Figure discussion/picture thread

Can anyone recommend what figures of One Piece is good to collect/value. I only have some Grandline DX figures, and even though they can be cheap to begin with but the older ones can be expensive.
Was thinking of Figuarts Zero as they go cheap-ish.
Not interested in P.O.P figures.

Same goes make, any recommended companies with figures will help, cheers.
Looking to buy Blue Exorcist/HunterXHunter and Naruto in near future.

Just bought my first ever figures, quite excited now!

966.jpg

12338.jpg

61142.jpg

Edit: gave in and pre ordered:

141607.jpg

I was annoyed to see that UP1 had sold out of their stock of the awesome Ultimate Madoka figure, but Hobby Search had them for half price (probably to make up for the ENORMOUS shipping cost). I ordered one and today was curious about the tracking, so I dug out the details and saw this:
Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner

But ****, I don't care. I need this:
10189441a.jpg

Joshawott said:
I was annoyed to see that UP1 had sold out of their stock of the awesome Ultimate Madoka figure, but Hobby Search had them for half price (probably to make up for the ENORMOUS shipping cost). I ordered one and today was curious about the tracking, so I dug out the details and saw this:

I think they get a few of what they think will sell but then have basically no facility to restock.

That is an awesome figure, perhaps the customs will be awed and let it pass?

I ordered Ultimate Madoka from HLJ awhile back and they sent it in a ridiculously sized box. Seriously, Madoka's box is big but the box they sent it in was TWICE that. Needless to say I was gobsmacked when I saw the reciept, air is pretty expensive these days.

Wakey said:
I ordered Ultimate Madoka from HLJ awhile back and they sent it in a ridiculously sized box. Seriously, Madoka's box is big but the box they sent it in was TWICE that. Needless to say I was gobsmacked when I saw the reciept, air is pretty expensive these days.
No wonder the postage was the same price as the figure itself when I ordered...would I be able to fit this box in a standard four bedroom house?

Guys, remind me - do Parcel Force demand customs money at the door (like UPS), bill later (like Fed Ex) or send a note to collect like standard Royal Mail?

Joshawott said:
Wakey said:
No wonder the postage was the same price as the figure itself when I ordered...would I be able to fit this box in a standard four bedroom house?

Guys, remind me - do Parcel Force demand customs money at the door (like UPS), bill later (like Fed Ex) or send a note to collect like standard Royal Mail?

Last parcel force I had they sent me a letter (kinda like a payslip) telling me to pay online, they did at least allow me to select the delivery day (though they wanted extra for a Saturday delivery)

Joshawott said:
I was annoyed to see that UP1 had sold out of their stock of the awesome Ultimate Madoka figure
I'm more worried about the item disappearing from their lists since I've been burned once before with a figure pre-order from UP1 (a Yukiko Amagi figma that went from pre-order to pre-order stock sold out and then it vanished with the pre-order still sitting in my order list), so I'll be waiting until next week (which I estimated from the only figure I pre-ordered from them actually shipping in comparison to its actual release date) and if I don't get any shipping confirmation then I'll be putting this in as another loss and putting the £140+ reserved for it back into my purchasing fund.

Joshawott said:
...would I be able to fit this box in a standard four bedroom house?

Expect your local homeless to start paying spare bedroom tax the day after delivery :mrgreen:

Today I found out that Hobby Search have for some reason, charged me twice. There goes my Jobseeker's...
Fecking great. I was supposed to be lending it to Mum tonight to pay for my brother's 18th birthday celebrations...bugger.

Wakey said:
Joshawott said:
...would I be able to fit this box in a standard four bedroom house?

Expect your local homeless to start paying spare bedroom tax the day after delivery :mrgreen:
Cool. I'll charge them one tall tale a night for rent.

EDIT:
Okay, Hobby Japan say it was a "prepayment" that will never be taken, that was made to confirm my card is legit. So I need to phone the bank to cancel.

Yeah, I sometimes think i singlehandedly keep customs in business sometimes. Great Nendoroid's of Ikaros and Nymph there, you have good taste *grin*

anyway, haven't posted in a while so i guess i better show my more recent aquisitions. In addition to these i have another figure in transit and three on preorder, but i've rapidly reached the point where i have no place to put them *sigh* anyway....

96vZgww.jpg

Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats!

It's quite a pretty figure, but it takes up a lot of room with the wings...

u7BkBEY.jpg

Nanael from queens blade.

and not one, but two Airi

NpcHRaJ.jpg

o37VXSd.jpg

I spend too much on these heh....

I have these:
Shirakawa Kotori - I bought this in forbidden planet a couple of years back.
Hatano Konami - has a detachable skirt. The hat fell off when I was moving it. I think it went through a hole in my floor because I never found it after that.
I also have this really bad erio figure a friend bought for me as a joke.

I've never really had the money to buy as many figures as I'd like to so I eventually lost interest. Maybe I'll buy more if I ever get a job.

Greenmeido said:
I've never really had the money to buy as many figures as I'd like to so I eventually lost interest. Maybe I'll buy more if I ever get a job.

Just don't go crazy, amazingly easy to go overboard when you get that 1st pay packet :)

Having said that I just bought a http://myfigurecollection.net/item/5438 off ebay

Need to shift some stuff around or I'm never going to have space for it

That's a nice Haruhi. And yeah figure collecting is certainly an expensive hobby!

I'll have to unbox and take a picture of my newest aquisition at the weekend after I build my new set of shelves...

SunlightHeart said:
That's a nice Haruhi. And yeah figure collecting is certainly an expensive hobby!

I'll have to unbox and take a picture of my newest aquisition at the weekend after I build my new set of shelves...

The worrying thing was I wasn't even looking for it on ebay, I was browsing some more Nendoroids and it caught my eye

Ordered a couple of TLR figures (although they are not due out until end of the year at least)

and have unboxed my newest arrival, so here are pics... *grin*

AYbSGyg.jpg

and with hat on... she's so adorable *grin*

ApNc8l6.jpg

I also have been thinking about maybe starting to collect nendoroids too... a good idea?

Back