Figure discussion/picture thread

Joshawott said:
Last week, I won a competition on Marvelous' European Twitter - the prize being a set of figures that were previously only available in the Japanese Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus Limited Edition. They arrived this morning:

Very nice, looks like they were bundled originally with the LE version of one of the games :)

does anyone have any experience of how long before eyeonasia tell you they cant get pre order stock or do they just like sitting on my money for 6 months :-/

chrisjmuk said:
does anyone have any experience of how long before eyeonasia tell you they cant get pre order stock or do they just like sitting on my money for 6 months :-/

I've only dealt with them for in stock stuff I'm afraid

I've noticed from watching some of their pre-orders that they become un-orderable after a while, which I presume is because past a certain point they can't guarantee stock, which would make me assume your item should still be coming. Something to consider is that figures tend to be delayed by ~2 months between the release in Japan and US/UK stores getting stock in.

United Publications told me once that they've never known a figure to actually come in when expected (they are always delayed) so I'd assume Eyeonasia has the same issues. If in doubt I'd send them a message, nothing wrong with a polite status update enquiry.

Rosencrantz said:
chrisjmuk said:

I've only dealt with them for in stock stuff I'm afraid

I've noticed from watching some of their pre-orders that they become un-orderable after a while, which I presume is because past a certain point they can't guarantee stock, which would make me assume your item should still be coming. Something to consider is that figures tend to be delayed by ~2 months between the release in Japan and US/UK stores getting stock in.

United Publications told me once that they've never known a figure to actually come in when expected (they are always delayed) so I'd assume Eyeonasia has the same issues. If in doubt I'd send them a message, nothing wrong with a polite status update enquiry.
That would depend on if UP and eyeonasia use the same source since I know that UP gets their stock from America which would explain why there's around a 2 month delay between its release in Japan and when they get stock, but eyeonasia does have an estimated data as to when it'll ship out although they do seem to stop pre-orders when stock is no longer guaranteed (UP does the same thing if their supplier states that they have allocated their stock).

demonix said:
That would depend on if UP and eyeonasia use the same source since I know that UP gets their stock from America which would explain why there's around a 2 month delay between its release in Japan and when they get stock, but eyeonasia does have an estimated data as to when it'll ship out although they do seem to stop pre-orders when stock is no longer guaranteed (UP does the same thing if their supplier states that they have allocated their stock).

The 2 month delay seems to be universal from what I can tell. Eyeonasia once had a message up stating a lot of orders would be delayed due to the ship carrying their stock having sunk. That basically explains why the US/UK have to wait, air fare for large orders of figures would be far too much so distributors ship them by sea.

I still haven't heard anything, it was actually due march. so ordered and paid about a year ago now. I am starting to wonder if I have to do a chargeback with my credit card company or if its too late and have lost the money.

chrisjmuk said:
I still haven't heard anything, it was actually due march. so ordered and paid about a year ago now. I am starting to wonder if I have to do a chargeback with my credit card company or if its too late and have lost the money.

That sucks, I can only suggest contacting them first, and then approach your credit card company if they are not forth coming with an answer.

Been meaning to post for some time.
P1020869-4.jpg

I also have Alters Yoko Bounty Hunter but she is in the box as the pegs broke and I haven't got around to fixing them.

Also have...
Jubei Yagyu
Meiya Mitsurugi
Sumika Kagami
Miku Hatsune

These are in the boxes still, need to put up another shelf on another wall.

Very nice

You have a 1st generation Rin I see with the shiny top, been meaning to get mine out of her box and check ever since I learnt of the subtle change between versions.

Now, I know I previously said I didn't care/like it but I changed my mind a snagged a Kobato http://myfigurecollection.net/item/143930. Thought it was perfect but looks like I didn't win the Kotobukiya lottery as on closer inspection there's a paint chip I had to repair. (Perhaps I shouldn't look too closely at these things)

callumj said:
First time ordering direct from Japan, both arrived within 2 weeks without any customs chargers so very pleased

Nice figures.

I just switched to SAL shipping on a few recent orders to see how they fare on customs, the slightly expensive t-shirt I just received via SAL made it though untaxed (though it was decaled as collectable figures on the box - no idea why it was shipped a) in a box, b) not declared as apparel)

Mikasa arrived today:

I like the figure, but the blue flame stand was a real pain to attach to the base. I reckon it took me a good 15 minutes to force it on. If QuesQ's figures all have that kind of thing, I'm not sure I'd go for one of theirs again.

I got my sister that Mikasa for Christmas. It's driving me mad that it's sitting there in the wardrobe, unopened. :lol: Glad it looks cool though.

I did get this Makise on the same wander around ebay though:

Really cool stuff over the past year or so guys *Thumbs Up*. Kinda wish I had more suitable space for figures. Here's some of my standout/notable figures from over the past year or so I've been away from here!

Mami figure, got from UP1, probably nearly a year old now!

That quest for Rinne no Lagrange related figures finally led me to these from clearance sales at CDJapan & AmiAmi.

Finally, Shimakaze...She didn't need no shipping, got her from Manchester Comic Con this year!

My next order will probably be either Max Factory Chitoge or Alter Chitoge sometime in 2015. It's a really tough call, they both look good. Will have to wait on further details on them both!

Hey, this is my first post in this thread! I started buying figures not too long ago. It actually started off as me just buying a figure of my favorite character (Noriko) but it ended up spiraling out of control! :p I haven't got anything in a while however. the last thing I got was Red nendoroid. I thought that I'd post a few pics of the figures I have in my collection, so sorry about the image dump. Let me know if it's too much :) Sorry for the crappy pics.

qaiz said:
It actually started off as me just buying a figure of my favorite character (Noriko) but it ended up spiraling out of control!

Always the way. I original was only going to get figures from games I have played or series that I have seen. That did not last very long.

That is possibly the best Yoko figure ever. Still got to fix the pegs on mine though.

Back