforehand, having seen many clips of the show (the Red Room dream, for example), and, of course, hearing the theme tune so many times. So it wasn't like a truly fresh new show.

The first series was excellent, as was the first half of series 2, but after the identity of Laura's murderer was revealed it went downhill, and it's subsequent cancellation is not that surprising (even with the never to be made season 3 lead on). Lynch and Frost's declining involvement didn't help.

But at its best it is a classic series, mixing the surreal with humour and engaging mystery. But as Lunatic said, some of the later plot lines were poor. Yes the series was more about the bizarre lives of the town's inhabitants with the general mystery being ever pushed into the background, but a little more intrigue nearing the end would have helped.

The final 20 minutes, though, were excellent entertainment indeed.

At least Cooper lives on in York.

Haha, yup. I remember being pretty excited for that when it was annouced as "Rainy Woods" and looked even more like Twin Peaks: The Game. Never ended up playing it though as it took so long to be released, shame.

You fool! Play it immediately. Its up there as a contender for the best game I've played since Shenmue 2. York is a brilliant character and his VA is absolutely spot on. The shooting bits are terrible, but the story, characters, and insane amount of quirk make up for that.

As for TV, I saw the first ep of Hit & Miss, thought it was pretty good. I've also been watching a bit of the second series of Game of Thrones, but without having seen the first series, it's a bit of challenge to follow.

What are people's opinions on season 4 and 5 of House? I'm struggling to get through season 4, and I've heard season 5 is worse.

I'm getting sick of characters saying "House only does things if they're interesting". I've known that since season 1, so why are they beating that idea into my head almost every episode in season 4? I don't particularly care for the new team either. Thirteen is just a Cameron clone, and the two guys are like diluted versions of Chase. Don't get me started on how boring Forman has become. House's refusal to grow as a character pisses me off. I thought he would learn something after the problems with that cop from season 3, but the audience was given a kick in the balls with the revelation House was just messing with him. In season 4 it's just more of him annoying the hell out of Wilson and Cuddy.

I have heard season 6 is an improvement, but I don't want to slog through a season and a half of crap to get to the good stuff.

I stopped watching House after slogging through season 4 and if I hadn't bought the set I'd probably have stopped sooner. The only memorable things in season 4 had nothing to do with the interesting parts of the show (the medical mysteries) and were just generic character drama. My friend advised that season 5 was similar but season 6 picked up, however I no longer cared by that point.

I liked Cole (the single parent candidate) but he just seemed to be treated as the butt of a few cheap gags more than explored as a character, and the team chosen in the end was, as you say, not that inspiring.

R

Due to losing Sky, I haven't seen House since the start of season 7 and I only own 1-5 on DVD.

Personally, I enjoyed season 4 - especially the Emmy-worthy performance from Wilson in the finale. However, I wasn't very keen on how the series moved away from the medical cases and focused more on the soap opera (which really kicked off in season 5 >>). I can't remember much about season 6, since I only watched it when it was airing on TV though.

Also, the way season 8 (the final season) ended was fecking weird apparently. (Wilson being diagnosed with cancer and only having a few months left to live; House faking his death in a fire and the two riding off into the sunset on motorcycles).

Back