Figure discussion/picture thread

Emulsion said:
Always the way. I original was only going to get figures from games I have played or series that I have seen. That did not last very long.

That is possibly the best Yoko figure ever. Still got to fix the pegs on mine though.
Haha yup it's weird because I love all my figures but I do kind of miss having just one cool figure on my shelf as a little personal thing but now it kind of feels like a bit of a clutter! Still, I think that has more to do with how you present them and display them. I think with the right space and set-up, you can still have a 'personal' and more intimate set up with your figures and collections, if that makes any sense? I've never been too keen on the fan favorite Detolf cases people buy for their figures. I guess I want to avoid that museum feeling and want my set-up to be more organic. I'm probably talking a load of nonsense so ignore me if I am :)

In regards to the Yoko figure, it is a really nice one! Broken pegs are a common issue with bigger figures so don't worry about it :) I really wanted the Uplark Kamina to go with her and I actually found one a while back for a beauty of a price, but was low on funds. My most valuable possession is that Max Factory Morrigan however! Very rare and pricey these days :O

I actually own a few other figures like Ultimate Madoka but for some of them I don't have pics on hand. I'll make sure to post some as time goes on if you all don't mind :)

ANbFv57I.jpg

FDX2U7jt.jpg

cuG3P4TS.jpg

Ej4wCIYJ.jpg

nREcsCfk.jpg

5ne8dJAO.jpg

ZKtCngUF.jpg

qaiz said:
It actually started off as me just buying a figure of my favorite character (Noriko) but it ended up spiraling out of control!
I think everyone knows that feeling :D . I've got one of those Misato figures as well so you clearly have good taste :wink: .

BanzaiJedi said:
I think everyone knows that feeling :D . I've got one of those Misato figures as well so you clearly have good taste :wink: .

Hah thanks, Misato is pretty awesome :) That's one my favorite figures, but my favorite figure by far has to be my Rio:BONE Canti.

I take too many pics, and they're all bad! :p

Emulsion said:
I have that Matoi figure as well. However she is still in her box. I need to put another shelf up.
It's an awesome figure! :p I look forward to the Satsuki Phat figure that will be coming out soon as well so they can duke it out! She was pushed back to the next month last I heard. Typical Phat :p I just paid for the Satsuki Sega PM Figure too and pre-ordered the Satsuki GSC 1/8 Figure.
Soo good *drool*

Not going for the GSC variant? Speaking of Pre-orders, I have Figma Motoko Kusanagi. Looking forward to that too :D

A bit off topic, but how are you all feeling in regards to Amiibo's? I ended up ordering a few (Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, Pit so far)

Fair enough :) I just need to get both...because I'm crazy lol. Both look awesome in any case so you can't go wrong with either.

Holo arrived an hour ago from Eye on Asia. I had real trouble getting the feet connected with the base as the pegs were too big for the holes on her feet and they didn't align properly, but I got there in the end. Everyone on MFC seemed to have the same problem and the universal recommendation was to use brute force. I had to go a step further and disassemble her until only the legs remained and fit them to the base as best I could, and then put the base on the floor and literally lean my body weight on it until everything was pushed into place. I'm impressed at how tough these PVC figures are :eek: I really expected a leg to snap off or something. Anyway, she is reassembled and on display but I'll never forget just how much hard work she was :p .

BanzaiJedi said:
Holo arrived an hour ago from Eye on Asia. I had real trouble getting the feet connected with the base as the pegs were too big for the holes on her feet and they didn't align properly, but I got there in the end. Everyone on MFC seemed to have the same problem and the universal recommendation was to use brute force. I had to go a step further and disassemble her until only the legs remained and fit them to the base as best I could, and then put the base on the floor and literally lean my body weight on it until everything was pushed into place. I'm impressed at how tough these PVC figures are :eek: I really expected a leg to snap off or something. Anyway, she is reassembled and on display but I'll never forget just how much hard work she was :p .

They have a certain amount of give to them, I find it's quite usual to have to use a little force to get them on their stands. The important thing is to properly support the base and the figure as you put them together.

I have that Holo aswell, it's a really nice one. Some people had issues with her dress, I found that her torso joint didn't fit all the way into her waist, if you have that issue try testing the joint out without the dress. I discovered that I needed to lean her torso forward slightly when connecting the pieces, this then holds the dress in place rather than letting it move (I think people have issues because the dress conceals the fact that the joint is not fully connected)

This arrived Saturday, only just got round to taking a photo. I'm tempted to sell my QuesQ Mikasa figure and wait for a Brave Act version of her instead, everything about the Brave Act figurines oozes quality that isn't there on QuesQ's work.

Received

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198399

Just before Christmas and just after Christmas

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/195508
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/78581

Today I just received some replacement parts for my Yoshino nendoroid, didn't really realise it at the time but her hood wasn't properly painted, it was only when I spotted someone else on MFC with a wrong colour green arm for her that I realised they'd made an error on mine. Good service from Good Smile Company again :)

Sora Takeuchi said:
Anyone help me is this an original figure or a bootleg?

Looking at the images on http://myfigurecollection.net/item/16888

I'd say it's real. The way her eyebrows are painted and the teeth on the mask are subtle unlike the more bold ones on the bootleg.

The quality of the paint job on various things like the rope and sword hilt also make me lean towards real. A shot of the box would be a good idea if you are buying as that should have a sticker in the top right http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/1 ... em%3A16888

asked about the box and the seller says they might have it but without the plastic the figure comes in so Ill just wait for them to send me a picture

Sora Takeuchi said:
Anyone help me is this an original figure or a bootleg?

30c7set.jpg
Comparing official pictures and the bootleg pictures i would say its an official release. In the bootleg the mask on her head is further up compared to the official release.

VoxPhantom said:
This arrived Saturday, only just got round to taking a photo. I'm tempted to sell my QuesQ Mikasa figure and wait for a Brave Act version of her instead, everything about the Brave Act figurines oozes quality that isn't there on QuesQ's work.

I have him as well. It was a pain putting together his 3D maneuvering gear, but once done he looks awesome...especially next to my Brave Act Levi and both my Koto Levi and Eren.

Back