Gaming Arrival Thread

Ryo Chan said:
how did u convert it so its power supply would work here?

Usually you would need a stepdown convertor, but with a slimline PS2, the power supply is external so all you need to do is swap the 2-pin plug lead with any UK 3-pin plug lead. Voila! The easiest way to play US games is to get a US PS2. :D

If you have a old-style US PS2 - it will probably blow up if you try the above. A stepdown convertor is then recommeded. :wink:
________
CHEVROLET BRUIN SPECIFICATIONS

Usually you would need a stepdown convertor, but with a slimline PS2, the power supply is external so all you need to do is swap the 2-pin plug lead with any UK 3-pin plug lead. Voila! The easiest way to play US games is to get a US PS2.

time to order a ps2 from playasia then

A PS1 Squaresoft shooter by the name of Einhander arrived on my doorstep today. I have no idea what it will be like, but I hope for a cross between Gradius and Thunderforce. :wink:
________
Hashish

Ramen89 said:
My Kingdom Hearts 2 came today but there was no one in to sign for it so I have to collect it tomorow *cries*

*Breathes* You have Kingdom Hearts 2???
Those of you who don't know, I love Kindom Hearts.
Oh god..I have to wait till May :cry:
It's probably the game that I'm most looking forward to getting. Ive waited 4 years! 4 years! I'm so glad that it's coming out so soon.

Other games. Project Zero 3 Tormented. My dear sister is looking forward to purchasing that game this weekend. I will cower behin her as she plays it. I don't have the courage for survival horrors
:D

KittySeras said:
Other games. Project Zero 3 Tormented. My dear sister is looking forward to purchasing that game this weekend. I will cower behin her as she plays it. I don't have the courage for survival horrors :D

Now I'm jealous. :wink: The stingy person within me, suggests that I wait for it to drop to at least half price. I hear that a certain 'sister' from Project Zero 2 makes a cameo appearance in PZ3. Tell me how it is! :)
________
Lincoln ls history

SWAT 4: Stechkov Syndicate (addon pack). It's got VoIP support now, and it's my first time trying it. I still feel a bit embarrased about what people must think about me talking into a PC. :mrgreen:

Still, it helps to co-ordinate no end. Although so far I've only played co-op games on clan servers, where the general rule is that there's a specific clan leader who gives the orders (the game has support for choosing a group leader to give orders).

New weapons ang game modes are fun. I need to get into this a bit more.

neptune2venus said:
KittySeras said:
Other games. Project Zero 3 Tormented. My dear sister is looking forward to purchasing that game this weekend. I will cower behin her as she plays it. I don't have the courage for survival horrors :D

Now I'm jealous. :wink: The stingy person within me, suggests that I wait for it to drop to at least half price. I hear that a certain 'sister' from Project Zero 2 makes a cameo appearance in PZ3. Tell me how it is! :)

Yes, a certain sister does appear in this game. This game seems to connect all previous ones very well. I was also very impressed with the graphics and features in the game. The story so far is very gripping.
Something I hope you enjoy neptune2venus :D

Necromancer said:
Daxter arrived this morning, trying to get my bro off his PSP so I can play it now.

Why is it that siblings always get in the way?
Ive been unable to get my sister off the ps2 for a whole week. I have war wounds from where Ive tried to snatch the controler off her, or pretend to turn off her game.
I know thats mean...but the reaction is just worth it.

I got Dragon Quest VIII for my US PS2 (minus the VIII part in Europe). Why did I choose the US version over the UK version?

- Free FFXII demo!
- No borders

The game was second hand and little did I expect to find dog hairs inside the box. Do people even look after their games? :?

neptune2venus said:
- No borders

The PAL version has a full screen conversion without the borders :), hopefully KH2 and FF XII will also have no borders in their PAL versions.

Today I've been playing a bit more Ratchet: Gladiator, it's not as good as the rest but shotting wave after wave of enemies with big guns is fun :D .

Necromancer said:
The PAL version has a full screen conversion without the borders :), hopefully KH2 and FF XII will also have no borders in their PAL versions.

So DQ has a 60hz mode? I heard that it doesn't and that it was a 'optimised' conversion ie. with borders but full speed. Square-Enix games always have poor conversions unless they suddenly changed their ways! It's good that they even released something here..

Anyway talking of Square-Enix, I got Grandia 3 today. It has a shiny cover and is on 2 DVDs. :D
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZER

neptune2venus said:
Necromancer said:

So DQ has a 60hz mode? I heard that it doesn't and that it was a 'optimised' conversion ie. with borders but full speed. Square-Enix games always have poor conversions unless they suddenly changed their ways! It's good that they even released something here..

The first PAL released Square game for PS2, The Bouncer is full screen, no borders, no 60hz option just like DQ. I think every other one of their releases has the borders :S, I wonder why they stopped doing good conversions after The Bouncer?

Back