Polish_20211226_205743854.jpgPolish_20211226_205926444.jpg

Last edited:
MEDIA=youtube]VTzdypPnTk8[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Aha, found a thread to spam my FGO queries on instead of harassing @Vincentdante and @Takei Daloui on the Fate discussion thread!

Have really enjoyed the hilarious Las Vegas summer event on FGO. If this is how good their events are, I'm going to struggle to drop my newfound addiction. Incidentally this thread reminded me that I was expecting Genshin Impact, not FGO, to be my first foray into gacha games whenever I got time for that!

So, managed to get Hokusai from the event and wanted to ask you guys whether you usually get the 4* and 5* characters through events or through the summoning gacha? I used Merlin as support a few times and found his support abilities brilliant - then went on to blow 240 SQ trying to get him on the Sunday banner and only ended up with a Siegfried and lots of Jing Kes and Kotarous zzzzzz... Rhetorical question but will ask regardless: any advice/strategies on summoning through these banners or is it just down to your luck?

Also have lots of event items to use in the shop - have bought all the experience cards and was going to try and get as much of everything else as possible but again, any advice on whether any items are recommended as must-buys? Thanks in advance guys.

Aha, found a thread to spam my FGO queries on instead of harassing @Vincentdante and @Takei Daloui on the Fate discussion thread!

Have really enjoyed the hilarious Las Vegas summer event on FGO. If this is how good their events are, I'm going to struggle to drop my newfound addiction. Incidentally this thread reminded me that I was expecting Genshin Impact, not FGO, to be my first foray into gacha games whenever I got time for that!

So, managed to get Hokusai from the event and wanted to ask you guys whether you usually get the 4* and 5* characters through events or through the summoning gacha? I used Merlin as support a few times and found his support abilities brilliant - then went on to blow 240 SQ trying to get him on the Sunday banner and only ended up with a Siegfried and lots of Jing Kes and Kotarous zzzzzz... Rhetorical question but will ask regardless: any advice/strategies on summoning through these banners or is it just down to your luck?

Also have lots of event items to use in the shop - have bought all the experience cards and was going to try and get as much of everything else as possible but again, any advice on whether any items are recommended as must-buys? Thanks in advance guys.
Yeah most of the big events will give you a free 4* Welfare servant like Hokusai for your efforts.

Alas there is no strategy to the gacha besides save up for a character you want then hope you get lucky.

I rarely login to Arknights anymore. Though the CC songs absolutely slaps 🎸🔥 I could just stay on the main menu screen jamming to this.

Last edited:

Wondered why I suddenly appeared in this thread. Does avoid taking over the other one too much with FGO stuff.

FGO events are well done most of the time. Some events I find are weaker than others, it depends on what it is doing. Gudaguda for example is rarely serious in the first two events (gone now) but was surprisingly more serious in the third then back to more silliness in the fourth. Stuff like the summer ones are ridiculous in premise meanwhile but have embraced it and get some fairly fun events out of it.
The next event coming up however is more of a story event, so naturally the story leaps up in quality too since it is part of the focus.. For context, it takes place between lostbelt 3 and 4 so if you're lost on some stuff, it's because it's an inbetween event.

You haven't tried Genshin? It's pretty fun, and the scale is ridiculous when you consider it's free to play. Obviously it gets its money from gacha but it's in my opinion fairly generous with free currency if you're patient. Levelling a character in that takes more investment anyway so it's not like you'll end up hurting too much from not having dozens of top characters either.

So when it comes to the 4 and 5 stars, the ones I use vary. Whenever an event is going on I always try and use the event servant, and some get used more than others after the event ends. Shiki is one I maxed out her bond level when the limit was 10, and I do need to use Gray a bit more. However usually they do get left alone for a while since I've played long enough to have 5 stars for most roles and I tend to use one of those as part of my lineup and just fill in some of the backups with servants that need bond exp.
I do use 4 stars too that I get from banners, the main example currently being Summer Okita. I got her from the banner, maxed out as much of her stats as I could, and even now I've grailed her to further enhance her abilities. She's not the strongest of 4 stars but many are good, and with team sizes having limits you'll be using a mix if you want good craft essences on them too.
When it comes to the banners, there is no luck. Genshin has a nice pity system but FGO doesn't have that (I think it introduced it in JP so that's still a while away for us) so it really is luck.
As an example there, early on a few months in I rolled for Okita (5 star) and got her twice on a 10 roll. I've gotten similar luck on a guaranteed gacha once too. However I've also had bad luck where it took two different banners to finally get Jeanne Alter, since she didn't appear either time before even with something like 500 SQ. Sometimes I've gotten a 5 star from a random ticket, other times I've thrown a few hundred SQ and gotten nothing and have to pack it in. It's all down to luck, no way around it, so it's very important to know your limits in a game like this.
Also, not surprised you liked Merlin. Merlin is the servant that made them introduce break bars, since they made him so powerful as a support that he trivialised a lot of content. Shame you didn't get him but that's how it can be sometimes with this game.

