Figure discussion/picture thread

That is stunning but a little pricey for me. Inori will be the last figure I buy this year... I hope.

In other news, I'm eagerly awaiting the unveiling of GSC's Sena Kashiwazaki. I'm desperate for a Sena figure (her character design pushes all the right buttons for me) but I'm not keen on any that have been released so far.

Lawrence said:
FIG-MOE-5949_01.jpg

Speaking of throwing your money into an abyss...
She's twice the size of the Homura 1/8 figure.

Wow thats nice, I really must avoid this thread, have no space for the figures I own already :lol:

I ordered a Sayaka Miki Figma from UP1 an hour ago (This one)...and I just got an email to say it was dispatched. Super crazy short time gap 0.0.

@Ultimate Madoka figure...that's out in January isn't it? Might ask family to give me money towards that...

Lawrence said:
Joshawott said:
I ordered a Sayaka Miki Figma from UP1 an hour ago (This one)...and I just got an email to say it was dispatched. Super crazy short time gap 0.0.

@Ultimate Madoka figure...that's out in January isn't it? Might ask family to give me money towards that...

Unless it's been pushed back (which happens occasionally) it should still be November.
Okay. I was just running off memory of that I saw on UP1.

I want it....

I was rather disheartened when I saw that the mail man left only letters in my letter box, but as I went to make myself some toast I noticed something by the back door - then I remembered that one of the postmen doesn't knock or leave a note when something is too big for the letter box - they just leave it by the back door. I inspected this "something" and found that it was a box. What was inside this box you ask?
HNI_0034-1.jpg

This is my first Figma and to be honest, I was really surprised - I still love how her cape is actually made of cloth (so the alternative one being hard plastic was a bit of a downer xD).

One thing I found hilarious, was this:
HNI_0035-1.jpg

But anyways, here she is on my shelf:
HNI_0036-1.jpg

And a close up:
HNI_0037-2.jpg

Hmm, rather late, but here are some terrible quality photo's of what i've got :)

Panty and Stocking... i particulalry like the base and the pole, it's pretty cool :)

and Rin Tohsaka

I've also got Nymph from Sora No Otoshimono arriving in the next week or two, hopefully...

If my money holds out i would like to either get the Sekirei's from Sekirei or the girls from Highschool of the Dead next, butsince i'm spending money like water they may well go on hold for a while :)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

The forum just ate a massive post I had typed up since it had taken me long enough to be logged out and then there was some issue with refreshing the page while I was logging in. ;_; I shall keep this repost briefer.

Current preorders:

vLLwql.jpg
OIWUT.jpg
tekaX.jpg

cwlZx.jpg
p7KiE.jpg
8UOFC.jpg

c28QM.jpg
7euvA.jpg
nUFWj.jpg

And also...
Lawrence said:
Re: Ultimate Madoka:

Speaking of throwing your money into an abyss...
She's twice the size of the Homura 1/8 figure.
Despite being a) eyewateringly expensive and b) meaning that my collection of GSC Madoka figures still won't be "complete" for a while yet, I am MAD HYPE for this figure.

--

I am also quite disappointed "for real" with Fabby's decision to overlook Yamada for a pair of tits. I do approve of his interest in GSC's Sena, though, she looks very nice (and I see preorders have just gone up on AmiAmi) - if I didn't have a bit of a "set" mentality (I like to have other figures to display figures with, and GSC have given no indication that they are moving on to even Yozora, never mind the rest of the cast) I would have very possibly been ordering her myself.

AmiAmi is hands-down the best place for preorders. After that, Hobby Search, Hobby Link Japan, maybe a couple of others. Slightly further down the tree are "regular" import places like Play-Asia and NCSX. Lastly (usually if you miss out on preordering something for whatever reason), places like Otacute, Toys Logic, ToyLet which are a little more expensive (Otacute can be good for preorders too, but tend to sell out quite quickly in my experience).

Maestro, where do you put all of your figures? If that is just what you have on pre-order, I can't imagine how many you actually have. Does space ever become an issue?

vashdaman said:
Maestro, where do you put all of your figures? If that is just what you have on pre-order, I can't imagine how many you actually have. Does space ever become an issue?
I only started buying figures a couple of years ago or so (check the first post of this thread to find out more info!), thus my collection has not yet gone crazy into the realms of people like CloudedMinds who have been collecting for longer.

Also, I take them out of the boxes (I was surprised how many people don't), so the square-footage them consume can be negated by displaying them in interesting places. Combine with the fact that I have moved a lot towards collecting Nendoroid and Nendoroid Puchi and space isn't an issue... yet.

Lawrence said:
Nice, more proof that the internet is nearly as good as knowing things yourself! :p

(Actually really good link, I will add it to the first post)

Okay, so I went in AmiAmi and found one of the figures I wanted was sold out, but they had a preowned one.

Pre-owned Body:ABox:A, so it seems good....any one else bought a pre owned one from there before?

ilmaestro said:
Also, I take them out of the boxes (I was surprised how many people don't), so the square-footage them consume can be negated by displaying them in interesting places. Combine with the fact that I have moved a lot towards collecting Nendoroid and Nendoroid Puchi and space isn't an issue... yet.

I've got a few out of boxes and a few in, the trouble being that those empty boxes are still around for the figure to go back in. So I guess I'm doubling up on space taken. Also under a death sentance if I buy any more figures due to sheer amount of space they take :p

Back