Evangelion 3.33 You (Cannot) Have It

It definitely made more sense the second time I saw it - but I'd argue that like all of Eva, even when it goes over your head, it's such a visual/mental spectacle it blows your mind anyway. Especially if you watch it off the back of the first two Rebuild movies thinking it's going to be very much in the same vein.

qaiz said:
The film isn't hard to follow at all, in fact its very straight forward.
I think perhaps what you meant to say there qaiz is "I didn't find it hard to follow".

Because, y'know, not everybody is you.

Is there a problem? If you're gonna be blunt with other people expect them to be blunt back.

There's nothing wrong with having opinions, but stating your own experiences and opinions as though they're fact is one of my personal pet peeves.

Tone doesn't carry in text well, and if I've been unfair in my assessment of your tone there then that's what's to blame. It just came across as rather condescending.

I enjoy your reviews and input a great deal but I think it's kinda important to make it clear your opinions are that, and you don't think you know better than other people. I don't imagine you want to be misinterpreted any more than other people don't want to feel like they're being talked down to, so if I did misinterpret you I apologise.

vashdaman said:
Well allow me to swoop in with an opinion I shall state as fact: Most anime is hard to follow. There. I said it.
As in, you watch Non Non Biyori and then have to wonder what the chances are that whatever you watch next will be anywhere near as awesome?

But if we're coming at it from that angle, the only anime that was hard to follow was My Little Monster. It left me with a broken heart that no other show can mend.

vashdaman said:
But if we're coming at it from that angle, the only anime that was hard to follow was My Little Monster. It left me with a broken heart that no other show can mend.
That is a tough one to follow.

That said, maybe you should consider watching My Love Story/Ore Monogatari. It might not manage to heal you but it does have some interesting things to say on the subject.

Oh, I'm totally off-topic. Sorry.

THERE. IS. NEWS.

- News! Details logged in right now and will be released early 2016. More details hopefully at New York Comic Con.
- No Theatrical plans.

Update, ANN article:
North American anime distributor FUNimation Entertainment announced in ANNCast that it plans to release Evangelion: 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo on home video in Early 2016. Funimation also confirmed over Twitter that it is aiming for late 2015 or early 2016.

Funimation announced last year that it is working directly with Hideaki Anno's Studio Khara for the home video release. Studio Khara has decided it will create its own special subtitle tracks for the release.

Funimation planned to release the film on Blu-ray and DVD on February 18, 2014 but noted that the date was subject to change. Manga Entertainment's release has also been delayed indefinitely.

If FUNi wanted to troll everyone they should make a special feature for the DVD/Blu focusing on what the hell happened with this release :)

Also, I'd rather they say nothing rather than we 'might' release it late 2015 or early 2016...the original release date was January 2014 people have had enough time to preorder, I want them to say hey remember that Eva film? It's out tomorrow.

[span class="DeliberatelyMissingThePoint"]
A pretty good Ultraman pastiche that got conflated with the show runner's mental breakdown and being merched to the nines that has had three out of a (supposed) quadrilogy of movie remakes released that sold themselves on the package of being written as the version of the film that didn't have Anno mentally snapping in half mid-production but that plan has somehow gone to pot.

Also, seems to be the hardest thing to put an english dub track to this side of Symphogear except lacking that show's excuse of having to find people who could sing and sing in sync to the on-screen action.
[/span]

And there you have it, straight from the source following the NYCC announcement.

You'll forgive my skepticism, but their handling of the situation has does not exactly fill me with confidence. I'd rather wait until 3 February 2016 when the 3.33 blu-ray is listed as "Available to Order" or any other similar status. I want to experience for myself the English dub that caused a two-year delay.

Actually, that would be a cool tagline: "Experience The Dub That Caused a Two-Year Delay!".

Back