I'd get as much as you can. The flaming Oni stuff is good to get, since it's a new material. Proof of heroes will be essence for the kind of servants you have currently (it's a very commonly used upgrade material for early servants and some require a lot for their skills). Eternal gears, phoenix feathers, and heart of the foreign gods are also pretty standard materials that you will need plenty of with your current lineup so get as many as you can. Additionally, see what Hokusai needs and get those too since you might as well try and invest in her now that you have her, especially if you can get her event copies and bring her to NP5.

It's all down to luck, no way around it, so it's very important to know your limits in a game like this.
Thanks for the detailed info dude, much appreciated. It's reassuring to know that whilst you've had some great luck, it can go either way so I don't feel so bad thinking I wasted SQs for Merlin by not thinking it through heh. Well, with time & luck I'll hopefully collect enough to have one higher level one for each class (which just looks to get even more complicated with the extra classes in lostbelts onwards heh). I cleared the las Vegas missions so Hokusai np5'd and to level 80 but I'm holding on to my grails until I have a few more 4 & 5*s. Now I'm going to raid the event shop as advised. Those skills do seem to be a real pain to level with the myriad items and overlap with different characters.

I really wanted to get into Genshin, mainly to be able to remote play with my brother, but the latter ain't happening with impossible-to-match schedules. And now with FGO, and a very dusty Persona 5 Royal giving me dirty looks from my shelf, I think Genshin is a distant possibility for now sadly heh.

I really wanted to get into Genshin, mainly to be able to remote play with my brother, but the latter ain't happening with impossible-to-match schedules. And now with FGO, and a very dusty Persona 5 Royal giving me dirty looks from my shelf, I think Genshin is a distant possibility for now sadly heh.
Genshin is the kind of game to be played at your own pace, there's no need to invest heavy time into it unless you want to reach endgame quickly.

My suggestion if you wish to play casually is to just explore Teyvat at your own leisure. Play through the story or have fun with exploration, the game can be played however you wish.

Now if we're talking Gacha, HoYoverse is pretty reasonable unlike many other games with the exception being Punishing Gray Raven and Azur Lane. Genshin's guaranteed pity system is solid, should you fail to pull a limited character on their banner (which carries over to future limited banners / doesn't reset). Your next 5★ will be the featured banner character guaranteed.

Fate/GO rates on the other hand is absolute hell and that's speaking from a retired veteran. Had I continued playing, I would've lost my sanity for good.

when-you-install-f-go-muishiki-ni-tsugeta-ne-suddenly-thats-34068390.png

Fate/GO rates on the other hand is absolute hell and that's speaking from a retired veteran. Had I continued playing, I would've lost my sanity for good.

undefined
Hahaha that is hilarious!

Good to know that about Genshin Impact. I'm much more likely to get into that then as what I find really handy about FGO is being able to play on my phone equally conveniently for a few minutes or a few hours at a time. Genshin though I was going to play on either the Switch or PlayStation - former is far more convenient for similar reasons to the phone but the latter I had hoped to remote play with bro as he doesn't have a switch, unless you can still play cross-play with gamers playing on different devices? Let's see, I'll probably finish the story on FGO and then try out Genshin.

Thanks for the detailed info dude, much appreciated. It's reassuring to know that whilst you've had some great luck, it can go either way so I don't feel so bad thinking I wasted SQs for Merlin by not thinking it through heh. Well, with time & luck I'll hopefully collect enough to have one higher level one for each class (which just looks to get even more complicated with the extra classes in lostbelts onwards heh). I cleared the las Vegas missions so Hokusai np5'd and to level 80 but I'm holding on to my grails until I have a few more 4 & 5*s. Now I'm going to raid the event shop as advised. Those skills do seem to be a real pain to level with the myriad items and overlap with different characters.

