Figure discussion/picture thread

Rosencrantz said:
demonix said:
VoxPhantom said:
Still waiting on UP1 getting stock of Tsukiko in. Get the feeling they may not get any, as the release date for the figure was the end of last month. :(
It takes up to two months after release for UP1 to get stock of a figure (it's still listed as a pre-order item although the release data would be incorrect).

I've noticed a lot of UK sites seem to have this 2 month delay between when something is actually released and when they state they can ship it to customers. Can only assume there's a delay somewhere in the supply chain that means they can't get things prior to release.
It's the way they're sent to them as UP1 gets their figures from suppliers in the US.

Thanks for the info guys, it's my first figure purchase from UP1 and I didn't realise they have that added 2 month wait on top of the Japanese release date.

I pretty much forgot having a weak moment and ordering Tsukiko. She shipped from Crunchyroll yesterday.

Rosencrantz said:
I've noticed a lot of UK sites seem to have this 2 month delay between when something is actually released and when they state they can ship it to customers. Can only assume there's a delay somewhere in the supply chain that means they can't get things prior to release.
I've been getting Newtype and Megami via Diamond for years (and keep meaning to cancel). It is less of a lottery as to whether they arrive, but they are always a couple of months after the cover date (and I think they come out the month before the cover date in Japan..)
Even neo arrives late through Diamond - I swear they must be sending them to the US and back again.

And so my parcel is being held to ransom until I pay £15, more than half of which is the mysterious "handling fee" which is only required when you're the one going out of your way to pick the flipping thing up!
£8 on top of a £36 figure is daylight robbery.

Shiroi Hane said:
And so my parcel is being held to ransom until I pay £15, more than half of which is the mysterious "handling fee" which is only required when you're the one going out of your way to pick the flipping thing up!
£8 on top of a £36 figure is daylight robbery.
Ah, but it's by an institution with a corporate fat-cat leader, so it's perfectly okay!

...Apparently.

VoxPhantom said:
Tsukiko arrived today. Felt slightly heartbroken when I had to pull her upper body off to take off some of the plastic wrapping!

Looks good. Not seen the show but that's a nice figure and kinda tempting (this thread is bad for my wallet & available space :) )

Some new stuff I got over the last week to fill empty space on my shelves. Two Gunpla kits and a figure of Rio from Sound of the Sky (Sora no Woto). I had to buy the figure preowned as it's a few years old, but it's in mint condition. It's clearly a cheaper figure but this range is all you can get for that anime so I'm happy with it.
To be honest I'm not sure if Gunpla kits count as 'figures' but I decided to include them in the photo since they are next to Rio on the shelf. The gunpla kits are 'Astray Blue Frame Second L' (from Seed Destiny Astray) on the left, and 'Strike Freedom' (from Seed Destiny) in the middle.
I'm now seriously considering getting an Evangelion kit to fill a little space at the top of my bookshelves. And a figure from Haruhi as well, Ryoko maybe.

These 2 stuck in customs.
98664.jpg

42054.jpg

Considering this.
144299.jpg

Miserably hoping for some Lain merch for the 15th anniversary (there was something for the 10th) or another Alter Ayanami Rei.

Had then for a month or so but I picked up a few nendoroids

Saber Extra http://myfigurecollection.net/item/166487
Maria to go with my Kobato http://myfigurecollection.net/item/144290
and
Faris http://myfigurecollection.net/item/78789

Trying to limit the numbers I buy these days but with a few must buys if they ever make them, so I'm really looking forward to Rin Tohsaka as a proper Nendoroid just announced

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198350

My other 3 wish list Nendos would be Holo, Astrea to complete the Angeloid set and Suigintou from Rozen Maiden

-edit- must be my lucky day, looks like they also announced a Suigintou Nendoroid http://myfigurecollection.net/item/198399

robot monkey said:
Thanks for the heads-up that it is now up for pre-order.

Not a company I am particularly familiar with, what's their reputation like?

Been available for pre-order since the end of December if I recall correct.

Not got any thing by Phat myself so talking a slight shot in the dark. Haven't read anything bad to put me off but saying that, I haven't read too much about them, as there hasn't been anything by them that I have been that interested in. Reputation seems decent, but not as good as Alter or Good Smile.

Someone did ask something similar on myfigurecollection in the comments for this figure and this was the reply

Emulsion said:
robot monkey said:

Not got any thing by Phat myself so talking a slight shot in the dark. Haven't read anything bad to put me off but saying that, I haven't read too much about them, as there hasn't been anything by them that I have been that interested in. Reputation seems decent, but not as good as Alter or Good Smile.

Someone did ask something similar on myfigurecollection in the comments for this figure and this was the reply

I've got a couple of small items from phat, no issues but smaller things are less likely to go horribly wrong I guess.

What I would say is that it's quite obvious when a company is considered to be bad because people will say so far more frequently than they will praise a company.

Emulsion said:
robot monkey said:

Thanks for that information.

Back