No problem there. And definitely do hold your grails till you get some more servants. I held onto them for way too long, though it's worked out alright, but since they are the most limited resource you'll get (till they let you make them, and even then it's tough and limited) you'll want to be sure on grailing a servant and to what extent. I've got two or three with only a single grail given, mainly to recognise how much I like them, whereas my main chunk of grails went on some servants I both liked and were fun gameplay wise. However it really boils down to how much you like a servant. You can do it for gameplay but really, it's a matter of personal preference with a servant.

Ah, P5 Royal. It'll only take you... 120+ hours. It's very fun, but very long.

Genshin is the kind of game to be played at your own pace, there's no need to invest heavy time into it unless you want to reach endgame quickly.

My suggestion if you wish to play casually is to just explore Teyvat at your own leisure. Play through the story or have fun with exploration, the game can be played however you wish.

Now if we're talking Gacha, HoYoverse is pretty reasonable unlike many other games with the exception being Punishing Gray Raven and Azur Lane. Genshin's guaranteed pity system is solid, should you fail to pull a limited character on their banner (which carries over to future limited banners / doesn't reset). Your next 5★ will be the featured banner character guaranteed.

Agreed here. If anything, it's better played that way as you can take your time and enjoy exploring the world, as the scale of it truly does make for a lot of fun.
Even the high end stuff isn't really needed for the majority of the game too.

I like that aspect too. When you combine it with it being fairly generous on currency, the guaranteed stuff makes it so much friendly for free to play.
Except for the weapon banner. Pity carries over, not the extra feature it has there. That banner is a trap.

I played a bit of Genshin on PS4 ages ago, then didn't touch it for months and months.

I wanted to start a new game because I couldn't remember anything that had happened (or how to play it) - but you can't start over unless you make a whole new PSN account, so screw that 😅

I played a bit of Genshin on PS4 ages ago, then didn't touch it for months and months.

I wanted to start a new game because I couldn't remember anything that had happened (or how to play it) - but you can't start over unless you make a whole new PSN account, so screw that 😅
I believe you can delete the Genshin account linked to your PSN. Just contact Genshin CS and they'll go through the deletion process. Once deleted, you can start a new account and game.

Though to be honest instead of going through that. You can get a quick story recap online (YouTube etc.). As for remembering the game controls, it's easy and you'll pick it up almost immediately.

Course, that's entirely up to you if you wanna give it another chance 🙌

I'd probably also check the account and see if you want the characters on it. Any 4 stars you'll likely get again but if there is a 5 star you like, especially from the standard banner, it could be a long time till you get them.

Yep, cross-play is available between Mobile, PC and PlayStation devices 👌 (possibly Nintendo as well once eternal development has finally completed)
That's really good to know, and I've clearly forgotten the Nintendo version is still only on the horizon heh. Still, if I could alternate playing on the phone and ps5, that is incredibly tempting especially as you guys say it's a take-your-time kind of game - music to my ears!
However it really boils down to how much you like a servant. You can do it for gameplay but really, it's a matter of personal preference with a servant.
Good to know, I ended up using a couple on Hokusai to get another level 90 to even have a chance in the tougher lvl.90+ missions as I felt she had a worthy skillset and was quite likeable to boot so kind of ticking both boxes. Was wondering about using some on Cu eventually, but not sure about grailing 3* servants and think I'll go back to being stingy until I have more 4* (and with any luck 5*s).
Ah, P5 Royal. It'll only take you... 120+ hours. It's very fun, but very long.
Heheh yes that is why it's last on my list of PS4 games to catch up on. Will get to it eventually...I hope...
I been playing genshin day 1. Definitely a take your time game I agree.
Dude, your avatar has just reminded me of the brick wall that is gawainkun which I've just hit. B**tard just won't stop clobbering me despite using Orion from support. I managed to draw all dem sneks but none looked to have enough utility to level up and now I'm thinking I'll have to do so with Euryale just for one boss... Camelot has been tough from the start and story definitely a lot better straight away than the previous very forgettable aMurikun singularity (despite the welcome addition of Scathach - shame she wasn't used in a better story though...).
Coincidentally I tried my hand at Nier reincarnation the last time there was a Drakengard crossover but it was really buggy, recurrently crashing, and gameplay not as fun as FGO so I gave up. Story seemed very interesting though so maybe I'll try to get back into it at some point. Yet again too much to do and nowhere near enough time sadly.

Back